Author Topic: All 3 Donkey Kong records are top 20 golden age arcade records  (Read 2242 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
All 3 Donkey Kong records are top 20 golden age arcade records
« on: December 16, 2018, 05:10:48 am »
Alright I'll say it.  I think all 3 Donkey Kong records are in the top 20 all time in regards to arcade/MAME records.

Golden age for me is all arcade games from 1978 to 1985

First off, Donkey Kong.  EVERYONE with even an inkling of understanding knows that the Donkey Kong record is in the top 20.  It's for me, by far the number 1 record out there. The competition between, Sczerby, Wiebe, Mitchell, Hank Chien, Copeland, and Lakeman has made this by far the ultimate of arcade records.

Second, 1.4 million is crazy good, and the back and forth between Ike hall, Wiebe, Kiehl, and Kasper made this record a top 20 record.  I agree that, one can argue that Galaxian, and Galaga are higher up on the list, but to me DKJr is a top 5 Arcade record.

Lastly that leaves my record or records.   Yeah, Galaga, Galaxian, Robotron 5 man, and about 10 other game records can legitimately be ahead of my record.  Still, it's a top 20 arcade record.  But in comparison to other scores, and the competition over the years.  Yeah, it's top 20.  DK3 has had a lot more serious players over the past 10 years than some other major arcade games.

Oh, and because it seems that Barra demands it.  Yes, if Barra wasn't so lazy he'd have the Donkey Kong 3 world record.  <stirpot>
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener