Author Topic: My Facebook Kong Off 4 New Year's Eve Update cut and pasted  (Read 6438 times)

Offline RichieKnucklez

• Awards
My Facebook Kong Off 4 New Year's Eve Update cut and pasted
« on: December 31, 2014, 07:15:08 pm »
In order to keep the Kong Off series of events fresh, and bigger and better each and every year, I not only faced the challenge of acquiring 22 working Donkey Kong machines. The bigger challenge was finding a big enough venue to host the event and even harder was finding the sponsorship loot to make it all happen. Currently we are discussing holding the event at the Starland Ballroom. http://www.starlandballroom.com.We will be working with the best in the business "Live Nation" and NJ's own the "Aquarian" http://www.theaquarian.com/ . With the holidays upon us we will resume discussions on Monday. Although we have never discussed moving the event back once again, with March closing in, it may be a good idea. Billy Mitchell fans will be excited to hear that Billy has been playing DK once again to really up his game and even "seriously compete" this time around. Billy has been a huge part of keeping me full steam ahead on this project. I am also happy to announce that Jace Hall, "Twin Galaxies' head custodian" is very excited for the The Kong Off 4. I am confident that his "new" TG will be instrumental in bringing live events like ours, into homes all over the world. this event would not be able to happen if I were to attempt to go at it alone. But I am NOT alone. I have great friends who have stood beside me through the worst of times. Hopefully the stars will continue to align and all of our hard work will bring us all together to party once more. There are not words for the magic that is created at these events, THAT is the main reason I continue to forge ahead and "never surrender, never" This means tickets through Ticket Master (Sorry Pearl Jam) and we have even kicked around the idea of making it more like California Extreme, Free Play Florida etc... The Kong Off being of course the main attraction. The Tri State area needs an arcade convention. The left coast kicks our asses when it comes to this. Ok it is 10 O'clock and I must get back to making New Year's Eve special for my Faithie. I sincerely hope speaking out of turn does not come back to bite me on the ass but I felt you guys deserved to be informed asap. Please feel free to drop me a line with any questions. Happy New Year friends! ~RK
Member for 10 Years DK Killscreener Blogger

WCopeland

Re: My Facebook Kong Off 4 New Year's Eve Update cut and pasted
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 07:46:21 pm »
Thanks for the update Richie. 22 machines ... so I interpret that to mean DKF Top 10 + Billy + Steve + 10 qualifiers through Eric and John's online opens.

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 05:42:32 am »
Billy Mitchell fans will be excited to hear that Billy has been playing DK once again to really up his game and even "seriously compete" this time around.

As a spectator, I welcome this news.  Who wouldn't be interested to see how Billy's "A" game stacks up against the current lineup of DK heavyweights?

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 11:29:28 am »
Yeah perhaps an april or may date works? PAX East is in March just throwing that out there. Plus it gives me another month to get a score :D
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger

Offline Xermon54

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 11:53:30 am »
Awesome news, lovit! Can't wait for the Kong Off 4, it will be very exciting!

When do you think you will officially know the dates of the Kong Off 4, Richie? If you can't make it in time for march, that's definitely not a problem. April or May would be good, like Dan said. No hurry!
1) World Record of the most insults received by a plastic surgeon - 3752

2:World Record of the most Check Man games played - 6 (tied with Hank Chien)
Member for 11 Years Blogger DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer