Author Topic: Donkey Kong Remixed  (Read 124019 times)

Offline raulito

• Awards
Re: Donkey Kong Remixed
« Reply #165 on: January 05, 2018, 03:22:54 pm »
I put together a DK Remix demo of two more boards; the reverse barrels stage and the alternate cement/pie stage.

I'm mostly curious to hear if the cement stage is fair or unfair.    I think the rest of the stages in the game are pretty well balanced.

Yes, the new cement stage is more random because the fireballs can spawn in 4 places.   No, the spawn points are not as easy to control and even then it's never 100%, but the hammers should be good for clearing the way.   I'm curious how well the randomness plays out.

You can get the 2nd demo here:
http://users.axess.com/twilight/sock/dkremix/dkrdemob.zip

Thanks!

"Not Found
The requested URL /twilight/sock/dkremix/dkrdemob.zip was not found on this server.

Apache/2.0.63 (CentOS) Server at users.axess.com Port 80"
Member for 6 Years

Offline blackraven15

• I usually just quietly lurking
    • My UV Multimidia Art
    • Awards
« Reply #166 on: January 05, 2018, 05:20:55 pm »
I put together a DK Remix demo of two more boards; the reverse barrels stage and the alternate cement/pie stage.

I'm mostly curious to hear if the cement stage is fair or unfair.    I think the rest of the stages in the game are pretty well balanced.

Yes, the new cement stage is more random because the fireballs can spawn in 4 places.   No, the spawn points are not as easy to control and even then it's never 100%, but the hammers should be good for clearing the way.   I'm curious how well the randomness plays out.

You can get the 2nd demo here:
http://users.axess.com/twilight/sock/dkremix/dkrdemob.zip

The Demos were eventually taken down off John`s website. I *think* one of the two demos made it into mame but the other did not.

Thanks!

"Not Found
The requested URL /twilight/sock/dkremix/dkrdemob.zip was not found on this server.

Willow / Sock's other half

Higest DK Remix score default setting 64 180 (April 19 2018)

Twitter: @donkeykongremix
https://www.facebook.com/donkeykongremix/
Member for 8 Years

Offline smf

• mamedev
    • Awards
« Reply #167 on: February 16, 2018, 07:57:35 am »
"Not Found

Does anyone still have a copy of the file?
Member for 6 Years

bokkendo

« Reply #168 on: February 17, 2018, 12:22:03 am »
Im trying to fing the z80 on my 4 board set. I have installed the dk jr one on my 2board set bu im not sure where the z80 is on the 4 board can you help?

Offline raulito

• Awards
« Reply #169 on: December 06, 2019, 05:29:57 pm »
"Not Found

Does anyone still have a copy of the file?

Unfortunately,no.
Member for 6 Years

Offline adamrgodfrey

• Awards
« Reply #170 on: November 05, 2020, 03:17:35 pm »
Feel free to redirect me but is it possible to put the Xmas gfx onto the standard kit. I imagine it would be a gfx ROM swap but that's a guess.
Member for 3 Years

Offline adamrgodfrey

• Awards
« Reply #171 on: November 05, 2020, 04:00:21 pm »
If it helps I'm running a 4 board cocktail which I think this has some connection to.
Member for 3 Years

Offline Sock Master

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #172 on: November 05, 2020, 04:26:40 pm »
Feel free to redirect me but is it possible to put the Xmas gfx onto the standard kit. I imagine it would be a gfx ROM swap but that's a guess.

Unfortunately, it's not that simple as the Christmas and Spooky versions of DK Remix are actually extensively different code-wise, in order to make use of those different graphics and color ROMS/PROMs.  And as it's been a huge hurdle to figure out how to supply those graphics and color ROMs, I haven't created kits that included the Christmas and Spooky versions of the games themselves.

It didn't seem like there would be much interest in a kit that in-of-itself still needed the user to replace all the graphics and color ROMs in order to use it so I did not make them at the time.

Well, it just so happens that I have had an idea that would make such a kit more appealing even if you didn't swap your graphics ROMs and I've been working on it for the last little while.  (!!!)
It's going to be a lot more work and it's going to take time and it won't be ready in time for Christmas... but I have something I'm working on and it will allow the potential to play the games with the regular graphics if you don't swap your graphics roms, Halloween graphics or Christmas graphics if you do, plus other cool stuff to make it more interesting.   Which will definitely be available before next year's holiday seasons!

"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!"
Member for 8 Years snek Twitch Streamer

Offline adamrgodfrey

• Awards
« Reply #173 on: November 05, 2020, 05:47:43 pm »
Well ill take next year over never. Plus this year has been such a wild ride anyway. Excited for NEXT year for many reasons. Thanks for everything you've done!!!
Member for 3 Years

Offline adamrgodfrey

• Awards
« Reply #174 on: November 27, 2021, 07:28:47 am »
Looks like we are now a year out and the cat has sprung the coop.

If I understand correctly I have to get a new remix board and a new rom board? Is it possible to upgrade or trade in my old one? And add the new roms
Member for 3 Years

Offline Sock Master

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #175 on: November 27, 2021, 08:28:24 am »
Looks like we are now a year out and the cat has sprung the coop.

If I understand correctly I have to get a new remix board and a new rom board? Is it possible to upgrade or trade in my old one? And add the new roms

I would have made an upgrade path like I had in the past but the new kits have a new design and a much higher capacity in order to support the new games so the old kits can't be updated to add them

I did make the graphics kit optional - and although you need it to support all four (Original/Spooky/Chistmas/Rainbow) graphics sets simultaneously,  I included options in the service menu to select between the four individual graphics sets so you could burn your own graphics & color ROMs and swap the graphics set that way.

If anyone is interested in going that route I can post up the binaries for the various graphics and color ROMs.
"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!"
Member for 8 Years snek Twitch Streamer

Offline adamrgodfrey

• Awards
« Reply #176 on: November 27, 2021, 08:51:56 am »
As I thought. Well.ill save my pennies and get a new kit. Great work!!
Member for 3 Years