Author Topic: Let's get Allen to KO3!  (Read 21373 times)

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
Re: Let's get Allen to KO3!
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2013, 07:43:03 pm »
Man I suck at those 3 games! Def for a good cause tho
Anyway Ill drop $10 as well.
Almost there!

Edit: Sent through
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 07:48:42 pm by Barra »
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 Submit a score for every DK3 track DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Simpsons99

« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2013, 08:02:40 pm »
First of  All  What is going on with my Eye is not joking matter ..

There is a chance I could loose Vison in the one eye ..
There's a chance I might never Play a game again ..
I everyone knows I have tried to Raise money for my Kong off Ticket ..   But for the life of me I couldn't get someone to spend 2.00

After the Ko2 I was offered a Free Plane Ticket to the KO3 ..

Then when it comes down to the event the person ..   Person does not do anything on the matter ..
well I just came back from a hour of sucking balls at dig dug http://www.twitch.tv/acrjoey/b/472910817   so theres $10 for allen But I find some posts from brian allen about "seeing how things are here". Did I miss something? Is that a cryptic message about the vision in you eye still being messed up or something far more sinister hinted there brian? Anyway I can honestly say that will be the last time I stream dig dug ever. See you at the kong off allen.

Offline JCHarrist

• Spring Jumper
    • Donkey Kong Forum
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2013, 08:10:59 pm »
The goal has been met! Thanks so much everyone!

Money received:

Jeff Harrist: $200
Scott Cunningham: $100
John McKinnell: $50
Ken House: $160
Dave McCrary: $50
Anonymous: $23
George Strain: $50
Mitch Elliott: $30
Jeff Wolfe: $50
Ethan Daniels: $100
Andrew Barrow: $10
Robert Felstein: $30
Aaron Rounsaville: $15
Estel Goffinet: $10
Dan Desjardins: $50

=$928

Pledged but not received:

Craig Ziegler: $50

=$50

Raised: $978!!
To go: $0
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 02:26:55 pm by JCHarrist »
Member for 11 Years DKF Founder Former CK World Record Holder - Arcade CK Killscreener DK Killscreener

Offline muscleandfitness

• Pie Kicker
  • Elite Member
  • Wall jump WR Holder x3
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2013, 08:15:38 pm »
Thank you all my friends .I am so greatfull and honoured for your generosity and all of your hard word and hard earned money. i will never forget about my friends. maybe more washing machine lids have fo come out. lol but seriously thank you from the bottom of my heart. my kids thank you as well paris and ky love you guys. brian allen how s the eye.
59 wall jumps new world record on mame
55 wall jumps on a cab New World Record
longest convener ride in dk history New World Record
World Record for standing behind oil can until end of lev
A Reverse finish on Rivet  board. 12 ks's HS 992900
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

corey.chambers

« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2013, 08:16:37 pm »
You are right, Brian. The eye is not a joking matter. I hope all works out well for you in that regard.

Now, if you are upset that someone did not come through for you. That is understandable. And I can see how you may even be envious that people are willing to help pay for Allen's plane ticket.

corey.chambers

« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2013, 08:18:02 pm »
Glad to have you coming, Allen! Congrats on having so many people care for you so as to do this for you. I played my best game of Mappy and New Rally X just for you. :D

jammyyy

« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2013, 08:33:06 pm »
hay Allen your going :) i know if someone (thanks Jeff) set somthing up like this a $1000 is not problom there lots people who love you, you have that fighting sprit and blind determnation loves and respects you for, have fun Mate

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2013, 08:38:04 pm »
So how you want to handle this? Paypal to jeff or I can send a money order as well :)

Wait until Friday and I'll pay since i get paid.

BA I believe people could have helped out as well but no one knew that is what you were trying to do or what you were short. People here are pretty generous as a whole. It would be cool to meet and have a brew at the KO3 if you can make it. Tickets really are dirt cheap now!

Dan
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2013, 08:40:15 pm »
Awesome sauce!
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Mary McManus

• Awards
« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2013, 05:49:27 am »
Over $100 in so far so time to change it up a little.

I'll still pay the $10 for each player (that hasnt already gotten their $10 turn) BUT you have to play Dig Dug, Mappy or Gravitar.

It's my money so its my rules ;-)

-Ken

For those of you who cannot donate cash but want to help... I'll donate $10. for every streamer who streams any classic arcade game other than DK for at least 1 hour (MAME/Arcade/Multiboard.. whatever)

I would love to see Mappy or Dig Dug get some love....

-Ken

EDIT: This is not an attempt to get people over DK, I love DK and really enjoy all the streams. Just a way to spice things up a bit while helping Allen and those who want to help but cannot swing it right now.

EDIT 2: The List
Marky_D (Got in both Mappy and DigDug!)
JNugent - Zookeeper, good stuff
MrBumpnJump - Bump-n-Jump
Homerwannabee -  Karnov
Jeremy - Natural Mappy player
Katie - Tried both Dig Dug and Mappy, good show
Ross - Mario Bros, Almost made 1m
George S - Galaga
Stormdata - 1942
Mike K - Buncha stuff

PM me to add to the list.

I'll stream some Dragon's Lair and Space Ace.

Is there a bonus if I tie the WR on Space Ace 5 man factory settings or beat the Dragon's Lair factory 3 man revf2 WR
Not nearly as easy as it may seem.
Member for 10 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer Former DK World Record Holder - Arcade DK Killscreener

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2013, 08:46:59 am »

I'll stream some Dragon's Lair and Space Ace.

Is there a bonus if I tie the WR on Space Ace 5 man factory settings or beat the Dragon's Lair factory 3 man revf2 WR
Not nearly as easy as it may seem.

We made the goal so I wont be adding any more to the pot but I'm sure we would all enjoy watching some Dragons Lair and Space Ace!
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

Simpsons99

« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2013, 11:45:38 am »
I am glad to see Allen got the help from his friends around the world to get him to the Kong Off 3...  I  belive no one loves this event more then Allen.

Offline Dk_madness

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2013, 05:04:54 am »
Money sent...Yer Buddy!!!
Member for 11 Years DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK Masters - Rank D Winner of a community event DK 1M Point Scorer DKJR Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer Former DK No-Hammer World Record Holder DK Killscreener