Author Topic: A fan, rival, or stalker?  (Read 5758 times)

Offline JasonV91

• Awards
A fan, rival, or stalker?
« on: April 11, 2019, 06:37:26 pm »
Posted this at TG as well...this was too funny/weird/random not to share with the community.

Earlier tonight, my brother-in-law texted me the following two YouTube links...much to my surprise, I'm not only mentioned by name in the videos, but called out as a cheater too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSYhNPtG5dE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc1hevcFO2w

A ton of questions instantly popped into head - how did my bro-in-law stumble across these videos? Who the heck is Bruce Smith? Are these meant to be taken seriously, or is someone just having a laugh? And where can I get my hands on a Namco Plug & Play? :)

My bro-in-law said he was watching some retro game play, and wondered if any of my performances were on YouTube - he did a search of my name, and that's how he found them. As for Bruce, he is clearly a Pac & Pal fan (which is great), but is clearly NOT a fan of me and my score (not so great). The first video is particularly harsh - the description says "when this world ends Jason Vasiloff will be branded a cheater when God reveals it and reveals the real world record of Pac & Pal". A quote from the video says "there ain't no way that you got a million points in 10 days from a 300,000 score", a question he also asks to his friend Robin who replies "uh uh...no". Now, I haven't played Pac & Pal for quite awhile, so I had to go back and look at when I set the record - it was 1,206,050 points on July 7th, 2016. And my previous submission to the track? 383,660 points on June 27th, 10 days earlier, just as mentioned in the video. Bruce's first video was uploaded in January of this year - was he trolling the TG archives for all my past submissions, or has this just been bugging him for two and a half years?

Anyway, certainly a strange occurrence that I thought some of you might get a kick out of...who knows, maybe some of your scores are firing up unknown rivals as well. And to Bruce, I assure you, 10 days was indeed enough time for me to improve as much as I did...if so motivated, I could do it again with another 10 days, with or without a Plug & Play. I congratulate you on a very solid Pac & Pal score - you're just over halfway to giving me some real competition! Keep practicing :)
Member for 5 Years DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: A fan, rival, or stalker?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 07:13:29 pm »
Robin says uh uh no.  Looks like you'll need to buy a Plug N Play, and video tape your score, and upload it to YouTube.  Uh huh, yes!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 07:15:17 pm by homerwannabee »
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Online Dk_madness

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 07:35:25 pm »
Thank you for posting this. That really made my day lol. Almost sounds like a southern JCB?

Anyway I laughed way too hard
Member for 11 Years DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK Masters - Rank D Winner of a community event DK 1M Point Scorer DKJR Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer Former DK No-Hammer World Record Holder DK Killscreener

Offline Mitch Mitchell

• Youtube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 08:27:16 pm »
Do you have a link to your record on TG? lol this is silly and insulting sorry dude.
VS Duck Hunt - 3,502,900
DK - 985,400
Member for 6 Years Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener

Offline Mitch Mitchell

• Youtube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2019, 08:30:15 pm »
VS Duck Hunt - 3,502,900
DK - 985,400
Member for 6 Years Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener

Offline johnbart

• Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2019, 09:58:57 pm »
Why doesn't he call out the WR on New Rally X too? I think this is somethin' personal like.
Member for 10 Years CAGTournaments.com Founder Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline JasonV91

• Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2019, 07:54:12 am »
Haha, so bizarre, isn't it? Ah the CAG we love - always brings out the best in us  :)
Member for 5 Years DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Twitch Streamer

creech

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2019, 02:25:07 pm »
Oddly enough, the video has been removed by the user.  <confused>

Offline GILLYKONG

• Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2019, 03:23:24 pm »
Damn I missed the video to. Must prove how much Bruce knows lol
Member for 8 Years DK Remix Killscreener Winner of a community event DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener CK Killscreener DK Killscreener DKJR Remix Killscreener DKJR Remix World Record Holder Twitch Streamer