Author Topic: My formula for whose the greatest of the Kongs.  (Read 12796 times)

Offline Josephjo

• Awards
Re: My formula for whose the greatest of the Kongs.
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2018, 08:21:51 am »

Since there is no hard stop to the game, there is no theoretical limit on points as well.

I've heard that DK3 crashes at the 10 million mark on the score counter.

I guess we'll know that for sure soon enough when Barra gets there.

I know he's close.
" Its not how you play the game but who you have backing up the bullshit."

From The Book Of Sczerby 2:18
Member for 11 Years CK Killscreener

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2018, 08:55:24 am »

Since there is no hard stop to the game, there is no theoretical limit on points as well.

I know he's close.

If he feels like it, I don't think any score is safe really, just a matter of time for the kiwi on this one I reckon. 
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline CaptainJivePants

• Teter
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2018, 09:08:22 am »
Please fix the title.  Who's, not whose.   <confused>
DK Jr. - 818,900 (KS)
DK Jr. best first life - 714,700 (19-4)
APB - 215,074
Member for 9 Years DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2018, 10:48:20 am »

I know he's close.
Except I got 13.9 million on easy settings. So not true.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2018, 10:55:53 am »
Well, I love charts and lists and Riley threads....so where to start?

1) There are people on Riley's list that don't have any submissions or official scores on anything but DK...so how they could they possible be among those considered as greatest of the Kongs?

2) Which of the 8 DK3 tracks should be considered for something like this, and why? All of them?

3) If you normalize by ranking and use DK3 Marathon on Difficulty 1, then the top 5 are Ben, Riley, Barra, ChrisP, and Brian Allen. If you use Difficulty 3 then the top 5 are Wes, Riley, Ben, Barra, and ChrisP. Which...wow...look at that...closely matches:

4)
https://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=1994.msg32537#msg32537
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2018, 11:12:45 am »
How are you normalizing the ranking Jry?  It seems the original idea was percentage of high score.  You seem to just be adding the rankings which is different.

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2018, 11:22:02 am »
The reason I like my formula better because a person could have number one scores in three different games, and because they didn't touch one of the games, they get heavily penalized due to the ranking system.  Robbie Lakeman has two number one scores and isn't in your top five.  My formula takes into account his supremacy in two of the games. Mark Kiehl also gets screwed by this.
As for me, it doesn't matter what system you use.  I'm still top five in almost all of them.

Edit,maybe it would be better to have a max of 143 for the top number since Donkey Kong Junior has the least submissions.  That way, no game is given a huge advantage.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 11:31:47 am by homerwannabee »

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline wolfman24

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2018, 11:41:21 am »
there really isn't a perfect way to do this
barra on hearing wolf for the 1st time  "wolf is a child and that is a man talking"

Barra [11|Jul 04:57 PM] Barra: I'll be happy with whatever wolf decides, but will still do my fair share of whinging
Member for 9 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2018, 12:07:25 pm »
How are you normalizing the ranking Jry?  It seems the original idea was percentage of high score.  You seem to just be adding the rankings which is different.

For each game: Rank ÷ Number of Players
Then sum of all four of those. A lower score is better.

The reason I like my formula better because a person could have number one scores in three different games, and because they didn't touch one of the games, they get heavily penalized due to the ranking system.  Robbie Lakeman has two number one scores and isn't in your top five.  My formula takes into account his supremacy in two of the games. Mark Kiehl also gets screwed by this.
As for me, it doesn't matter what system you use.  I'm still top five in almost all of them.

If you only consider some games and not others, then what's the point of a list like this? "Greatest of maybe some of the Kongs, or not, or whatever." is what you're talking about.

It's certainly no WSI.
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline wolfman24

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2018, 12:09:49 pm »

It's certainly no WSI.
[/quote]

even WSI is terrible lul
barra on hearing wolf for the 1st time  "wolf is a child and that is a man talking"

Barra [11|Jul 04:57 PM] Barra: I'll be happy with whatever wolf decides, but will still do my fair share of whinging
Member for 9 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2018, 08:04:46 pm »
 <confused>
Member for 11 Years Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer