Author Topic: Problem hitting the bail out button in shooter games  (Read 1781 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Problem hitting the bail out button in shooter games
« on: December 08, 2016, 05:49:33 pm »
For me the biggest problem I have with shooter games the the bail out button.  For whatever reason, I am always a split second too late in hitting the bail out button.  The Bail Out Button of course are where you can get a temporary shield, a bomb, a loop de loop, or some other thing that give you a reprieve from the game for a second or two.  It doesn't really matter what the game is. 1942, Juno First, Do Don Pachi,  Space Firebird, or some other game, if it has a bail out button, you can rest assure I will lose at least one or two unnecessary lives because of failure to hit the BOB.
So is there some kind of trick to stop this?  For me, I think I have stopped progression on too many games to count because of being too late on the BOB.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

spectre

Re: Problem hitting the bail out button in shooter games
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 03:23:21 am »
I know what you mean and the only thing you can do to improve hitting the panic button in time is being able to recognize when you're about to get in danger. In bullethell shooters, especially, it's easier as you can see that the bullet patterns forces you towards a corner with no escape.

Also, when playing a game for some time you become aware of areas that are hard for you and you can then get yourself ready to bomb when that section is coming up.