Author Topic: Billy Mitchell's 1M Game  (Read 25929 times)

Offline LMDAVE

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: Billy Mitchell's 1M Game
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2018, 11:59:49 am »
Kong Off 1 was more about winning the contest of the weekend. The environment was more hectic, loud, and packed than other kong offs, but still probably the most awesome in my opinion. So, each of us was just trying to beat the highest score of the day.

I think Billy made his point about reaching 1 million. He should at least try to match his KoK score now. The game gets  exponentially harder increasing final score by 50K each time.

Given my current goal is 1.13M range, I don’t think I ever tried to recreate a low million score after achieving it in 2011.

But, the point has been made by several others, and I’m not trying to discredit anything Billy’s proving now, but it’s hard to erase the evidence of the tapes. Can’t see someone accidentally playing on mame on several instances, with board verifications, and not know it.

Just remember, the last WR tape was 1.06M on 1.125M pace. Huge difference

Donkey Kong (Arcade): 1,108,100

Donkey Kong 1-1: 12,900

http://twitch.tv/LMDAVE
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline bensweeneyonbass

• Dong Face Killer
    • Boooooring!
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2018, 12:11:19 pm »
Then if you would like to clarify, sure. That was how I took your post towards me to be honest.

How's this for clarification - you said I was telling newcomers to beat it and that it's survival of the fittest. That is total bullshit that you made up. Clear as a bell.

I think I'm going to walk away now.
Member for 8 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Sanjuro

• Awards
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2018, 12:27:19 pm »
Then if you would like to clarify, sure. That was how I took your post towards me to be honest.

How's this for clarification - you said I was telling newcomers to beat it and that it's survival of the fittest. That is total bullshit that you made up. Clear as a bell.

I think I'm going to walk away now.

No worries. Then let's leave it there. I posted in the shinebox for any other clarification.
Member for 8 Years

Offline dnickolas

• Awards
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2018, 04:07:37 pm »

The strats were very different too. Different than actual 1.125 strats.
Member for 7 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2018, 08:47:39 pm »

The strats were very different too. Different than actual 1.125 strats.

The people who will believe will believe no matter what. Thats how things go generally. Its almost a year later and somehow getting a million points now means so much and I just simply dont understand that. Did anyone really think he couldnt get a million points? I knew he could. Nothing about the TG stuff was about a million points was it? I thought it was was about stuff from several years ago not last week or even last year?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 07:28:44 am by danman123456 »
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger

Offline aarontruitt

• Elite Member
    • AaronTruitt's Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2018, 05:46:48 am »
I have dropped into a few Billy streams out of curiosity. It isn't the same DK community I know and love in the chat, and I don't particularly enjoy his gameplay. Regardless, has he been verifying his cab via standard procedures in these streams? If so, are we going to allow these new scores on DKF? I could care less about TG submissions.
Arcade DK PB: 1,007,600 (KS)
Member for 8 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Online Weehawk

• Elite Member
  • Why not play some Space Panic today?
    • Golden Era Replay Page
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2018, 07:58:57 am »
I have dropped into a few Billy streams out of curiosity. It isn't the same DK community I know and love in the chat, and I don't particularly enjoy his gameplay. Regardless, has he been verifying his cab via standard procedures in these streams? If so, are we going to allow these new scores on DKF? I could care less about TG submissions.

I don't know what the standard procedures are, but you can see the cabinet opened up starting around 4:02:00 here:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/290847896

In the streams Billy (or his son) has voiced his disregard for DKF, so I doubt his scores will be considered for listing here unless he specifically requests it.
Member for 10 Years

Offline johnbart

• Awards
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2018, 08:47:44 am »
It's difficult to know how the burden of proof changes for someone who has been caught cheating and has continued to be in denial.

In an ideal world the burden of proof should be identical if that burden is solid enough to actually cover all of the ways a person can cheat. Standard verification across most of CAG just involves showing gameplay and ideally the board it's played on but that doesn't cover things like altering code on roms to tweak code (like say odds of getting an 800 point blue smash). There is a certain level of trust involved in most score submissions regardless of if we all formally acknowledge that.

It'd be hard for some people to accept any score that  <Billy> submits at this point without a full mea culpa, which isn't likely to happen.
Member for 10 Years CAGTournaments.com Founder Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline BillyGaines

• L=22
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2018, 09:39:27 am »
It's difficult to know how the burden of proof changes for someone who has been caught cheating and has continued to be in denial.

In an ideal world the burden of proof should be identical if that burden is solid enough to actually cover all of the ways a person can cheat. Standard verification across most of CAG just involves showing gameplay and ideally the board it's played on but that doesn't cover things like altering code on roms to tweak code (like say odds of getting an 800 point blue smash). There is a certain level of trust involved in most score submissions regardless of if we all formally acknowledge that.

It'd be hard for some people to accept any score that  <Billy> submits at this point without a full mea culpa, which isn't likely to happen.

He hasn't submitted a score to the DKF (to my knowledge).  If he decides to do so, I think that Jeremy should be the one who determines what criteria must be met in order to accept his score.  In the event Billy does submit to the DKF, I'll be fine with whatever  <snek> rules.  Without  <snek> many of us wouldn't have a DK score ranking.  His judgement is and always has been beyond reproach.  I don't see  <Billy> submitting a score here, but stranger things have happened. 
"If at first you don't succeed then maybe you just suck." - Kenny Powers
Member for 9 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2018, 10:28:40 am »
From what I understand he's on the, "My real scores are going to be done live at an event."  So it seems like even Billy doesn't want what he considers practice scores to count.  I could be wrong though.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Kewydee_17

• Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2018, 11:01:44 am »
I wonder why someone would grind so hard trying to get a score and then not submit it to a score keeping authority?

If both DKF and TG are to be "disregarded" then what's the point?

I'm pretty sure half of his audience has no clue about his history. Maybe it's a case of "You can fool some of the people all the time".

Then again with a ego that large, anything is possible.

Deep in that subconscious, there maybe a yearning for redemption. It would never be admitted though. That would be a sign of weakness.

DK Hi-Score 84,000

Mr Do! Hi-Score 2.030.050 Scene 141
Member for 8 Years Twitch Streamer

yman

« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2018, 01:26:30 pm »
Last week he got two 1M games within a couple of days and now last night he played for thirteen hours straight and wasn't able to get past level 13.

So would that big of a difference be caused mostly by the RNG in DK or would it more likely be that he just wasn't on the top of his game due to fatigue or whatnot?

Offline NightRider

• Awards
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2018, 11:32:02 am »
Billy's legitimate 1M play looks like everybody else's 1M play. If he keeps going and gets even higher scores, the gameplay style will be different in predictable ways, and it will be so different from his MAME "WR" recordings that he will further prove that he used save states on those. There's some irony in that. His "redemption" gameplay will further confirm that he had cheated previously.
Born with a steering wheel in his hand... And lead in his foot.
Member for 10 Years

Offline Bounty Bob

• Awards
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2018, 02:05:23 am »
There's some irony in that. His "redemption" gameplay will further confirm that he had cheated previously.
Yeah I've noticed that too, if ever there was any doubt of cheating then these current streams confirm it beyond doubt.

I'm still waiting for the stream where he gets his record on DK then follows it with a single game of Jr and beats his best on that too.  ROFL
Member for 8 Years DK Killscreener

Offline dnickolas

• Awards
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2018, 10:05:05 am »
Sadly, only a couple hundred people in the world understand the difference in gameplay.

Hey, I respect the current grind, even though some people got screwed in the past with shenanigans. I just wish he’d come clean with the old scores and end this fiasco. The movie is over so he doesn’t need to play the villain anymore.

Like, he’s a pretty good dk player. Always was. And nobody really doubted his ability to get a million (whatever he may say). We doubted his ability to play at 1.125 pace, especially HOW he was maintaining said pace.

When he starts 1.1 runs I’m 110% sure it’ll be with actual 1.1 strats. And he’ll probably get it for real this time.
Member for 7 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer