Author Topic: New high score save kit?  (Read 14498 times)

Offline tilt

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Repair man of DKF
    • Awards
Re: New high score save kit?
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2015, 09:44:25 pm »
So this baby can pull score data directly from the game's memory, eh...

Are you guys thinking what I'm thinking?

Write some new software for this, connect it to a PC, and voila, you could do pace calculation/game stats.

Sirs, this is definitely a product worth considering! You might not have any idea what I'm talking about, but we all number-crunch our DK games, so an automated data feed directly from the game's memory would definitely sell around here.
Agreed.  If the network attachment could calculate the pace, board by board, level by level, then this info could be displayed on stream without entering any info at all!  This needs to happen!
My stream is currently (http://www.twitch.tv/expandedidea/)
PB(s):
Donkey Kong: 1,116,400 (KS)
Donkey kong Hard roms(prev. world record): 914,200
Crazy Kong: 513,700 (KS)
Member for 9 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer snek DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Tyrem

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2015, 12:55:08 am »

Agreed.  If the network attachment could calculate the pace, board by board, level by level, then this info could be displayed on stream without entering any info at all!  This needs to happen!

please send this idea to jochen. i am sure that he can think about a way to make this happen. it is important that he knows what you guys want and how this should work when playing the real hardware.

Offline jwade614

• Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2015, 06:29:00 am »
I think we just want to send/store data to a PC and then write an app to do the pace calculation.

That way we can track stats on every single game played. From there you can do some real fun/nerdy stuff. For starters, I want a pace app that incorporates historical data. So for example, when I finish L=5, don't show me my projected score based on that single level, show me my projected score based on the average of the last X levels I played.

If you have all the data, you can also track survival rates for probability calculations, and do other interesting statistical analysis with mean/variance/confidence intervals.
Member for 9 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer