Author Topic: Yolympics 2019  (Read 32321 times)

Online Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
Re: Yolympics 2019
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2019, 06:42:31 am »
We're 5 minutes into the contest, you can't say anything about who picked the best team yet
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 Submit a score for every DK3 track DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2019, 07:19:07 am »
We're 5 minutes into the contest, you can't say anything about who picked the best team yet

Oh true. There are still a few players out there who have a lot of potential.  I was just responding to Allen and his complaints about Exed Exes picking abilities. 
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Online TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2019, 11:29:57 am »
Exed drafted well.  It would help if Red Star and Novice played.
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2019, 05:56:13 pm »
We're two weeks in! The Fast Fires are currently leading the field by 106 points. V3D and CTS are 3rd/4th, but they still have some empty slots in their game submissions. And some of the strongest players in the field have yet to submit a single score, so there could be a shake-up brewing! BBH is leading the individual standings, but Zerst is hot on his heels. Will Toobin' be the deciding game?!

Keep grinding, keep submitting, and good luck!
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2019, 08:23:26 pm »
One week left in the contest! Make sure you get scores in by the deadline...it's a hard cutoff! https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20190310T2359&p0=137&msg=End+of+Yolympics+2019&font=serif

TFF have a strong lead, but not completely unassailable. 2nd-4th are anyone's game.

Also, there are number of scores on all teams that have the potential to be DQ'd for various issues: INP playback problems, missing evidence, etc. The team captains should have alerted their respective teams by now...if you haven't heard from the lately, let me know! Bad scores will be DQ'd Wednesday night.
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Weehawk

• Elite Member
  • Why not play some Space Panic today?
    • Golden Era Replay Page
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2019, 08:35:45 pm »

If you listen really closely, you can hear our stock plummeting.

Member for 10 Years

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2019, 10:57:49 pm »
24 hours left in the contest! Get those scores in!

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2019, 01:12:59 am »
Yolympics 2019 is officially over! I'd like to thank all the players for their outstanding efforts throughout the tournament. We had 65 of the 72 registered players submit scores!

Congratulations to The Fast Fires for winning the tournament, with a final score of 1,731! Mekanix took an early lead but The Fast Fires could not be stopped. And congrats to LordBBH, who took home the individual title with 406 points! Zerst and Todayisforgotten made strong runs at 1st, but BBH is BBH. Several new players put in strong performances, like Pearl and JasonV91, so kudos to all of them as well.

I'd also like to give some special thanks to all the people that made the organization and execution of this tournament possible:

johnbart - Created an amazing tourney site, and there would have been no tourney without it.
Barra, Todayisforgotten, DaLar, ExedExes - Your amazing captains who all drafted very well and helped me manage all the information flow.
ILLSeaBass - Set up RSS/Recent Scores feed in the Discord server which was very useful, especially for me as I was tracking the flow of submissions.
Wolf (Just_Wolfman/Just_Markus/whatever) - The founder and godfather of these tournaments. Helped me verify a ton of scores.

Apologies to anyone I may have missed who helped me during the tourney.

Even though the tournament is over, please keep an eye on the Yolympics Discord. BackdoorFred and CaptainJivePants will be hosting an awards show in the next week or so...don't miss it!

Wolf is also hosting a couple of upcoming tournaments so make sure you sign up for those!

Congrats and thanks again to all the players!

Offline bensweeneyonbass

• Dong Face Killer
    • Boooooring!
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2019, 03:40:29 am »
Thanks Jry et al. Yo was great. Happened to not be very competitive individually this time but I guess I had fun playing Arkanoid 1,000 times Kappa
Member for 8 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Online TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2019, 06:09:38 am »
Great tournament all.  Thanks to JohnBart, Jry, Wolf and all others who made it possible.  Also, thanks to our team captain Barra for keeping everyone motivated and Jry for running our analytics dept.  Our discord was a lot of fun and that's a testament to all the players who were not only highly skilled but fun af to hang out with.

On a personal note, was happy to finally 1cc 1942 in one of these things as that was a goal of mine last time it made an appearance.  I also need to get much better at Keyboard Kong, way too unsure of myself on the lenovo control panel.   <Billy>

Some new to me games I really enjoyed, Espgaluda, AvP and.....Espgaluda.

Some new to me games I've never played before and I did not really enjoy.....everything else, GnG, ST2, MSX, Raiden 2, DDP, Truxton, BB.....you get the idea.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 06:11:16 am by TheSunshineFund »
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline dollopuss

• Awards
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2019, 06:24:09 am »
Thank you, jry and everyone, for this tournament, it was a fun experience! I went in this with virtually no experience in CAGing other than DK, so I was able to discover new games, new achievements, new frustrations, new friends, and new communities. A new appreciation for shmups like DDP and Espgaluda was formed as well, so I might continue exploring those sometime.

And thank you, Barra, for drafting me to the winning team! :)
Member for 5 Years DKJR Killscreener DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline johnbart

• Awards
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2019, 09:02:18 am »
Great tournament everyone!  Some quick stats:

Number of score submissions: 1973 (not counting DQ scores which would easily put it over 2000  Kreygasm )
Size of INPs uploaded: ~800 MB (Doesn't sound like a lot but given they are all zipped and tiny it's not bad)
Most number of submissions: 95 by ILLSeaBass
Member for 10 Years CAGTournaments.com Founder Blogger Twitch Streamer

Online Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2019, 04:16:17 am »
Great tournament everyone!  Some quick stats:

Number of score submissions: 1973 (not counting DQ scores which would easily put it over 2000  Kreygasm )
Size of INPs uploaded: ~800 MB (Doesn't sound like a lot but given they are all zipped and tiny it's not bad)
Most number of submissions: 95 by ILLSeaBass

Thanks for your hard work John!

Allen, to be fair, Exed Exes actually did a fantastic job picking teams.  If you minus the captain's scores from the team scores it becomes easily apparent that Exed Exes actually did a fantastic job picking teams.

Fast Fires 1525-283=1242
Mekanix 1507-166=1341
Camel Toe Silhouettes 1416-277=1139
Verizontal 3D 1363-84=1279

When you minus the point total for Captains our team actually comes out second.  So don't blame his picking ability, because you'd be completely wrong.

Kappa
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 Submit a score for every DK3 track DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Online TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2019, 05:37:22 am »
Mine-Us-Captains

FF  - 1424
VER - 1294
MEK - 1243
CTS - 1187

FF won by 47 less points w/o captains than they did with.   

Offline krehztim

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2019, 11:01:49 am »
Is that a final shot of the spreadsheet of success, Jry?

Donkey Kong (US Set 1) - 542,800
Donkey Kong Start - 111,100
Crazy Kong Pt II - 590,800 (KS)
Member for 8 Years Blogger CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer