Author Topic: Double blue barrel group  (Read 7094 times)

Offline LMDAVE

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Double blue barrel group
« on: October 31, 2013, 10:12:06 am »
I remember saying the other day in my stream if it was possible for 2 blue barrel to meet up together? For some reason I just never come across it or noticed it. I was figureing it would be a situation where the first blue barrel took the longest route and the second took the shortest. Well I finally "almost" came across it but I smashed them before they grouped:

http://www.twitch.tv/lmdave/c/3169955

The group has probably been seen by others. I just never noticed it before if it did. You can see they would have grouped up, not sure if it would have been tight enough for a backjump hammer grab had I not had the hammer already. Would love to see that highlight if someone comes across it.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 10:14:35 am by LMDAVE »
Donkey Kong (Arcade): 1,108,100

Donkey Kong 1-1: 12,900

http://twitch.tv/LMDAVE
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
Re: Double blue barrel group
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 10:19:53 am »
Haha, gotta love the position you put yourself in afterwards :D Nice save!
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Xermon54

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 10:32:22 am »
Haha, pretty cool!

The first blue barrel didn't steer any ladder at all, and the 2nd blue barrel steered all the fastest ladders. I think that the 2 blue barrels would've formed a backjump-able combination. It would be awesome to see someone backjump 2 blue barrel while taking the bottom hammer!
1) World Record of the most insults received by a plastic surgeon - 3752

2:World Record of the most Check Man games played - 6 (tied with Hank Chien)
Member for 11 Years Blogger DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline LMDAVE

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 10:59:52 am »
 I know Mitch, LOL I let myself get in a tight situation because I was talking about what just happened...gotta stay focused!

Yeah Vince, I was actually even trying to steer the first blue barrel several times, it was intent on not responding. So if you were going to try and do it you would have to stand still (on level 5+) and hope the first blue follows the longest path, but then control the second blue without controlling the first blue's route.
Donkey Kong (Arcade): 1,108,100

Donkey Kong 1-1: 12,900

http://twitch.tv/LMDAVE
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

hchien

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 12:16:19 pm »
Yeah this actually happened to me last month (2 blue barrels grouped).  Unfortunately I wasn't streaming because it was literally the 1st or 2nd day of me playing again.  Sometimes you can't even get 2 barrels on the screen at once, let alone on the same girder.   It just looked so strange that I noticed it without even looking for it.

corey.chambers

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 09:01:43 pm »
I don't think I would have believed it without seeing it. That like never happens. Good clip, got to say that is pretty cool right there. Two blue barrel smashes in a row!