Author Topic: Official Kong-Off 6 Format and Invitee List  (Read 52804 times)

Offline JCHarrist

• Spring Jumper
    • Donkey Kong Forum
    • Awards
Official Kong-Off 6 Format and Invitee List
« on: January 09, 2018, 06:09:48 pm »
Here's the details on the KO6 format:

There will be 14 machines for competition. Top 10 from DKF High Score List and Billy and Steve will have dedicated machines. There will be 2 additional machines for wildcard competitors to be determined.

Friday and Saturday will be traditional high score contest to determine the brackets for Sunday which will be DOUBLE elimination head to head matches.

I've confirmed that Wes, Hank and Mark will not be playing, so the following players are officially invited to participate:

Robbie Lakeman (Confirmed)
 Jason Wade (Confirmed)
 Ross Benziger (Confirmed)
 Jeff Wolfe (Confirmed)
 Dan Desjardins (Confirmed)
 Ethan Daniels (Confirmed)
 Jonathan McCourt (Confirmed)
 Andrew Barrow (Confirmed)
 Danny Dock (Confirmed)
 Eric Tessler (Confirmed)

If you are on this list and aren't yet confirmed, please post here or contact me via PM as soon as possible. If a player is not attending, the next player on the HSL will be added.

I will make new posts as the list gets updated.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 08:37:40 pm by JCHarrist »
Member for 11 Years DKF Founder Former CK World Record Holder - Arcade CK Killscreener DK Killscreener

Offline JCHarrist

• Spring Jumper
    • Donkey Kong Forum
    • Awards
Re: Official Kong-Off 6 Format and Invitee List
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 07:09:16 pm »
Dave McCrary removed and Jeff Wolfe added.
Member for 11 Years DKF Founder Former CK World Record Holder - Arcade CK Killscreener DK Killscreener

Offline JCHarrist

• Spring Jumper
    • Donkey Kong Forum
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 07:26:37 pm »
Jason Wade confirmed!

Offline JCHarrist

• Spring Jumper
    • Donkey Kong Forum
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 12:22:35 am »
Thomas Bauer and Phil Tudose are not attending, so next up is Tim Sczerby. <Tim>

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 06:27:36 am »
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 07:40:43 am »
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline JCHarrist

• Spring Jumper
    • Donkey Kong Forum
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 11:37:10 am »
Vince has declined. Mike Groesbeck added.

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2018, 01:00:45 pm »
Vince has declined. Mike Groesbeck added.
Just a thought, but if another person declines, you might as well just say the top 12 scores will get a dedicated machine so you won't be redundant.

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline JCHarrist

• Spring Jumper
    • Donkey Kong Forum
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2018, 03:04:27 pm »
Mike Groesbeck and Corey Chambers have declined. Dan Desjardins is confirmed!

Offline JCHarrist

• Spring Jumper
    • Donkey Kong Forum
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2018, 06:00:21 pm »
Jeff Wolfe confirmed!

Offline RichieKnucklez

• Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2018, 04:40:07 pm »
Hey Jeff, and the rest of the DK community.
Thekongoff.com is still a work in progress, as I was asking for player updates Jeff informed me that only 5 top 12 players have officially signed up. (Was Sean from Florida one of the 5?)  ( I really do not want to go live with the site until the player profiles are exciting and a plenty.) I saw that Estel Goffinett just put up a million plus game. Give me a call when you can Jeff, Feeling a tad bummed that the website release was being delayed by contestant enthusiasm, I feel it's time to  toss out this idea. If the usual players do not confirm with say a few weeks, We should offer up their spots to players such as Andrew Barrow, Estel Goffinett, Ken House and other extremely active Donkey Kong Players. The Australian Kong off at The Netherworld arcade allowed anyone to participate. It made it very interesting. If our champions Hank Chien, Dean Saglio, Vincent Lemay Jeff Wilms, Steve Wiltshire Mark Keil and all the other regulars cannot commit by a fair cut off date lets throw a monkey wrench in and give the event to the players who most appreciate it. Just an idea. If your name was not mentioned do not feel slighted. this post was fueled by emotion and straight off the top of my head. Opinions? Jeff, please give me a call after this post settles in a bit. Thanks guys

Richie Knucklez
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 04:41:50 pm by RichieKnucklez »
Member for 10 Years DK Killscreener Blogger

Offline MickyWinz

• Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2018, 04:56:45 pm »
Were you guys just going down the list as people declined?
1,045,900 Arcade
Member for 11 Years DK 1M First Man DK 1M Point Scorer Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2018, 06:02:07 pm »
I like your idea Richie, but maybe this would be a good way of picking people for the two wildcard machines?

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline dnickolas

• Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2018, 06:14:07 pm »
Thekongoff.com is still a work in progress, as I was asking for player updates Jeff informed me that only 5 top 12 players have officially signed up. (Was Sean from Florida one of the 5?)  ( I really do not want to go live with the site until the player profiles are exciting and a plenty.) I saw that Estel Goffinett just put up a million plus game. Give me a call when you can Jeff, Feeling a tad bummed that the website release was being delayed by contestant enthusiasm, I feel it's time to  toss out this idea. If the usual players do not confirm with say a few weeks, We should offer up their spots to players such as Andrew Barrow, Estel Goffinett, Ken House and other extremely active Donkey Kong Players. The Australian Kong off at The Netherworld arcade allowed anyone to participate. It made it very interesting. If our champions Hank Chien, Dean Saglio, Vincent Lemay Jeff Wilms, Steve Wiltshire Mark Keil and all the other regulars cannot commit by a fair cut off date lets throw a monkey wrench in and give the event to the players who most appreciate it. Just an idea. If your name was not mentioned do not feel slighted. this post was fueled by emotion and straight off the top of my head. Opinions? Jeff, please give me a call after this post settles in a bit. Thanks guys

Richie Knucklez

Or have a couple cabs open for open players. $20 per quarter drop to fund the prize pool and event.

Then people like me who have big egos with nothing to back it up yet can throw money down and compete.
Member for 7 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2018, 07:14:11 pm »

Richie Knucklez

Or have a couple cabs open for open players. $20 per quarter drop to fund the prize pool and event.

Then people like me who have big egos with nothing to back it up yet can throw money down and compete.
I like this idea as well.  I'd be willing to throw down $20 to get my score up there with the greats.  Even if it's just 200k. :)

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard