Author Topic: Favorite Kong Off...  (Read 11350 times)

Offline jdgilliam1

• Awards
Favorite Kong Off...
« on: December 22, 2016, 08:43:08 pm »
What do you guys think has been the best Kong Off so far?
John Gilliam
DONKEY KONG (ARCADE) - 666,200
DONKEY KONG JUNIOR (ARCADE) - 156,700
Member for 10 Years

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: Favorite Kong Off...
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 09:06:53 pm »
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

lakeman421

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 10:38:16 pm »
Two was my favorite.  It was my first one and met everyone in person for the first time.  Made me want to become the best player I could be.  It was also my first winter in AZ and Denver was one of my favorite cities to visit on the west coast.

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 07:48:37 am »
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

konghusker

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 08:35:51 am »
2 because it was my first one and met everyone, but 3 was my favorite as it seemed bigger and more of a massive arcade event. I loved the area to.

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 10:29:39 am »
2 because to this day it's the only Kong Off I have ever been to.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Fly

• Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2017, 12:25:43 am »

WRONG! 3 is your favorite cuz I was there. Just cuz you weren't there doesn't mean it wasn't your favorite.

All the ones that I wasn't at are my favorites cuz I didn't have to see or hear that wretched game.

Hec
Member for 10 Years Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2017, 08:11:32 pm »

WRONG! 3 is your favorite cuz I was there. Just cuz you weren't there doesn't mean it wasn't your favorite.

All the ones that I wasn't at are my favorites cuz I didn't have to see or hear that wretched game.

Hec
So it looks like you might not like Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Junior, and Donkey Kong 3?   If that's true.   I sort of admire that.  Not many people hate all three games.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2017, 10:50:47 am »
Hmmm hard to say ive been to all 5 so far. 1 was cool but small. 2 was different being in a "big" city at the 1up. I got to meet lots of people for the first time. Probably 5 for me but for different reasons than the others. Being able to stream it all and handle commentary stuff with JC made that the best one for me by far. They have all been pretty awesome tho.
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger

Offline dd0ck

• Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2017, 09:30:04 am »
I haven't been to all of them, so it's hard to say. I bet the first one was fun since it was the first of it's kind and the first Kong Row was probably pretty cool to see.

There was probably a lot of that "newness" in the second one. And overall Donkey Kong felt like it was still being figured out back then, like there was still major variations in gameplay style.

I'm thinking 2 might have been the best....but after talking to Richie, the next one might be a strong contender.
Member for 11 Years Twitch Streamer