Author Topic: Mitch's Gaming Goals  (Read 135787 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: Mitch's Gaming Goals
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2013, 05:10:41 pm »
Final score 1,104,750! Now onto Joust!
With your current high score I don't see you pulling off 1.1 million on Donkey Kong this year.  Donkey Kong Junior is a different beast.  Some people have trouble with this game, and some people accelerate very quickly at it.  The others I think you will have an easier time getting to.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2013, 05:31:19 pm »
Yer buddy!!!!!

Burgertime is a cool game to master too since not many CAGers have to my knowledge.

Great job man.
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2013, 06:55:28 pm »
Day 1 Joust: 169,200. Figured out some defensive strategies as well as got used to the physics. I'm struggling with losing lives mainly just on the pterodactyl waves.

I also added 500k+ on Q*bert as a goal. I have George Leutz to thank! ;)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 07:13:38 pm by marinomitch13 »
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2013, 02:05:15 pm »
I'm one of the people who still can't see the new TG beta version site, but when I can, I will update my list with a sub-list comparing my Cruis'n USA times. Can't wait to see how I compare to the best times!
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2013, 02:11:14 pm »
I'm one of the people who still can't see the new TG beta version site, but when I can, I will update my list with a sub-list comparing my Cruis'n USA times. Can't wait to see how I compare to the best times!

At first, I couldn't see the beta version either, Mitch.  I reloaded the page several times without success.  It wasn't until I cleared my browser cache that I could finally navigate the new layout.  You should give that a try.

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2013, 02:15:19 pm »
Yeah, I've done that several times, as well as tried other browsers and Grant's direct link, but still nothing. I'll keep trying! :)

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2013, 02:17:53 pm »
Well, waddaya know, it worked this time! BOOM, baby! Will update the Cruis'n USA times shortly.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2013, 02:25:29 pm »
...and then, as soon as I pushed 'Home', I am now stuck only seeing the old site again. Sigh. This will require patience.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2013, 08:42:12 pm »
Ok, so I finally got onto the new TG site via proxy service and was able to compile a list of the best times on Cruis'n USA between TG's database and around the rest of the web. Here is how I stack up!:

EDIT I moved this section to the first post!!!! It was my Cruis'n USA times. EDIT

Now that I actually have times to compare myself too, I can push myself even harder and I might even consider trying to break all of the (supposed) wr times. I will link this chart to an edit on my original post.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 08:54:17 pm by marinomitch13 »

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2013, 01:38:01 pm »
Hey everybody! I'm gonna be trying to do some streaming live from Rusty Quarters Arcade today to show people around the place. You can watch it at my twitch channel here:

http://www.twitch.tv/marinomitch13

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2013, 11:33:50 pm »
Thanks for the people that showed up in my stream to watch me give tour of Rusty Quarters. I was able to up my pb on Joust a bit semi-live on the stream (I think my computer ran out of battery mid-game). Day 3 on joust (about 15 attempts in total so far): 216k. Once I get used to the blue guys a bit more and learn to not lose as many guys on the pterodactyl waves I'll be home free!

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2013, 01:01:16 am »
Played some DK yesterday, and though I didn't get a start, I was doing pretty well with max point pressing and having quite a fun time playing DK for the first time in a long time. My dad heard me talking to the stream and was curious who I was talking to. What transpired was kinda silly. I dedicate the moment to Vincent Lemay: http://www.twitch.tv/marinomitch13/c/2000771

Offline Xermon54

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2013, 04:27:01 am »
Hahaha. Soon, everyone will be streaming shirtless  8). Mwahaha!
1) World Record of the most insults received by a plastic surgeon - 3752

2:World Record of the most Check Man games played - 6 (tied with Hank Chien)
Member for 11 Years Blogger DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline mikegmi2

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2013, 05:49:27 am »
Haha that's pretty awesome.
Donkey Kong - 1,076,000 (arcade, KS)
Member for 11 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2013, 06:17:38 am »
Hahaha. Soon, everyone will be streaming shirtless  8). Mwahaha!

I can see it now.  The "Partnership of International Shirtless Streamers" (or P.I.S.S.)   :o

Since the acronym suggests a different type of "streaming" activity, I would advise selecting another name for your organization.

EDIT:  Just noticed that I used the word "different" twice in the same sentence.  Can't have that.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 06:56:49 pm by stella_blue »
DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer