Author Topic: Springs Revisited  (Read 6323 times)

Offline dnickolas

• Awards
Springs Revisited
« on: January 03, 2019, 11:37:49 pm »
Ok let's focus on the very last part of the spring boards. Read the Spring Theory thread and then come back here. We'll wait.

Ok. So now we know that both left and right approaches are possible, though very few people ever try right approach. That's fine... I'll break down what I believe to be the optimal strats starting from the top of the ladder, the primary thing that I want to share is not to wait for a short to move to the safe spot where you wait for left approach. Go on literally any spring, just work the timing out so you don't run into a spring and so you're cutting it really close.

Won't that kill you? Well, you care about the trailing spring now too. Not just the lead spring. Just like on left approach. Here's what you do for the various combos:

Long Long/Medium - move to safe spot on elevator top.
Short Anything - move to safe spot.
Long Short - retreat to top of ladder.
Now here's the best part.
Short Ideal - right approach. I define ideal as one of the springs that bounces center final ladder, so you have the most wiggle room and don't have to worry much about getting clipped from either side.

Basically you only have to have 4 options in your head, and this saves you time both in not hanging around waiting on a short, and maybe 3/16 of the time you start on a short, you can do an easy right approach. I reckon with a lot of work and good eyes you can do it 5/16 of the time on shorts, but I'm not there yet.

Discuss. Try it too.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 02:46:50 pm by dnickolas »
Member for 8 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer