Author Topic: When did you realize you were on the verge of getting a killscreen?  (Read 13032 times)

Offline ChrisP

• Spring Jumper
  • I'm going to jump next to your leg.
    • Donkey Blog
    • Awards
Re: When did you realize you were on the verge of getting a killscreen?
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2013, 08:37:23 pm »
World record for most kisses to Hank

Geez, you can't leave yourself open like that!

Imagine if Vincent had been lurking...
http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com

4 Quarters :-* - 800K Avg. Per Qtr. :o - No Restarts 8) - No Proof :'(

7/26/2013   Coin 35,946   710,800   18-1
7/28/2013   Coin 35,947   903,700   22-1
8/16/2013   Coin 35,948   694,100   17-6
8/17/2013   Coin 35,949   893,100   22-1

3,201,700: the $1 World Record?
Member for 11 Years DKJR Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener

yoomsss

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2013, 08:46:26 pm »
As competitive as Vincent is, I don't think that's a record he would go after  He is strongly #nohomo.

Offline Xermon54

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2013, 08:04:36 am »
As competitive as Vincent is, I don't think that's a record he would go after  He is strongly #nohomo.

I'd rather lick Billy Mitchell's beard instead of kissing Hank (no homo)

1- Brian Kuh's said he scored about 220K at a DK game at Funspot. Assuming that's his average score (obviously a sample size of 1 is not great), it would take him 9-28 years to reach the kill screen-- which explains why he has never reached the kill screen.

But Brian Kuh reached a kill screen of 849k in 2002 (at home, as he told us at Funspot). That obviously draws controversy, but I do believe him.
1) World Record of the most insults received by a plastic surgeon - 3752

2:World Record of the most Check Man games played - 6 (tied with Hank Chien)
Member for 11 Years Blogger DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

hchien

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2013, 09:17:45 am »
Quote from: Hank Chien
214,286 7-2 86% 30,730 ____ 28 years
230,769 7-4 87% 10,238 ____ 9 years (probability of dying in a car accident over 1 year)

How many years did it take him?  Only joking... actually I've seen him play.  I'm sure his average is higher than 220K.

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2013, 09:30:46 am »
I met him this past year up at Funspot (Brian) and he was a really nice guy and an excellent Super Sprint player as well.  He was giving some guy named Elf a run for his money  ;D
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Online homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2013, 09:59:05 am »
I met him this past year up at Funspot (Brian) and he was a really nice guy and an excellent Super Sprint player as well.  He was giving some guy named Elf a run for his money  ;D

First time I have ever heard anyone call Brian Kuh a really nice guy.   Most of the time people call him standoffish including your friend Richie Knucklez.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2013, 10:09:25 am »

First time I have ever heard anyone call Brian Kuh a really nice guy.   Most of the time people call him standoffish including your friend Richie Knucklez.

Maybe I just have that effect on people.  Love it?
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Online homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2013, 10:17:29 am »

No, you probably just have that effect on Dbags. ;)

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2013, 10:31:05 am »

Then what effect do I have on the converse?   :o

Have you met Brian Kuh before?  I traditionally find it difficult to judge character based on others (likely small sample sized)  interactions with them, but then again I play life at a poser pace. 

Online homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2013, 10:35:10 am »

Then what effect do I have on the converse?   :o

Have you met Brian Kuh before?  I traditionally find it difficult to judge character based on others (likely small sample sized)  interactions with them, but then again I play life at a poser pace.

Remember Winky emoticon means: It's a joke

As far as standoffish goes, yeah the small sample size besides you says that.  Not saying he is or not, just saying you are the first to really say that Brian Kuh is this really nice guy that I know of.  Again calling him a Dbag was just a joke based on the standoffish nature people attribute to him.

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

hchien

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2013, 10:40:25 am »
Actually I've met Brian a couple of times.  Every time I met him he was very cordial to me.  I think it depends.  Of course, partly because he wanted to see me play (to see if I was the real deal) but I didn't mind if he broke into my apartment.  My cabinet is full of gummy ... bears.

Online homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2013, 10:48:37 am »
Actually I've met Brian a couple of times.  Every time I met him he was very cordial to me.  I think it depends.  Of course, partly because he wanted to see me play (to see if I was the real deal) but I didn't mind if he broke into my apartment.  My cabinet is full of gummy ... bears.

Well you're a different story.  You have that effect on EVERYONE!  Well that is except Vincent Lemay.  ;) ;)

Two winkies just to be extra sure people know it's a joke. ;) ;)

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2013, 10:55:10 am »
We should take a Kuh poll.  So far me and Hank have run it up 2-0 in favor of the Kuh.  I'm sure Allen would make it 3-0 even though he's never met him before, Kappa.

Offline Xermon54

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2013, 04:28:09 pm »
Brian Kuh is a cool guy. He's very passionate about Donkey Kong (me, Robbie and craig spoke to him for at least a hour about a bunch of DK stuff, he enjoyed it).
1) World Record of the most insults received by a plastic surgeon - 3752

2:World Record of the most Check Man games played - 6 (tied with Hank Chien)
Member for 11 Years Blogger DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

lakeman421

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2013, 05:08:13 pm »
First time I met him was last year through Alpiger and I got a great first impression as far as his character.  I didnt talk to him much, but I saw him again with Vincent and Craig.  We talked DK for a really long time about DK and he really cares about the game and was interested in the current culture behind the game.  He even signed some things for Allen and invited us out to dinner afterwards.  When he had told us he kill screened the game in 2002 I actually believed him since he said it with confidence.  But at the same time he was afraid to say his highest amount of fireballs jumped in one jump (he thought 3) but said he needed to check his notes before he gave us an answer.  I go to Funspot a decent amount but only see him during the tournament, but it would be nice to see him there more often.  My buddy for a couple days after the tourney played some games with him and he was willing to give advice.  From what I heard he is very knowledgeable about many of those games and is nice enough to help people out.