Author Topic: Most impressive gaming ive ever watched!  (Read 2677 times)

Offline kalel

• Awards
Most impressive gaming ive ever watched!
« on: October 24, 2020, 10:59:59 am »
12 max outs in 2 hours . Are you effing kidding me!
Member for 10 Years Twitch Streamer Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: Most impressive gaming ive ever watched!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2020, 11:29:52 am »
I've been following Tetris competitions before they even were a thing.  They are simply hyper competitive now.  A revolution of gaming basically happened about four years ago with the "Tetris for Jeff" video that became a huge MEME all across the Internet.    This spawned Joseph who was inspired by that video, and then 2 years ago at the age of 16 he took out Jonas a guy in his mid 30s who was a 7 time champion.
It's at that time when everything went into hyper speed.  Now we have teenagers across the planet who have gone next level on this game.  Look at  the beginning of this video, and see how there were 2 people who maxed out six times in 2 hours.  5 people who maxed out five times in 2 hours.
About 3 years ago Koryan got 2 maxouts in two hours.  This was thought of as unbelievable, and an insane feat.  In fact no one until 5 or so years ago even got one maxout in qualifying for the tournament.
It's simply on another level now.
I suspect ALL Arcade/MAME scores would be destroyed if we ever had this type of hyper growth.
Thankfully there's a level of toxicity in our culture that will ensure that will never happen.  Kappa
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Fly

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2020, 03:30:41 pm »
My T&F scores would be safe. You saw what happened to the last guy that said he was better than me.  ONE LESS FINGER!  Kappa

Fly
Member for 10 Years Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2020, 07:24:30 pm »
My T&F scores would be safe. You saw what happened to the last guy that said he was better than me.  ONE LESS FINGER!  Kappa

Fly
I think you'd actually be very good at this game.  There is a technique called hyper tapping.  The faster you can tap, the more potential you have with the game.  All the top players are now hyper tappers.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Fly

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2020, 07:53:46 pm »
Silly Tetris community using contorted hypertapping to be as fast as my thumb. But Tetris is more than tapping fast.
 I can't think fast enough to play beyond a little level 19. I used to do 18 and get 500k about 30 years ago. All thumbs, built wells wherever and only rotate in 1 direction.  Rotation with both is like walking and chewing gum which I can't do.

Fly
Member for 10 Years Twitch Streamer