Author Topic: Expand the "Recent Posts" Section?  (Read 7131 times)

Offline up2ng

• Awards
Expand the "Recent Posts" Section?
« on: August 31, 2013, 12:29:40 pm »
There seems to be a steady stream of traffic and posts going on in these forums at this point.  I wonder if you might consider expanding the number of posts that show up in the "Recent Posts" section at the bottom of the page?  This is where I always go to catch up on what's been posted instead of going into each individual forum.  But, sometimes there is only an hour or two worth of posts there (it looks like the 12 most recent posts are shown) and if you haven't logged in all day or for a few days you can miss whole threads which fall out of the most recent 12 posts.

Perhaps double the number of posts shown to around 25?  Whadayathink?
Donkey Kong:  1,206,800  Kill Screen
Donkey Kong:  898,600     16-5
D2K:                 380,200     L=9
Donkey Kong Junior:  In Progress
Member for 11 Years DK 1.2M Point Scorer Wildcard Rematch Champion Blogger Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Former DK No-Hammer World Record Holder DK 1.1M Point Scorer Individual Board Record Holder DK 1M Point Scorer Former DK World Record Holder - MAME DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
Re: Expand the "Recent Posts" Section?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 01:20:27 pm »
https://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?action=recent

Dean, you can click the little icon to the left of "recent posts" and it takes you here^

I also like the idea of increasing the number of posts shown at the bottom of the page
Member for 11 Years Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 02:34:24 pm »

My personal preference is the  Show unread posts since last visit.  link near the top of the page.

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline JCHarrist

• Spring Jumper
    • Donkey Kong Forum
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 09:15:47 am »
Ok, I bumped it up 25. 
Member for 11 Years DKF Founder Former CK World Record Holder - Arcade CK Killscreener DK Killscreener

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 09:31:46 am »
Member for 11 Years Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 09:49:58 am »
Sick. Thanks, Jeff!
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline LMDAVE

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2013, 10:47:26 am »
Much Better. I know there are other ways to check recent posts, but I was a quick browser also, I check the bottom of the page and move on, so this is much better. Thanks
Donkey Kong (Arcade): 1,108,100

Donkey Kong 1-1: 12,900

http://twitch.tv/LMDAVE
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer