Author Topic: Billy Mitchell's 1M Game  (Read 26105 times)

Offline Sanjuro

• Awards
Billy Mitchell's 1M Game
« on: August 02, 2018, 06:37:28 pm »
Is Billy's game amongst the standard scores, or is he on a different plateau now? I've been enjoying the streams.
Member for 8 Years

Offline Weehawk

• Elite Member
  • Why not play some Space Panic today?
    • Golden Era Replay Page
    • Awards
Re: Billy Mitchell's 1M Game
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 06:46:30 pm »
Is Billy's game amongst the standard scores, or is he on a different plateau now? I've been enjoying the streams.

The word "standard" can't even be used in a sentence related to Billy Mitchell.

Different plateau? Let's put it this way: when God said "Let there be light", Billy Mitchell said "Say please".
Member for 10 Years

Offline Sanjuro

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 06:51:20 pm »

The word "standard" can't even be used in a sentence related to Billy Mitchell.

Different plateau? Let's put it this way: when God said "Let there be light", Billy Mitchell said "Say please".

You're not wrong!

It's just nice to watch. I'm glad he can now enjoy it with his son.
Member for 8 Years

Offline gstrain

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2018, 06:59:08 pm »
So there's this long line of people waiting to enter through the
Pearly Gates and suddenly this guy starts walking
down the line and throwing people out of line. Next guy up asks
St. Peter, what the hell, does that fucktard think he's God? And St. Peter
replies, "He is God - he thinks he's Billy Mitchell."
Member for 11 Years DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline bensweeneyonbass

• Dong Face Killer
    • Boooooring!
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2018, 07:35:59 pm »
Billy Mitchell is a big BM. His streams, as entertaining as they may be, are a distraction. He can play as hard as he wants. It changes nothing in regards to his scandal. His legacy, maybe, because he can point to new scores that are 1M+ and say he’s a 1M+ player (again), but it doesn’t change what he did. He’s still an arrogant lying cheater. The fact that he’s grinding on DK so hard indicates (to me) that he knows he hasn’t put up legit scores in the past. Why re-perform if your prior performance was “valid”?
Member for 8 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline johnbart

• Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2018, 09:53:02 pm »
If  <Billy> is the first DK player to break 1.3M it will still not change his Mame tapes.
Member for 10 Years CAGTournaments.com Founder Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline QAOP Spaceman

• Elite Member
  • ®
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2018, 10:53:27 pm »
Is Billy's game amongst the standard scores, or is he on a different plateau now?

He has reached the amazing plateau of having the 40th best score in the world on his signature game.

He's finding it difficult to get the same kind of RNG he used to be able to get on those silent 'direct feed' recordings, with those troublesome girder fingers. Funny that.

Still, hats off to the Gamer of the Century. Wherever there are slow learners, he will have an audience.

Member for 10 Years Blogger CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline Sanjuro

• Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2018, 11:10:13 pm »
Billy Mitchell is a big BM. His streams, as entertaining as they may be, are a distraction. He can play as hard as he wants. It changes nothing in regards to his scandal. His legacy, maybe, because he can point to new scores that are 1M+ and say he’s a 1M+ player (again), but it doesn’t change what he did. He’s still an arrogant lying cheater. The fact that he’s grinding on DK so hard indicates (to me) that he knows he hasn’t put up legit scores in the past. Why re-perform if your prior performance was “valid”?

Is Billy's game amongst the standard scores, or is he on a different plateau now?

He has reached the amazing plateau of having the 40th best score in the world on his signature game.

He's finding it difficult to get the same kind of RNG he used to be able to get on those silent 'direct feed' recordings, with those troublesome girder fingers. Funny that.

Still, hats off to the Gamer of the Century. Wherever there are slow learners, he will have an audience.

Oof. This sounds a lot like the old guard refusing to let go.
Member for 8 Years

Offline johnbart

• Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2018, 11:16:12 pm »

You could not have described the redemption tour more accurately if you tried.
Member for 10 Years CAGTournaments.com Founder Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Sanjuro

• Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2018, 07:49:46 am »
You could not have described the redemption tour more accurately if you tried.

Sure. Doesn't change the fact he is still competing at a high level and bringing attention to the sport, be it positive or negative.

Beyond that, the cynicism and attitude from the community has largely kept me from wanting to share my own personal scores and experiences.
Member for 8 Years

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2018, 08:01:34 am »
Beyond that, the cynicism and attitude from the community has largely kept me from wanting to share my own personal scores and experiences.

I've heard from many folks that the years of cheating and acceptance of his cheating had kept them from wanting to participate as well.  I think things would have went much better for Todd and Billy had they just come out at some point over the many, many years and admitted making a mistake.  Compounding the problem with more lies, attacking the researchers via interviews and maintaining a stance of innocence despite mounds of evidence has created cynicism and attitude of sedimentary rock thickness.  It's going to be difficult to crack that with a few Twitch streams.
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline bensweeneyonbass

• Dong Face Killer
    • Boooooring!
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2018, 08:29:47 am »

Wait wait... are you saying WE sound like the old guard refusing to let go?

And that the cynicism and attitude surrounding a known cheater is some sort of repellent to new players?

You're upside down on this one. The "old guard" are the ones who abetted cheating. We are the new guard and we rebuke liars and cheaters. If you're turned off by the cynicism and attitude from us, who rebuke the cheaters, then I have to wonder what your motives are.

Offline Sanjuro

• Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2018, 09:54:20 am »
Wait wait... are you saying WE sound like the old guard refusing to let go?

And that the cynicism and attitude surrounding a known cheater is some sort of repellent to new players?

You're upside down on this one. The "old guard" are the ones who abetted cheating. We are the new guard and we rebuke liars and cheaters. If you're turned off by the cynicism and attitude from us, who rebuke the cheaters, then I have to wonder what your motives are.

I mean, the fact that you are questioning my "motives" is making my point. Keeping the community in check is one thing, ostracizing is another. An insular portion, despite debating who did it first is still insular.

I don't really have a dog in the fight. I've enjoyed watching Billy and Steve over the years, up to Wes and Robbie more recently. They've all played an important role in rediscovering this hobby.

Member for 8 Years

Offline bensweeneyonbass

• Dong Face Killer
    • Boooooring!
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2018, 10:00:48 am »
If people are repelled by vocal cheater-haters, that's their reaction to have and they have every right to have whatever reaction or response they please. If they care about the game and the hobby, they'll understand how it can be a personal and emotional issue for others who care as deeply or more deeply than they.

If people are calling out vocal cheater-haters, for one reason or another, it would be naive to think that there aren't motives involved. Me wondering what your motives are is a result of your remarks about us being the old guard and not able to let go. If your motives are simply "let bygones be bygones" then more power to you and I respect your forgiving attitude. If your motives are "it doesn't matter that he cheated because he can do a better score than that now anyway" or perhaps "what's the big deal? he cheated at a video game. so what?" then I cannot agree.

Offline bensweeneyonbass

• Dong Face Killer
    • Boooooring!
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2018, 10:03:19 am »
If you think calling out Billy for being a cheater and not giving him forgiveness is tantamount to ostracizing would-be new members in the community, you're being far too sensitive, and so are those would-be new members.

If you can't see that we care deeply about all this, and think we're just stuffy stubborn gamers holding a grudge, then you are not really in touch with the situation. It goes beyond falsifying performances FYI.