Author Topic: What is a "Documentary"? What is its legal definition?  (Read 37115 times)

Offline Mary McManus

• Awards
Re: What is a "Documentary"? What is its legal definition?
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2013, 11:14:56 am »
hey Tim, Billy Mitchell gave you a shout out at the first Kong Off...thats got to count for something!  ;)

8)
To be honest it does, but when I learned how much money these people made it just makes me sick.
Member for 10 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK World Record Holder - Arcade

lakeman421

« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2013, 11:23:02 am »
There you go.  You got the quote thing down.  I'm just trying to help you out. One last warning don't get into a trolling match against Ken.  It won't end well.

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2013, 11:24:02 am »
hey Tim, Billy Mitchell gave you a shout out at the first Kong Off...thats got to count for something!  ;)

8)
To be honest it does, but when I learned how much money these people made it just makes me sick.

Some other people I don't think made any money either.  Did Roy Schidlt get anything?  Did Brian Kuh get anything?  Did Mark Alpiger get anything?  By the way, I don't think they got paid for the movie, but were paid on a planned up coming fictionalized version of this documentary.  That never materialized, but they got paid the same way.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

corky

« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2013, 11:28:43 am »

8)

Some other people I don't think made any money either.  Did Roy Schidlt get anything?  Did Brian Kuh get anything?  Did Mark Alpiger get anything?  By the way, I don't think they got paid for the movie, but were paid on a planned up coming fictionalized version of this documentary.  That never materialized, but they got paid the same way.

You did NOT just call KOK a documentary.  Them's fightin' words.

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2013, 11:39:22 am »

I already have. perhaps you can  explain how KOK is a documentary based on facts?

I have news for you "administrative rule" goes far beyond what TG thinks it is.

And your naive idiocy makes me angry as well.

I love your responses............really, as name calling and changing the subject  is the last defense of a weak argument.

Administrative rule of LAW not TG. TG has no influence on the LEGAL meaning of the word DOCUMENTARY. Follow along son...

I was 100% on point with my argument, you ARE a cry baby, you DONT understand your own fucking question about the LEGAL meaning of a word, you ARE polluting this forum with your BULLSHIT and you DONT KNOW HOW TO PROPERLY USE THE QUOTE FEATURE.

As to your point about money, it is answered by my other on point statement..

Quote from: KenRulesyourASS
You have been told MANY times why you were left out of the movie, you just dont believe it. There is nothing compelling or entertaining about you, your score or your part in the history of Donkey Kong.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 11:42:10 am by Scoundrl »
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

lakeman421

« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2013, 11:46:15 am »

I already have. perhaps you can  explain how KOK is a documentary based on facts?

I love your responses............really, as name calling and changing the subject  is the last defense of a weak argument.

Administrative rule of LAW not TG. TG has no influence on the LEGAL meaning of the word DOCUMENTARY. Follow along son...

I was 100% on point with my argument, you ARE a cry baby, you DONT understand your own fucking question about the LEGAL meaning of a word, you ARE polluting this forum with your BULLSHIT and you DONT KNOW HOW TO PROPERLY USE THE QUOTE FEATURE.

You have been told MANY times why you were left out of the movie, you just dont believe it. There is nothing compelling or entertaining about you, your score or your part in the history of Donkey Kong.
Told ya

Offline Mary McManus

• Awards
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2013, 12:30:47 pm »

Seeing as how you obviously haven't graduated junior high school yet, here is the legal definition  of "documentary" you may find useful in your eighth grade mid term this year.

doc-u-men-ta-ry (adj.)

1. Consisting of,concerning,or based on documented facts.
2.  Presenting facts objectively "without" editorializing or inserting fictional matter as in book or film!

The second description as key!

Now, I suggest you use the KOK dvd you have as a beer coaster instead  accurate reference material and do some research on you own.

Now look at the time line of events on the scoring history of DK starting in 1982.

Pay close attention to the years 2000-2003!

I remember one artical I read at the time describing a "rouge upstart"  from n.y."
beat billys 1982 record in 2000.

Now assuming you left the kencade and actually did some research on your own.take the beer of the KoK dvd, wipe off the ring and watch it again.

Now tell me if Kok meets the legal definition provided above.

Nowhere in the definition does it indicate or imply that facts can be omited based on personality  conflicts.

Good luck with your eight grade mid term this year

Member for 10 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK World Record Holder - Arcade

Offline Mary McManus

• Awards
« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2013, 01:01:39 pm »

This is your worthless  opinion not fact.

Where in the legal definition of "documentary" or its "statutes" as you indicate, does it say  omission of historical facts is acceptable based on personal preference?
Told ya
Told me what? if this is the best intellectual argument anyone can put forth against mine I feel sorry for them

corky

« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2013, 01:14:31 pm »
He told you not to get into a flame war with Ken, and I have to agree.

And I'd love an answer to this:
What would it take for you to feel that the wrong done to you has been rectified?  A reshoot of KOK?  $10,000?  Everyone in the CAG community to show up at the doorstep of the creators of KOK with torches and pitchforks demanding justice?

In other words, what do you feel you are owed to make things right?

Offline Mary McManus

• Awards
« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2013, 01:42:17 pm »
He told you not to get into a flame war with Ken, and I have to agree.

And I'd love an answer to this:
What would it take for you to feel that the wrong done to you has been rectified?  A reshoot of KOK?  $10,000?  Everyone in the CAG community to show up at the doorstep of the creators of KOK with torches and pitchforks demanding justice?

In other words, what do you feel you are owed to make things right?
The wikipedia entry on KOK updated as it is misleading and makes me out to be lying about the actual version of events, and what ever payment billy or steve recieved for taking my place would be nice along with an engraved apology from Seth Gordan and Ed Cuntingham.

Otherwise anytime the subject comes up, I will not hesitate to debate and give a history lesson in my defense.........oh .......I forgot............ this type of defense is just considered being "a cry baby"

yea, I almost forgot, here in america standing up for ones self when they are in the right both historically and factually is being a "crybaby"

Those that fought the revolutionary  war and all those civil rights demonstrators  in the 60's  were just "cry babies too  were they not?

This type of linguistic brain washing and programming doesn't work on me.

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2013, 01:47:41 pm »
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

corky

« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2013, 02:09:56 pm »
Those that fought the revolutionary  war and all those civil rights demonstrators  in the 60's  were just "cry babies too  were they not?

This type of linguistic brain washing and programming doesn't work on me.

I don't think you can compare being omitted from a movie with being a revolutionary or a civil rights activist.  To quote one Jules Winnfield, "...ain't the same ballpark, ain't the same league, ain't even the same fucking sport."

Yes, complaining about being left out of a movie makes you appear to be a crybaby.  People who fought in the Revolutionary War and civil rights activists didn't sit around with this "woe is me" attitude and complain to anyone who would listen; they actually did something about it.  Therein lies the astronomical difference.

Of course this may all just be a big conspiracy, among the ranks of 9/11, the moon landing, and the Kennedy assassination.  THE POWERS THAT BE ARE TRYING TO WRITE YOU OUT OF THE HISTORY BOOKS!

Take off your tin foil hat and man up.

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2013, 02:34:55 pm »
The wikipedia entry on KOK updated as it is misleading and makes me out to be lying about the actual version of events...

Um... this you can fix yourself. Hint: This is the wrong website to be posting on in order to fix this!

...and what ever payment billy or steve recieved for taking my place would be nice along with an engraved apology from Seth Gordan and Ed Cuntingham.

Not sure how we can help you here. Seems pointless to burden us with anything more than just presenting your case.

But if you're really expecting this sort of compensation, why not just sue them?
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

corey.chambers

« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2013, 02:42:33 pm »
delete, delete, delete, crap I pushed the button three times and it still didn't delete.... effing delete when I hit effing button!