Author Topic: teign - The DK3 almost-RBSer  (Read 9057 times)

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
teign - The DK3 almost-RBSer
« on: November 01, 2017, 05:06:09 pm »
I finally managed to get my hands on old Mac so I could watch teign's 3,061,700 recording of DK3 on MARP (http://replay.marpirc.net/r/dkong3). This game is from January 2003.

And the magic number is...154. He reached board 154. Six boards away from the repetitive blue screen on board 160. He reached 1,000,000 on board 51. 2,000,000 on board 100 or 101. 3,000,000 on board 150. His score after board 80 was 1,583,000.

I hope to record a high-quality video at some point, but on this old POS Mac I'm not sure that will happen. At the very least I'll eventually put together some stats comparing teign, Riley, and Ben Falls. I still think teign is former DK3 WR holder Lloyd Bromola, but I haven't been able to confirm that.

Any advice on recording a high-quality video of a 2.5 hour MAME replay on a iMac G4 running OS X 10.4.11?

« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 05:09:25 pm by xelnia »
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline VON

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Re: teign - The DK3 almost-RBSer
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 05:35:32 pm »
Any advice on recording a high-quality video of a 2.5 hour MAME replay on a iMac G4 running OS X 10.4.11?

Open your "roms" folder, right-click the "DKong3" rom and select "Delete" from the drop-down menu.  Then take the Mac and throw it straight into the trash.

Did you find this comment helpful?  Yes  No

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 06:12:43 pm »
Wow, that is pretty incredible. He would have had no idea he was that close.

The BenJos of DK3. Love it
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 06:18:56 pm »
Cool, thank you very much for that.  I always wondered if he hit the RBS.  I know his score is a tad low, but if he lost a few flowers along the way it was always still possible. Good to have the answer.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2017, 07:59:10 pm »

Open your "roms" folder, right-click the "DKong3" rom and select "Delete" from the drop-down menu.  Then take the Mac and throw it straight into the trash.

Did you find this comment helpful?  Yes  No
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2017, 03:50:26 am »