Author Topic: Donkey Kong Remix version 1.01  (Read 9620 times)

Offline Sock Master

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Donkey Kong Remix version 1.01
« on: February 25, 2016, 02:21:53 pm »
Version 1.00 of Donkey Kong Remix has been out since January and this is the version that all DK Remix boards now have been playing until now.

The little not-so-secret secret is that all DK Remix boards with double digit serial numbers also have version 1.01 of Remix hidden inside.

Version 1.01 adds a few changes to the logic within the game to make gameplay more fair.

• The behavior of the fireballs around the top conveyor of the Pies stages has been changed.  The fireballs will now go up the ladder to the top conveyor with normal frequency.   Once on the top conveyor, the fireballs will tend to cross over to the side that is opposite of the side Jumpman is on.   They can go back down the ladder.  This will keep the fireballs circulating around the stage, but prevent them from totally blocking the way up Pauline's ladder.

• Starting on L=06 and onwards, the hammers in the original Pies stage will now be blue jump hammers.   From L=08 onwards, the top hammer will alternate which side of the screen it's on.    This will make the hammers in the original Pies screen actually useful for controlling fireballs.

• On the L=07 springs stage there was a scenario where if the 2nd fireball decides to stay frozen for a very long time it may be very difficult to get past it.   The 2nd fireball in the alternate Springs stage is no longer a freezer.

• (This is a big one.)  A Fireball/Firefox will no longer randomly reverse if Jumpman is in the process of jumping it.   Fireball/Firefox logic is still the same as before except in the case of Jumpman jumping over one; The random number generator will roll a favorable number during a fireball direction switch point.
    The implication here is that it will now be safer to jump over fireballs.  This may change some of strategies used for different stages and also open up possibilities of using more trick moves in-game.

How to tell which version you have:
----------------------------------------
When you go into the service menu, you will see a version number at the top of the screen.

DONKEY KONG REMIX  V1.00R

DONKEY KONG REMIX  V1.00S
              or
DONKEY KONG REMIX  V1.01S

If it says "1.00R" you have one of the original boards that does not switch to version 1.01.   If you have one of these boards, contact me and I have a board exchange program to get you an updated board.

If it says "1.00S" or "1.01S" you have the switchable version.

How to switch the version number:
---------------------------------------

In the service menu, move the firefox over to the "ERASE SCORES" option.
Carefully enter this sequence of inputs (it doesn't matter how long you take, take your time):

LEFT, DOWN, UP, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, LEFT, JUMP

If you did it correctly, the version number at the top of the screen will have toggled between V1.00 and V1.01
Now move down to the "SAVE AND EXIT" option and select it.   Your high scores will not be erased.

If you did not do the code correctly and accidentally erased your high scores...  turn the machine off and back on then try again.  The scores don't actually erase until you select "SAVE AND EXIT".

You can repeat the code and it will switch back to V1.00 so both versions of the game are available.  Play whichever you prefer.

And that's it!  Enjoy and please leave me feedback about what you think of the changes in V1.01

Thank you
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 03:09:30 pm by Sock Master »
"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!"
Member for 8 Years snek Twitch Streamer

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
Re: Donkey Kong Remix version 1.01
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 03:06:08 pm »
 <Tim> / Kreygasm
Member for 11 Years Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline ChrisP

• Spring Jumper
  • I'm going to jump next to your leg.
    • Donkey Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 03:32:38 pm »
Such hype.  Kreygasm

I've only been to L7 springs 3 times (and got stopped cold there all 3 of them...), but I'd already noticed the fireball issue there was going to be a problem. (Almost as much of a problem as the player overexciting himself after a successful top shelf jump and jumping right into the spring-death zone, 200 points short of a PB.  :P)

The ability to jump over fire is especially huge. This is one of the more interesting dynamics of D2K, and I love to see it here.
http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com

4 Quarters :-* - 800K Avg. Per Qtr. :o - No Restarts 8) - No Proof :'(

7/26/2013   Coin 35,946   710,800   18-1
7/28/2013   Coin 35,947   903,700   22-1
8/16/2013   Coin 35,948   694,100   17-6
8/17/2013   Coin 35,949   893,100   22-1

3,201,700: the $1 World Record?
Member for 11 Years DKJR Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D Blogger Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener

Offline ChrisP

• Spring Jumper
  • I'm going to jump next to your leg.
    • Donkey Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 04:08:33 pm »
http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com

4 Quarters :-* - 800K Avg. Per Qtr. :o - No Restarts 8) - No Proof :'(

7/26/2013   Coin 35,946   710,800   18-1
7/28/2013   Coin 35,947   903,700   22-1
8/16/2013   Coin 35,948   694,100   17-6
8/17/2013   Coin 35,949   893,100   22-1

3,201,700: the $1 World Record?
Member for 11 Years DKJR Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D Blogger Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener

Offline Shnypz

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 05:32:12 pm »
1.00 > 1.01 switch worked perfectly. I've yet to get past L=4 but I'll give it a whirl tonight.

DK Remix, the gift that keeps on giving.  Kreygasm
Member for 9 Years Blogger

Offline tilt

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Repair man of DKF
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2016, 09:26:13 pm »
Neat!  I am still awaiting the replacement board, I have not had it come in yet.
My stream is currently (http://www.twitch.tv/expandedidea/)
PB(s):
Donkey Kong: 1,116,400 (KS)
Donkey kong Hard roms(prev. world record): 914,200
Crazy Kong: 513,700 (KS)
Member for 9 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer snek DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Sock Master

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2016, 08:05:35 pm »
Neat!  I am still awaiting the replacement board, I have not had it come in yet.

I really hope it doesn't take much longer to arrive!   Please let me know what condition the box is in when it does, I'm curious to find out how customs may or may not be mangling them.   Maybe I can learn something on how to avoid this sort of delay and/or avoid having boxes damaged.
"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!"
Member for 8 Years snek Twitch Streamer