Author Topic: Opinion Poll: Top 5 easiest arcade games to marathon  (Read 4502 times)

Offline Shane_NC

• Awards
Opinion Poll: Top 5 easiest arcade games to marathon
« on: December 01, 2013, 12:03:48 pm »
Just wanted to see what people think are some of the easiest arcade titles to marathon
HIGH SCORES:
Donkey Kong Arcade: 865,900 22-1 KS
1-1: 11,300
Donkey Kong Junior MAME: 599,300 22-1 KS
Member for 10 Years DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Dk_madness

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Re: Opinion Poll: Top 5 easiest arcade games to marathon
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 12:11:03 pm »
I would have to go with Kicker.
Member for 11 Years DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK Masters - Rank D Winner of a community event DK 1M Point Scorer DKJR Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer Former DK No-Hammer World Record Holder DK Killscreener

Adam_Wilmot

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 02:07:45 pm »
I would have to go with Kicker.

I would also have to go with kicker, took me about 4 days playing about 3 hrs a day to be able to marathon it endlessly. Im sure some people pick up certain games easier than others, but once you figure out the intricacies of Kicker (jump kicking for more points, boss spawning/best player positioning for boss spawn and realising that if you just stay on the bottom floor all the enemies have to jump down to you) its really easy.

I invite anyone to try it out, im sure most of you will be at a marathon level sooner rather than later (I mean like a week max

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 06:55:01 pm »
Q*bert and Track and Field.
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline CaptainJivePants

• Teter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 01:43:09 pm »
Gorf should definitely be on this list IMO.
DK Jr. - 818,900 (KS)
DK Jr. best first life - 714,700 (19-4)
APB - 215,074
Member for 9 Years DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Fly

• Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 06:48:16 pm »
Lets hear some more reasons why these are the easy.  Not just how long it takes to master a game, but things like, how long of a break you can safely take and how often.

Punchout!! Is fairly easy to learn and loop for many millions. The issue with marathoning PO is breaks. The longest break you get is about 30 seconds and that happens 5 minutes into the game. That and you dont get extra men.

Im sure there are lots of games that are easy in tbis sense but to "marathon" them is another story.

Also, what are you considering a marathon? 12 hours? 24 hours? Or something else?

Hec
Member for 10 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer