Author Topic: Phil Tudose crushes the Donkey Kong Jr. World Record! 1,478,000!  (Read 11423 times)

dwayne

Re: Phil Tudose crushes the Donkey Kong Jr. World Record! 1,478,000!
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2020, 02:10:06 pm »
Great work!  The technology is there for 1.5.  Dont forget Barra bottom 1600 on hideout.  That is something Marky used.  I dont have mame is this game playback available without it.

Congrats.  High can you go!

Supposed to be dk joke. Lol

Cheers dwayne

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2020, 02:52:00 pm »
I dont have mame is this game playback available without it.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/696940513
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2020, 05:16:43 pm »
From my short experience with it, it's more a break glass in case of emergency move. Unfortunately on average it seems to actually give you a lower score. I could be wrong though. But on the last level, and you have nothing left to lose, and you are desperate, yeah it's definitely something to go for.

It definitely averages higher but we do need more data. In my 1.3m game I used it up until L12, averaging 2.7 smashes. From L13 onwards I averaged 1.2 smashes

Corey used this technique for the full game however he didn't drop that fruit at all on levels 18 and 19. Excluding those two, he averaged 2.625 smashes with the first apple over a full game.

The only other game that (presumably) used this technique is Mark's 1.4m but unfortunately we don't have the data/video for that one.
The jackpot method is skipping at least the first two fruits. I didn't create skipping the second fruit. I founded skipping the first two fruits. In other words, the delay the first fruit that you called it is what I call the Jackpot method.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 05:46:32 pm by homerwannabee »
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2020, 07:10:34 pm »
OK, finally watched some of it. This is basically equivalent to the Wes Copeland "perfect" game. Both games were able to get max points on all three men. Both did something surprisingly safe. Wes constantly panic grabbed during his game, and Phil didn't ever skip the second fruit, and chose the safer method. Both safe methods happened on the hardest version of the first board you play in the game.
Both games scores ended with 8,000
And as far as difficulty, yeah 1,478,000 is equivalent to 1,218,000.  IMO
So far what's shocked me. Wow! I had no clue you you could kill three birds on the springboard stage!
The chain stage. This is a hybrid of the regular method combined with my method. Amazing!

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Bliss1083

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2020, 09:02:01 pm »
3 birds with one fruit or total for the whole board?
Donkey kong  arcade 867,000 kill screen
Donkey kong arcade 1-1 12,800 12,200 12,100 and 12,000
Donkey kong end of level 4 132k
working on my hello kitty island adventure skills
Member for 11 Years DKJR Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2020, 10:59:02 pm »
The jackpot method is skipping at least the first two fruits. I didn't create skipping the second fruit. I founded skipping the first two fruits. In other words, the delay the first fruit that you called it is what I call the Jackpot method.

<confused>

Delay 1st fruit = jackpot
Delay 2nd fruit (1st apple) = what I was referring to

No one does the 1st one yet. Only myself, Corey and marky have implemented the 2nd (i think marky found this strat?)
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2020, 12:02:08 am »

<confused>

Delay 1st fruit = jackpot
Delay 2nd fruit (1st apple) = what I was referring to

No one does the 1st one yet. Only myself, Corey and marky have implemented the 2nd (i think marky found this strat?)
That's right. :)

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2020, 07:18:23 am »
3 birds with one fruit or total for the whole board?

One fruit (top one)
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline Jonesy

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2020, 12:29:34 pm »
This is a mental score!

Phil, what can I say sir!? You're an absolute nutjob!

Many congrats from England!!

Got 'em!

Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer