Author Topic: CAGDC reponse  (Read 6863 times)

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
CAGDC reponse
« on: May 16, 2014, 05:11:01 am »
Didn't know where else to put it.   Kappa

Quote from:  <Pigger>

As far as not liking him ("or something"... what does that part mean ?), that's ridiculous.  As a matter of fact, look at a post I did the same day of Steve's last post:

Quote from: MDARULZ on October 01, 2011, 12:06:01 AM
Quote from: Steve W on September 30, 2011, 11:40:16 PM
Also I had a pretty decent Mario Bros game of 444k and 227k on Snacks 'N Jaxson.

That SnJ score is awesome !  Congrats, Steve...

Ok....let's break here for a minute and check on the original post he refers to:

here is what MDA left out about his question of my score:     http://www.classicarcadegaming.com/forums/index.php/topic,1357.msg52293.html#msg52293

In which he says:

(That SnJ score is awesome !  Congrats, Steve...I wonder if the settings are correct, however.  Your score is above the MARP record - that's why I'm curious...)

Of course I could never score higher than a MARP score...who would think such things?   There's a score in MARP now higher than mine anyway listed at this point, so....

I'm sure to most it seems minor or petty but when you've spent years on his forum, expenses on his tourneys, had some good showings in them that he witnessed and been a good citizen....I figure I'd built up enough equity to not have to see a backhanded compliment from him.       

of course no one sent him a "cease and desist" for something that never happened. 

Ummm, it did but on another site as they are not a member on CAGDC but I guess they lurk.  I'm not privy to all the BOTA details as I was mostly involved from a player perspective and helping with the scoring but trust me I did receive some nasty messages when I posted this thread:

http://www.classicarcadegaming.com/forums/index.php/topic,3560.0.html

I'm still not sure why....but again BOTA's been going on for 3 years now and there haven't been any issues since the first one so obviously everything got ironed out eventually and the Chicago Galloping Ghost contingent came to BOTA3 at GG but not CAGDC anyway so I don't see the issues if the denizens of a city opt out regardless of dates but in any event I'm sure no conflict will ever occur again.

Again, not true regarding "not a fan of me".  Note that Steve doesn't back any of this stuff up (other than a (joking ?) reference to Snackson Jackson, which, ironically, I actually gave him a complement on, as shown in the third quote box above). 

Again, if you can't see the backhanded-ness of the full comment made by Mark, then I'm lost.  If I reported 3 trillion on Omega Race, there would be no critique or question because he doesn't play that game, once you enter his lair of games he likes though........

I would be willing to talk with Steve, and quell this nonsense, even tho I've done nothing wrong in the least.

And this is why it will never happen.....if you can't see your misgivings, I really don't know what to tell you. 

Well, all that aside, I hope lessons are learned, and that the 'status quo' in the hobby will be for everyone to lean toward the conservative side of things, and also to give the benefit of the doubt to others. 

The benefit of the doubt?   

Again:

http://www.classicarcadegaming.com/forums/index.php/topic,1357.msg52293.html#msg52293

Also there is mention by  <Pigger> about how he has treated the RK contingent well.  I've had a player come over to me during the CAGDC tourney and tell me he was kicked off a game by  <Pigger> for the purpose of having a better player be able to work on that game at the end of the tourney because they were going for a top 3 finish or whatever.  This was an in person conversation that the player came over to me to talk about because he felt  the tournament organizer was cultivating these problems.   

The reasons I'm not at CAGDC anymore (at least this will satisfy the list format):

I dedicated a significant amount of time and money to CAGDC and its tourneys, its owner then:

- Insinuated I was incapable of performing at a high level on a title again despite some good showings in his own tourneys

- Was taken into my home and behaved poorly (I won't get into all the details, but suffice it to say the open invitation which I typically extend to all hobbyists to come play games is no longer open), despite all of our efforts to still accomodate him and some rather odd requests.

- Treated the non-WR holder players at RK arcade poorly by their own accounts and my own eyewitness accounts, yes there is indeed favoritism shown,  <Pigger> told me as much at Funspot in 2011 and how the tournaments are slanted to get certain players to attend. I wasn't recording though so, no I don't have a link or anything, but it certainly was said to me.

There are other reasons too but I think this is enough to justify leaving CAGDC.  He didn't hear from me for a number of reasons, for starters, I'm not one of those, "I'm leaving, you'll miss me" people that I see leave forums.  I don't really care, I'll just quit and that's it if something is awry.    <Pigger> is not going to change his ways, so why try to explain the situation?  It will just be a long winded, ambiguous explanation that does not result in him ever admitting any wrongdoing because I feel he actually believes he is in the right even in situations where that simply is not the case.  In any event, I'd rather post here anyway where JC has done a great job of putting a good community together and all my cobbas hang out.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 05:15:10 am by pwnasaurus »
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline VON

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Re: CAGDC reponse
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 06:10:06 am »
You're safe and loved here Steve.   <Pigger> can't hurt you anymore Kappa

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 06:16:36 am »
In any event, I'd rather post here anyway where JC has done a great job of putting a good community together and all my cobbas hang out.

Present for cobba roll call.  Please excuse my disheveled appearance.

We're in complete agreement on the outstanding job Jeff has done to create and maintain this forum, responding to anything and everything in a timely and effective manner (comments, suggestions, complaints, requests for new features, etc.).

On a somewhat unrelated matter . . .

I read that this year's Funspot tournament will take place Thursday 05/29 through Sunday 06/01.  Is that correct?  I plan to attend, but most likely for just one day.  Any recommendations on which date offers the greatest "just hanging out" potential?

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 06:18:54 am »
You're safe and loved here Steve.   <Pigger> can't hurt you anymore Kappa

Thanks Ross mate.  We can play hoops during KO4 hopefully.
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Drunkguy89

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 06:20:05 am »
lit Swagner  Kreygasm

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 06:21:16 am »

I read that this year's Funspot tournament will take place Thursday 05/29 through Sunday 06/01.  Is that correct?  I plan to attend, but most likely for just one day.  Any recommendations on which date offers the greatest "just hanging out" potential?

Probably depends on who you want to hang out with    <Kuh>

The tourney is pretty much head down playing so I would say Sunday or the Mon-Wed prior if I had to choose.  Thur-Sat is a bit crazy.

hchien

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 08:00:31 am »
Re Funspot tournament: I personally like Saturday the best.  Yes, it's in the heat of the competition, but I believe that's when the big group dinner occurs.  By Sunday many people are already leaving.

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2014, 08:12:18 am »
Re Funspot tournament: I personally like Saturday the best.  Yes, it's in the heat of the competition, but I believe that's when the big group dinner occurs.  By Sunday many people are already leaving.

Ah I forgot about Saturday dinner, good call.

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2014, 08:29:45 am »

Can anyone attend the group dinner, or is it restricted to tournament competitors?

If the latter, where is the dinner to be held?  Perhaps I should apply for employment at the restaurant, and use that as my cover to sneak in.   8)

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

hchien

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2014, 08:45:29 am »
Usually it's at Ellacoya:  http://www.yelp.com/biz/ellacoya-barn-and-grille-gilford

Just mention that you know S_Wag and you'll be on the VIP list.

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2014, 09:25:35 am »
Usually it's at Ellacoya:  http://www.yelp.com/biz/ellacoya-barn-and-grille-gilford

Just mention that you know S_Wag and you'll be on the VIP list.

And just like that I've become part of Hank's 500th career DKF post.   Kreygasm

Offline tudose

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2014, 10:41:34 am »
haha classic. watching <Pigger> grasp at what little he has left is quite entertaining. he seemingly only finds time in his busy schedule to post long-winded responses defending his own stupidity instead of taking that time to fix whats wrong with cagdc. its an absolutely dead forum. moderated posting, zero updates, threads that drag on and on with the same bullshit, and oooooh lets not forget potential cagdc tournament rigging with fake participants. i almost cant believe he is a real person lol
Member for 11 Years Former CK World Record Holder - MAME DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Winner of a community event DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2014, 11:00:20 am »
There's a reason why Funspot tournaments get 100 people and he gets approximately 1/5 of that, not the least of which is because Funspot treats every entrant fairly and equally regardless of whether they are playing to win the tournament or just try out some new games and have fun supporting the event.  Everyone who paid their entry should have equal opportunity on the games, FWIW, Funspot has had 4 different winners of the main tournament in the past 4 years.