Author Topic: Official Kong-Off 6 Format and Invitee List  (Read 52798 times)

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
Re: Official Kong-Off 6 Format and Invitee List
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2018, 09:29:04 pm »
If by a certain date we don't have 10, dedicated machines could be turned into wildcards if need be, otherwise the current method seems to be working OK.

Once a few more confirm/pull-out we'll be nearer to the 8-10 needed.

Edit: I certainly don’t think I should have a dedicated cabinet and would be happy if I just watched and hung out.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 10:13:19 pm by Barra »
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline RichieKnucklez

• Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2018, 10:47:54 pm »
Hey, after talking to Jeff he made it sound like I may have hurt some feelings with my previous post. I have been busting my ass trying to make this Kong Off 6 as good as the last few. I am having a terrible few months and sometimes my posts dont translate well. I was unaware Jeff had the contestant list under control.
I am sorry if I came across like a dick. I just want the website to launch and right now the player list /bios is our bottleneck. Please help Jeff get this list locked in asap. Thanks for understanding.
Member for 10 Years DK Killscreener Blogger

Offline up2ng

• Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2018, 10:08:49 am »
Hey Richie, it's great to hear from you!

I know that others would agree but I for one am extremely grateful for everything that you've contributed to this community over the years.  Your events have all been very memorable experiences for me that I'm glad that I was lucky enough to participate in.

As for this upcoming event, up until recently I would have thought that I would definitely have to pass on it, but as luck would have it some recent events have improved my situation and I am now at least 50/50 and have started looking into the necessary flights and travel details.  If you and Jeff want to post a firm deadline for commitment just let us know or if you just want everyone to hurry up that's cool too and totally understandable in preparation for the event.  I will try to get things figured out for myself soon one way or the other.
Donkey Kong:  1,206,800  Kill Screen
Donkey Kong:  898,600     16-5
D2K:                 380,200     L=9
Donkey Kong Junior:  In Progress
Member for 11 Years DK 1.2M Point Scorer Wildcard Rematch Champion Blogger Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Former DK No-Hammer World Record Holder DK 1.1M Point Scorer Individual Board Record Holder DK 1M Point Scorer Former DK World Record Holder - MAME DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline RichieKnucklez

• Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2018, 03:04:48 pm »
I have one of the biggest NYC digital media companies working on spreading the word OUTSIDE of our local community. I would love to bring a whole new breed of competitors to the fold. It is very disconcerting hearing over and over again how the Kong Off should be retired and we should focus on a new game. Imagine a whole new wave of players coming in to jump start the Renaissance., This event has literally no $ behind it. Donations are extremely welcomed richie@richieknucklez.com Putting an epic event together {having always going out of pocket} has left me in an extreme stress situation. I'm sorry if I am not coming across as happy as I used to be. ANYBODY feel free to contact me by text at 908.797.7901. I need help , $ and psychological evaluation. lol
Member for 10 Years DK Killscreener Blogger

Offline dnickolas

• Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2018, 04:14:23 pm »
How much money are we talking here? I have zero sense what these events cost.
Member for 7 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2018, 07:11:23 pm »
I have one of the biggest NYC digital media companies working on spreading the word OUTSIDE of our local community. I would love to bring a whole new breed of competitors to the fold. It is very disconcerting hearing over and over again how the Kong Off should be retired and we should focus on a new game. Imagine a whole new wave of players coming in to jump start the Renaissance., This event has literally no $ behind it. Donations are extremely welcomed richie@richieknucklez.com Putting an epic event together {having always going out of pocket} has left me in an extreme stress situation. I'm sorry if I am not coming across as happy as I used to be. ANYBODY feel free to contact me by text at 908.797.7901. I need help , $ and psychological evaluation. lol

Dude forget that nonsense about retiring it and a new game. That's just hateraid! :D - Seriously Ive got some major stuff going on but always ready to help out.
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

JustDanceJedi

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2018, 11:29:32 am »
Hey Jeff, and the rest of the DK community.
Thekongoff.com is still a work in progress, as I was asking for player updates Jeff informed me that only 5 top 12 players have officially signed up. (Was Sean from Florida one of the 5?)  ( I really do not want to go live with the site until the player profiles are exciting and a plenty.) I saw that Estel Goffinett just put up a million plus game. Give me a call when you can Jeff, Feeling a tad bummed that the website release was being delayed by contestant enthusiasm, I feel it's time to  toss out this idea. If the usual players do not confirm with say a few weeks, We should offer up their spots to players such as Andrew Barrow, Estel Goffinett, Ken House and other extremely active Donkey Kong Players. The Australian Kong off at The Netherworld arcade allowed anyone to participate. It made it very interesting. If our champions Hank Chien, Dean Saglio, Vincent Lemay Jeff Wilms, Steve Wiltshire Mark Keil and all the other regulars cannot commit by a fair cut off date lets throw a monkey wrench in and give the event to the players who most appreciate it. Just an idea. If your name was not mentioned do not feel slighted. this post was fueled by emotion and straight off the top of my head. Opinions? Jeff, please give me a call after this post settles in a bit. Thanks guys

Richie Knucklez

Or have a couple cabs open for open players. $20 per quarter drop to fund the prize pool and event.

Then people like me who have big egos with nothing to back it up yet can throw money down and compete.

I think this is a fantastic idea! I’ll throw $20 in Just to compete!!

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2018, 03:24:36 pm »
If each person brings 1 or 2 kong-related items we could hold a raffle with the proceeds going towards the running of the event/recouping some of the costs incurred by Richie.
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline alumbrada

• Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2018, 08:36:12 pm »
$20 per quarter drop????? Are you guys insane? A 3 day pass to get in to the Arcade Expo is already $120, which includes "freeplay on all 1,100 machines". Are the wildcard machines not included in this?

I could see maybe $20, max, to get on the rotation list for the wildcard machines.
DK high score: 89,100
Member for 10 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline dnickolas

• Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2018, 09:30:16 pm »
$20 per quarter drop????? Are you guys insane? A 3 day pass to get in to the Arcade Expo is already $120, which includes "freeplay on all 1,100 machines". Are the wildcard machines not included in this?

I could see maybe $20, max, to get on the rotation list for the wildcard machines.

I didn't know there were wildcard machines? And how can it possibly be free play on 1100 machines when some are reserved? I'm just confused. How would a rotation list work? Even a bad game can take like an hour...

Offline JCHarrist

• Spring Jumper
    • Donkey Kong Forum
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2018, 10:22:26 am »
I've received no response from Willms, McCurdy or Sczerby so next up is Ethan Daniels, Graham Hawkins and Mick Winzeler.

Dean and Steve - Please let me know something by the end of the week.
Member for 11 Years DKF Founder Former CK World Record Holder - Arcade CK Killscreener DK Killscreener

Offline dnickolas

• Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2018, 10:56:02 am »
Unless he changed his mind in the past week Ethan will be there regardless.

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2018, 12:28:33 pm »
Its not $20 per drop  the suggestion was $20 to compete.

Ethan said he was going regardless last I checked.

Dan
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger

Offline dnickolas

• Awards
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2018, 12:56:06 pm »
Oh Dan, I actually did say 20 per drop but I don’t know what these things cost. I feel like Rain Man.