Author Topic: How to eliminate slight wave (retrace lines) across monitor in DK game?  (Read 3195 times)

kaneda

Hey guys...finally got my Donkey Kong today and love it?  One thing...there's a slight wave that happens over the monitor ever so slightly...it's no big deal, doesn't distract from the game, but you can tell when it happens.  Any way to permanently get rid of these retrace lines, or is it just something that happens to an old game?  Thanks...photos coming!

CK

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Re: How to eliminate slight wave (retrace lines) across monitor in DK game?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 05:38:05 pm »
Usually the 'wave' and the retrace lines are seperate issues. The 'wave' is usually power related. some times its as easy as cleaning fuse holders sometimes requires replaceing the large 'fliter cap' on the monitors PCB.

The retrace lines are usually because the brightness is set to high. There are 3 places to adjust brightness on DK monitors. To remove the retrace lines I suggest doing it on the one on the flyback transformer. It will be one of the two white adjusters on the far right side of the back of the monitor. They will be labled 'focus' and 'screen' Screen is the brightness you want.

Good luck
-Ken
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

kaneda

Re: How to eliminate slight wave (retrace lines) across monitor in DK game?
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 06:09:31 pm »
Thanks.  It's not that bad and doesn't bother me too much, but will try and get if fixed eventually.  Are either of those two things easy to do/try?  I'm not that handy, if you know what I mean.