Author Topic: IGBY Game Coverage  (Read 8073 times)

Offline andrewg

• Awards
Re: IGBY Game Coverage
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2016, 08:59:54 pm »
As for catching up to MARP, I can see Xelnia's spreadsheet, specifically the third tab (Site Data) now has DKF and MARP color coded.  When it gets to be the last week especially, we need to focus on games where we pass multiple MARPers with one submission.  Like 1943 right now.  If someone from DKF could somehow beat nii-san's 2.6M, they'd get the 43 points for 6th place, but they'd also knock at least 6 MARPers down 1 more slot, for an additional net gain of 6 points.  For games like Paperboy or SMB, you can see there aren't that many MARP scores in the top 15.  Making a large net gain on those games is just about impossible for those of us already on the scoreboard.  During the closing days, it's more productive to concentrate on other games, where we have more of an opportunity to pass multiple MARPs at once.  In the meantime, it's just do the best each of us can, gain a couple of points here and there, and GET PEOPLE TO SUBMIT MORE SCORES.

I have been thinking about this a little bit, but I think it's much more valuable to try and get most everyone to submit on every title. What I'm saying is that it's much easier to pass your 8th place guy's score by 6 ranks than to try and knock the other teams down. If a player has submitted for every title, I think your idea makes sense.
There's a Kill Screen Coming Up!
Member for 11 Years Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline andrewg

• Awards
Re: IGBY Game Coverage
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2016, 09:14:31 pm »
My thought on the most efficient way to earn points is to look at the games with the lowest 8th place points:
Block Out 8th place gives us 11 points currently. If I score in the middle of the pack with 31 points, it would be a net gain of 20 points (minus whoever is passed i guess).

A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 09:32:30 pm by andrewg »
There's a Kill Screen Coming Up!
Member for 11 Years Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer