Author Topic: Kong Off Shirt Ideas  (Read 15920 times)

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
Re: Kong Off Shirt Ideas
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2013, 09:40:32 am »
My favorite band Pavement made an apperance on Space Ghost once.  Space Ghost introduced them as "The Beatles".  Love it.   
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2013, 09:43:44 am »
got em.  I wonder what game that is back there in the left corner?

Book of the Dead possess Pavement live on Space Ghost C2C
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 09:45:40 am by f_symbols »
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2013, 09:44:12 am »
YOLO
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline alumbrada

• Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2013, 10:37:05 am »
Please remember to print these designs on some tighty whiteys for us MAME players.
DK high score: 89,100
Member for 10 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

giv

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2013, 12:09:48 pm »
I could be wrong, but after doing some research, I think the game in the zorak video is called Headkicker.

Offline Mary McManus

• Awards
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2013, 02:18:56 pm »
How about a shitr with cartoon characters depicting Walter, Billy and Steve scooping up all the money while the gaming public grovels to them for making a fake DOC?

Truthfull and realistic.pardon my sarcasim.

Good thing Steve Wiebie wasn't a Nibble player.Tim McVey would be screwed.
Member for 10 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK World Record Holder - Arcade

Offline Mary McManus

• Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2013, 02:32:57 pm »
Please remember to print these designs on some tighty whiteys for us MAME players.

Yea Tighty Whities..........the name given to people who don't have access to a real DK machine when MAME is the same thing anyway.
  Ya know not all of us have connections in the film business to steal someone elses accomplishment and exploit it for profit..then be able to travel to all these events  like some NON tightie whities..............(ahhhhem Steve Eiebie, Billy and walter)
better to be a tightie white than a thief I suppose.
Member for 10 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK World Record Holder - Arcade

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2013, 04:10:23 pm »
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2013, 05:16:56 pm »
How about a shitr with cartoon characters depicting Walter, Billy and Steve scooping up all the money while the gaming public grovels to them for making a fake DOC?

Truthfull and realistic.pardon my sarcasim.

Good thing Steve Wiebie wasn't a Nibble player.Tim McVey would be screwed.

You know Tim, at the moment I am just trying to find almost any job.  Even a minimum wage job.   I go to a place of employment, and realize off the bat that I probably could do a better job than at least 50 percent of these people.   Some of these people are meth heads, ex cons, and people littered with tattoos.  When I start to compare myself to others, and how I am somehow more deserving than them, and yet get rejected, I get angry.  I mean I get real angry.

What is my point in this?  Simple, when you start comparing yourself with others, and start thinking about how you were more deserving of the fame, money, and glory than others all this will do is make you angry.  I mean it's going to make you real angry.  What's done is done.  If you keep on focusing on stuff you couldn't control, and how others who you deem less deserving than you, all it is going to do is make you a bitter man.

My suggestion is to stop comparing yourself with others.  It can lead to no good except for a boat load of bitterness.  Focus more on what you can control, and the more positive aspects of what you have.  I mean people in the know who are your peers.  You know the ones whose opinions matter most will always regard you as the former Donkey Kong Champion of the world.  Anyone who shows a slight interest in fleshing out the history of Donkey Kong will come across your name sooner or later.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

giv

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2013, 08:52:52 am »
I think you guys are being too tough on Tim. I would bet there are very few people here who wouldn't be bitter after going through the experience he has. The whole thing would just make me sick of the whole scene. Good on him for facing it, coming here and working it out, and competing on DK again. Everyone here has a few quirks that we all learn to put up with, if Tim wants to go on a rant about King of kong every once in a while, I see nothing wrong with it.

But the tightie whitey thing I have to disagree with. There is a difference between practicing on mame and playing on a machine. You've gone too far there, Mary! :)

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2013, 09:27:09 am »
better to be a tightie white than a thief I suppose.

Ironically, I've played the game Thief in my tighty whities.  Kappa.

Offline JNugent

• Just a guy who likes to play games.
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2013, 01:40:12 pm »
Tim, as I've said before elsewhere, it's awesome to have you here on DKF!  You are among your gaming peers, and it's great to see you participating in the forums!  Let it out, bro!   >:( 8)

567,200 - Crazy Kong (MAME) - ended on L=21 rivets
555,000 - Donkey Kong (MAME)
Member for 11 Years Twitch Streamer Blogger

lakeman421

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2013, 06:03:11 pm »
More importantly we need to come up with Swear-Off shirt ideas.  I was thinking of having Q-Bert but have him uncensored to say "Fuck" and "Sheeit"

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2013, 07:41:10 pm »
More importantly we need to come up with Swear-Off shirt ideas.  I was thinking of having Q-Bert but have him uncensored to say "Fuck" and "Sheeit"

How having this as the shirt?

@!*?@!-Off!
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

giv

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2013, 10:03:58 pm »
This is a great idea!

qbert should say "Fuck-Off"
And it should say 'the swear-off - live at kong-off 3, 2013' underneath or above or whatever.
:)

I think it will be the best selling shirt of the weekend
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 10:09:13 pm by giv »