Author Topic: All About DK ROM sets and PCBs  (Read 118053 times)

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
Re: All About DK ROM sets and PCBs
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2018, 11:58:27 am »
I know this thread is pretty old, but people were asking about the "hard" rom set and mentioning that they have never seen one in the wild. Are these still elusive?  I have a set of these hard roms.

I think Galloping Ghost's DK has the hard ROMs, but I don't know if they found it that way or swapped them after they got it.
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Ekki

• Awards
Re: All About DK ROM sets and PCBs
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2024, 04:40:32 am »

There are, as far as I've been able to find, only those TWO ROM sets in the US, Japan had three, for five total.

Actually, there is at least one more (european) ROM Set:

Very early version with japanese level order, ladder cheat and also Jump Bug(!), however already with the correct "how high can you get" wording (instead of "try") and without the High Score Counter Bug.

This one came with the first TRS / TKG2 Boards in Europe. I am surprised that this version is not implemented in MAME yet over all these years.

Regards,
Ekki
« Last Edit: March 14, 2024, 04:43:49 am by Ekki »