Author Topic: Donkey Kong 3 High Score Lists Discussion  (Read 23058 times)

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
Re: Donkey Kong 3 High Score Lists Discussion
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2014, 07:46:43 am »
I don't play that game yet, so that's my excuse ;D
Member for 11 Years Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2014, 08:43:26 am »
By the way, why isn't anyone complaining about the Mario Bros. scoreboard?  All it says is "The dip switch bank has to be on medium difficulty setting"

Try not to take it personally, man. You should be thrilled that there is this much attention on a comprehensive DK3 leaderboard. It's not your fault the settings situation is screwed up, but it has to be dealt with or the confusion will be perpetuated. Or not. Odds are it will have to be explained every single time this game comes up...forever.

Anyway, here's an Excel 2013 file modeled after the main Donkey Kong High Score List. The formatting is all Scott's work, with George's data added. I have added source and streamer links where possible. Some names had to be fixed for spelling, "EMPTY BOY" was changed to a MARP score instead of Aurcade, and Ethan's BOTA score was added. The scores that are below the cut-offs are still included so you can remove them as needed. Also note that it has been brought up that all the Aurcade scores for Difficulty 1 that occurred on 06/23/2012 were actually done on Difficulty 3.

Take some time to look it over so you can see how the different elements are handled. Scott's table automatically generates the Ranking data and the required forum code that will mimic the DK HSL. All you need to do is insert or remove rows as needed then copy & paste Column Z into a forum post.
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2014, 05:19:27 am »
I'm going to leave it as is.  I guess this will probably cost me a sticky for the thread, but whatever I just think my way is more understandable than your way.  We have a difference of opinion I suppose. :)

Edit: I tried looking at it, but it says I need Microsoft Office.  Surprised so many people have that program.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 05:21:08 am by homerwannabee »
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener