Author Topic: Running DK from Linux command line/ terminal?  (Read 3018 times)

Offline Adam_Mon

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Running DK from Linux command line/ terminal?
« on: June 27, 2017, 08:21:48 am »
Does anyone here happen to run WolfMAME on Linux/ Ubuntu from the terminal?
I have WolfMAME 0.179 running fine and can use the GUI to record INP's but I'm used to running my WolfMAME versions from the command line on windows as it makes for much faster resets (If I die on 1-1 dk, I could always just hit escape tap up arrow and hit enter to start a new instance of MAME).

The problem is I can't figure out what the Linux version of these commands / parameters are..
for example after navigating to the WolfMAME directory in windows I can use "/mamearcade dkong -record dkong" etc..
but the linux terminal isn't having any of it.

So my question is does anyone happen to know off hand what the appropriate commands are to run wolfMAME from the Linux command line or know of any website where they may be listed? I've peeked around in MAME-dev site and a couple others but wasn't able to find much.

The only thread I found on here was from 2013 but that was just to get wolfMAME running in WINE emulator iirc.
attached picture.

Thanks.

Offline johnbart

• Awards
Re: Running DK from Linux command line/ terminal?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 10:57:57 am »
On Linux if you're trying to run an exe that isn't in the system bin folder you need to add the characters "./" in front of the file name to basically tell the system to look in the current directory for it.  It's totally crazy and throwback but that's the way *nix has always been :)

Try the command:

./mame64 dkong -record dkong

and see if that works.
Member for 10 Years CAGTournaments.com Founder Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Adam_Mon

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Re: Running DK from Linux command line/ terminal?
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 11:03:54 am »
On Linux if you're trying to run an exe that isn't in the system bin folder you need to add the characters "./" in front of the file name to basically tell the system to look in the current directory for it.  It's totally crazy and throwback but that's the way *nix has always been :)

Try the command:

./mame64 dkong -record dkong

and see if that works.

Thank you!

Problem resolved thanks to johnbart, works perfectly now  Kreygasm