Author Topic: Wes Copeland strikes back at Robbie Lakeman striking back! 1,195,100!  (Read 11125 times)

Offline maximumsteve

• Elite Member
  • Mario Bros. Arcade World Record Holder.
    • Awards
Re: Wes Copeland strikes back at Robbie Lakeman striking back! 1,195,100!
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2016, 05:41:39 am »
I wish I had someone challenging me in Mario Bros. the way you, Wes,  and Robbie go at it. Another brilliant score sir!! Congrats and keep plugging away!! You too Robbie.  Kreygasm <Allen> <Sanders>
Member for 10 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: Wes Copeland strikes back at Robbie Lakeman striking back! 1,195,100!
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2016, 06:10:47 am »
I wish I had someone challenging me in Mario Bros. the way you, Wes,  and Robbie go at it. Another brilliant score sir!! Congrats and keep plugging away!! You too Robbie.  Kreygasm <Allen> <Sanders>

Here is my advice to you for that.  Think in your mind this, "There is no way I can stop my record from being broken in the future.  The only thing I can do is make that future person work harder for my record."

So then make yourself a goal to make that future record holder have to work as hard as possible for that record.  In a way it's a defeatist attitude, but in a way the thought of making this future person work extra hard for your record can bring you to another level.

I don't think I would have been able to take a couple of games to another level if it wasn't for this thought.  Now what those two games are is my little secret.  Yep, no one is going to figure that one out. Kappa
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener