Author Topic: Official Kong-Off 6 Format and Invitee List  (Read 52988 times)

Offline JCHarrist

• Spring Jumper
    • Donkey Kong Forum
    • Awards
Re: Official Kong-Off 6 Format and Invitee List
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2018, 06:17:30 pm »
Dan and Eric confirmed. Just waiting on word from Jonathan McCourt.
Member for 11 Years DKF Founder Former CK World Record Holder - Arcade CK Killscreener DK Killscreener

Offline JCHarrist

• Spring Jumper
    • Donkey Kong Forum
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2018, 07:35:18 pm »
Jonathan McCourt is confirmed!

So our 10 players are:

Robbie Lakeman
 Jason Wade
 Ross Benziger
 Jeff Wolfe
 Dan Desjardins
 Ethan Daniels
 Jonathan McCourt
 Andrew Barrow
 Danny Dock
 Eric Tessler

Congrats guys and looking forward to meeting Andrew and seeing the rest of you again!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 08:37:18 pm by JCHarrist »
Member for 11 Years DKF Founder Former CK World Record Holder - Arcade CK Killscreener DK Killscreener

Offline up2ng

• Awards
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2018, 02:04:21 pm »
Congratulations to all players who have confirmed for the event as the top seeds who will have dedicated machines for competition!  It looks like there will be ten players (including Billy and Steve) who are million point players and the other two players are not far behind so this will certainly be a high quality exciting and competitive competition for sure!  It's incredible that our community now has enough depth that such a strong group can be assembled despite many players being unable to attend.  Personally I think it's great that it has worked out in such a way that Eric Tessler has earned a dedicated machine for this event since he has been a huge contributor to the longevity of this hobby and community.

Once again I want to thank Richie for the invitation and JC for giving me some flexibility to try to plan for this trip.  Unfortunately I was just not able to make it happen this time and will be unlikely to attend.  But it looks like it's going to be a great event.  There will certainly be favorites and underdogs but with the current match style format for the event finals no results are guaranteed and anything can happen on competition day!  So it will be great fun to watch how things unfold from home if such an option to watch is made available.

If for some reason something changes for me at the last minute and I am able to attend after all, I'm happy to try to play my way in as a wild card if that option exists for this event and/or just try to provide technical help or commentary for the event.  It's unlikely at this point but you never know.

As always, I have the usual questions about event setup -- Is there a website which provides precise details about the event?  Will regular updates about the event be posted somewhere?  (This forum perhaps?)  Will viewers have access to a live electronic scoreboard?  (Link?)  Will event and/or gameplay live streaming be provided?  (Links?)

Thanks again to all of the folks who have been working so hard to organize, prepare, setup, run and breakdown the event.  Here's hoping that even more live and online events will follow!
Donkey Kong:  1,206,800  Kill Screen
Donkey Kong:  898,600     16-5
D2K:                 380,200     L=9
Donkey Kong Junior:  In Progress
Member for 11 Years DK 1.2M Point Scorer Winner of a community event Wildcard Rematch Champion Blogger Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Former DK No-Hammer World Record Holder DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer Individual Board Record Holder DK Killscreener Former DK World Record Holder - MAME Twitch Streamer

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2018, 02:16:10 pm »
If there is internet there will be streaming. JC and I will see to that. I have at least 5 or 6 laptops and will get the cameras. Similar setup as last year. There will also be a scoreboard provided. I'll start working on the finer things for this ASAP.

Hope to see you make it Dean!

Dan
Congratulations to all players who have confirmed for the event as the top seeds who will have dedicated machines for competition!  It looks like there will be ten players (including Billy and Steve) who are million point players and the other two players are not far behind so this will certainly be a high quality exciting and competitive competition for sure!  It's incredible that our community now has enough depth that such a strong group can be assembled despite many players being unable to attend.  Personally I think it's great that it has worked out in such a way that Eric Tessler has earned a dedicated machine for this event since he has been a huge contributor to the longevity of this hobby and community.

Once again I want to thank Richie for the invitation and JC for giving me some flexibility to try to plan for this trip.  Unfortunately I was just not able to make it happen this time and will be unlikely to attend.  But it looks like it's going to be a great event.  There will certainly be favorites and underdogs but with the current match style format for the event finals no results are guaranteed and anything can happen on competition day!  So it will be great fun to watch how things unfold from home if such an option to watch is made available.

If for some reason something changes for me at the last minute and I am able to attend after all, I'm happy to try to play my way in as a wild card if that option exists for this event and/or just try to provide technical help or commentary for the event.  It's unlikely at this point but you never know.

As always, I have the usual questions about event setup -- Is there a website which provides precise details about the event?  Will regular updates about the event be posted somewhere?  (This forum perhaps?)  Will viewers have access to a live electronic scoreboard?  (Link?)  Will event and/or gameplay live streaming be provided?  (Links?)

Thanks again to all of the folks who have been working so hard to organize, prepare, setup, run and breakdown the event.  Here's hoping that even more live and online events will follow!
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger

Offline dd0ck

• Awards
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2018, 12:38:54 pm »
There was a pretty good setup when I was there for the KO 4.5 event. Internet was stable and they were able to pull up the streams around the venue for games in progress.
Member for 11 Years Twitch Streamer

Offline tessler1134

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2018, 03:40:58 pm »
LOL Thanks Dean! I think I am going to get my ass kicked LOL. At least this Kong Off is in my backyard!
Eric Tessler

DK personal best arcade: 966,000 (kill screen, 133 minutes)
DK arcade, KO 2: 900,500 (kill screen, 113 minutes)
DK arcade no hammer: 369,000
Crazy Kong arcade kill screen: 562,000
DK 3 arcade: hard: 1,111,600; easy: 1,640,000
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener

konghusker

« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2018, 07:59:54 am »
I'm certainly bummed that I can't make this one. If it were during summer months I could have made it as vacation time. Good luck to the players. Thanks again Richie for your efforts and invite. I truly hope you decide to try doing another one. I'll definitely be tuning in to the streams.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 10:50:14 am by konghusker »

Offline YesAffinity

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2018, 07:16:22 pm »
Hoping to get a crack at one of those wild card machines.  I'll be at the event on Saturday.  Is there a sign up sheet or something? :)
Matthew 21:22

DK Arcade PB (verified): 970,200 KS
DK Start PB (verified): 126,600
DK L1-1 PB (verified): 11,400
DK PB 1st Man: 622,000

Donkey Kong Direct Feed How-To - http://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=1413.0
^Now outdated, see instead: http://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=2471.0
Member for 9 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2018, 01:04:23 pm »
There is no sign up but will be a registration. Any wildcard folks looking to compete and want me to add them to the kongoff.net site just respond to me with the questions or bio. Richie is swamped right now moving his arcade but I believe it's looking like $20 to play in the WC division. Maybe $20 per day but certainly not per quarter :)

Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2018, 04:12:19 pm »
There is no sign up but will be a registration. Any wildcard folks looking to compete and want me to add them to the kongoff.net site just respond to me with the questions or bio. Richie is swamped right now moving his arcade but I believe it's looking like $20 to play in the WC division. Maybe $20 per day but certainly not per quarter :)
Yep, register me Dan.  I want to participate in the wildcard section of the event.  I already created a bio, and so I don't know if that's what you are talking about.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline JCHarrist

• Spring Jumper
    • Donkey Kong Forum
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2018, 05:08:17 pm »
Hoping to get a crack at one of those wild card machines.  I'll be at the event on Saturday.  Is there a sign up sheet or something? :)

Jonathan McCourt has cancelled so you have a dedicated machine if you want it.

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2018, 05:56:37 pm »
I added you to the website Chris but have no photo so send me one if you can.  Let me know if all the info is correct I have as well. Thanks
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 05:58:59 pm by danman123456 »

Offline YesAffinity

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2018, 10:01:12 am »
Awesome, thank you!  Sign me up!  Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm

I'll send a photo tonight.

:edit: I'm probably being dense, but where is the web site?  FailFish Please post a link or point me to the post that contains it.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 10:03:03 am by YesAffinity »
Matthew 21:22

DK Arcade PB (verified): 970,200 KS
DK Start PB (verified): 126,600
DK L1-1 PB (verified): 11,400
DK PB 1st Man: 622,000

Donkey Kong Direct Feed How-To - http://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=1413.0
^Now outdated, see instead: http://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=2471.0
Member for 9 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2018, 10:19:37 am »
https://kongoff.net - This is the site I created.

http://www.thekongoff.com is the site Richie has setup to get stuff and I link to it from that site.

Dan

Offline jwade614

• Awards
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2018, 04:31:27 pm »
What time should we arrive for day 1? The expo opens at 2:30, but the kong off schedule says 12:00. Are they letting kong off people in early, or should we just show up at 2:30?
Member for 9 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer