Author Topic: After Kuh gets booted from the top 100 these are the next important scores  (Read 2308 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Any day now Brian Kuh's score will be booted from the top 100.  So, you may ask, "Whose the person with the next relevant score to meet the chopping block?"

Glad you asked imaginary person!

In my opinion the next important score belongs to Anders Lasbo.  He's 91still, and he holds the distinction of having the lowest scoring killscreen on the high score board.  So having a killscreen outside of the top 100 will be symbolically cool.
Next is Tim Jackson with his 89th place score.  It's the last 80s score in the top 100.  Once that's gone, no score before 2001 will be top 100.
Lastly is Billy Mitchell's 873k score.  It's not on the board because he has a higher score, but considering how legendary the score is, this would be epic once that happens.  That'll probably be a good two or three years before this happens though.
So are there any scores I'm missing?
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline dnickolas

• Awards
I think it would be symbolically cool for you to knock your own score out of the top 100 when we get that far.
Member for 8 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
Any day now Brian Kuh's score will be booted from the top 100.  So, you may ask, "Whose the person with the next relevant score to meet the chopping block?"

Glad you asked imaginary person!

In my opinion the next important score belongs to Anders Lasbo.  He's 91still, and he holds the distinction of having the lowest scoring killscreen on the high score board.  So having a killscreen outside of the top 100 will be symbolically cool.
Next is Tim Jackson with his 89th place score.  It's the last 80s score in the top 100.  Once that's gone, no score before 2001 will be top 100.
Lastly is Billy Mitchell's 873k score.  It's not on the board because he has a higher score, but considering how legendary the score is, this would be epic once that happens.  That'll probably be a good two or three years before this happens though.
So are there any scores I'm missing?

With Jason Vasiloff's 845,800 score over on TG, Kuh is now out of the DKF top 100. The kongtrac.kr #100 is 816,800 (greater than 3 killscreen scores). Regarding the historical Billy score, it's interesting to note that the average first-time killscreen score is about 877k. That's right around #71 on DKF (your spot, actually!), and around #76 on kongtrac.kr. So, it will take about 25-30 new "top 100" players to get to that point. I think it will take another 5 years or more to get to that point.

Looking down the road a bit...900k doesn't even break the top 50, 1M is barely good enough for #40, and 1.1M doesn't even crack the top 10.
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
You might also find this thread interesting:

Annual Donkey Kong High Score Progression
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer