Author Topic: Does the barrel boards seem to get weird on you during a longer game of DK?  (Read 5493 times)

Offline mikegmi2

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Sometimes 13 blacks come up in a row on a roulette wheel.  People point and comment, oooh look at that...weird man.  Then they put all their money on red, and it's black again.
Donkey Kong - 1,076,000 (arcade, KS)
Member for 11 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline LMDAVE

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
I used to think level 10 was always the level that the barrels would be less controllable, and that was sort of a gift, because to DK programmers, the controllable barrels where actually meant to make the game harder, and maybe there was a "relief" level where things eased off a bit.

But, that could just be randomness.

To me, the conveyors are the ones that get weird to me mid and later in the game. Always have to be fearful of that "fireball in the belly" when getting the bottom hammer. That's the one situation that gets me once every now and then that I've yet to find avoidance from. (Back jumping the hammer away from the fireball is the best move, but if there;s a pie behind you you're screwed).

Donkey Kong (Arcade): 1,108,100

Donkey Kong 1-1: 12,900

http://twitch.tv/LMDAVE
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer