Author Topic: KO3 official announcement  (Read 28620 times)

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
Re: KO3 official announcement
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2013, 06:09:34 am »
I'm pleased I only play this title for fun.

Except you're trying to get 1 million points, which would mean you have to jump through a whole bunch of hoops to do that.  Well, who knows, maybe you are one of those S & M guys. ;D (P.S. please don't answer that. :P)

But I don't plan on submitting any DK scores anywhere, nor have I ever played it for competition except when forced for BOTA 1.

Speaking of which, I haven't played a game in quite awhile...
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

giv

« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2013, 06:20:59 am »
See why can't you guys be more like Robbie Lakeman? Sure he starts trouble wherever he goes, but so what? He has such a good attitude about everything, that it doesn't matter.

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2013, 06:29:47 am »

Except you're trying to get 1 million points, which would mean you have to jump through a whole bunch of hoops to do that.  Well, who knows, maybe you are one of those S & M guys. ;D (P.S. please don't answer that. :P)

But I don't plan on submitting any DK scores anywhere, nor have I ever played it for competition except when forced for BOTA 1.

Well, this would be all well and good if you hadn't played Donkey Kong Junior, and Galaxian to the point of becoming very good at both.  Both games you admit to hate playing.  So the fact is you have played games more than just for fun.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2013, 06:32:39 am »

Well, this would be all well and good if you hadn't played Donkey Kong Junior, and Galaxian to the point of becoming very good at both.  Both games you admit to hate playing.  So the fact is you have played games more than just for fun.

Neither of which are Donkey Kong.
Both of the ones you mention I had to start playing out of tournament requirement.
However, I like Galaxian now, it grew on me, it is infinitely less boring than Galaga.  I play it for fun now.  DK Jr.....I only play that when I have to now.  Tastes change over time....
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 06:36:22 am by pwnasaurus »
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2013, 06:39:42 am »
OK, back on topic to complaining about a tournament paying out 3,000 more dollars than the entry fee assuming your score is high enough to qualify.....

lakeman421

« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2013, 06:41:10 am »
See why can't you guys be more like Robbie Lakeman? Sure he starts trouble wherever he goes, but so what? He has such a good attitude about everything, that it doesn't matter.

Now George let's not get carried away here, I don't want to get a good reputation out of this.  I also demand sponsorships, commercials, free first class airfare, a luxury suite with both a maid and a butler, and everything else comped for the entire weekend and I will be a happy camper.  Oh, and I want my own action figure cause that would be badass.

giv

« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2013, 06:45:42 am »
George's post got me to go back and read the posts that bothered me, and I think I figured out what it is that bugged me about them. Dean was very clear and direct. Dan and Chris, not so much. There is an implication behind those two posts that is left unsaid. It's inviting the reader to draw conclusions. 'When you say I hope this is a mistake... but hey it's cool.' you obviously mean it isn't cool. I don't think there should be any surprise at my reaction to wording like that. Dean says something is wrong and doesn't pussy foot around about it. And Dean is asking for clarification about wording that is vague. If you go back and read Chris's post, he's asking for confirmation that what he read is actually what he read. It was passive aggressively questioning the decision to give everyone an extra day of fun. Two entirely different things.

Even his 'apology' to me was the exact opposite of an apology. You don't see this?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 06:47:23 am by giv »

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2013, 06:49:23 am »

Both of the ones you mention I had to start playing out of tournament requirement.
However, I like Galaxian now, it grew on me.  I play it for fun now.  DK Jr.....I only play that when I have to now.  Tastes change over time....

Yes, exactly (Neither of which are Donkey Kong).   You played games that did not have the status of Donkey Kong that you did not enjoy playing, but you played them anyways until you got very good.  So wouldn't it than be reasonable to say if one is playing less popular games "Not for fun", that one would be playing more popular games for ulterior motives than just for fun?   And than you talk about not submitting a Donkey Kong score.  Heck you submitted your Donkey Kong Junior score, and you hate that game.

You can't have it both ways Steve.  You can't say I don't know why I play games I don't like, and then say I only play Donkey Kong for fun.  Those two statements go directly against each other.  You can't be a snob, and say "I am good at this so, and so game but I don't like playing it."  And than be a snob in the other direction, and say "I am good at this so, and so game but I only play for fun."

If you didn't come with an implied attitude that somehow it's nobler to only play games for fun, than yeah I would have let you slid on the statement.  But since you come off as hypocritical I am going to call you on it.  And to be honest I am probably just as wrong for calling you on it.  No one likes to be called to the carpet, and it's a good way to get people not to like you.  I just can't help it at times.  Some people are grammar dictators, and I just so happen to be a logical fallacy dictator.  I need to stop doing that.

So OK, if you want to respond, than so be it.  And this will be my last post on why I think your two statements seem paradoxical.  I made my point, and going beyond this would be beating a dead horse.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 06:55:16 am by homerwannabee »

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2013, 06:49:42 am »
Dean says something is wrong and doesn't pussy foot around about it.

See: Zoo Keeper thread.  I might want his last post in that thread on my tombstone.

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2013, 06:53:28 am »

However, I like Galaxian now, it grew on me.  I play it for fun now.  DK Jr.....I only play that when I have to now.  Tastes change over time....

Yes, exactly (Neither of which are Donkey Kong).   You played games that did not have the status of Donkey Kong that you did not enjoy playing, but you played them anyways until you got very good.  So wouldn't it than be reasonable to say if one is playing less popular games "Not for fun", that one would be playing a more popular games for ulterior motives than just for fun?   And than you talk about not submitting a Donkey Kong score.  Heck you submitted your Donkey Kong Junior score, and you hate that game.

You can't have it both ways Steve.  You can't say I don't know why I play games I don't like, and than say I only play Donkey Kong for fun.  Those two statements go against go directly against each other.  You can't be a snob, and say "I am good at this so, and so game but I don't like playing it."  And than be a snob in the other direction, and say "I am good at this so, and so game but I only play for fun."

If you didn't come with an implied attitude that somehow it's nobler to only play games for fun, than yeah I would have let you slid on the statement.  But since you come off as hypocritical I am going to call you on it.  And to be honest I am probably just as wrong for calling you on it.  No one likes to be called to the carpet, and it's a good way to get people not to like you.  I just can't help it at times.  Some people are grammar dictators, and I just so happen a logical fallacy dictator.  I need to stop doing that.

So OK, if you want to respond, than so be it.  And this will be my last post on why I think your two statements seem paradoxical.  I made my point, and going beyond this would be beating a dead horse.

I played them because tournaments dictated I play them, most of them didn't take long to be tournament ready on.  I certainly did not want to play Popeye last month....I don't understand how this is akin to me playing DK for fun and not for KO3 positioning.

giv

« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2013, 07:00:48 am »
For you, Robbie, I'll see what I can do. The rest of you guys can go climb a tree, jump in a lake, and go to hell and suck an egg.

Damn, I really need to start practicing for the swear-off.

Hey I just realized, there could be a swear-off jr for kids.

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2013, 07:01:13 am »

I played them because tournaments dictated I play them, most of them didn't take long to be tournament ready on.  I certainly did not want to play Popeye last month....I don't understand how this is akin to me playing DK for fun and not for KO3 positioning.

Ugh, I am going against my word, but you are leaving out one very important thing!  You submitted your DONKEY KONG JUNIOR SCORE TO TWIN GALAXIES!  YOU SUBMITTED A DONKEY KONG JUNIOR SCORE TO RETROARCADEGAMING.  Did you misremember that?

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2013, 07:04:10 am »

Ugh, I am going against my word, but you are leaving out one very important thing!  You submitted your DONKEY KONG JUNIOR SCORE TO TWIN GALAXIES!  YOU SUBMITTED A DONKEY KONG JUNIOR SCORE TO RETROARCADEGAMING.  Did you misremember that?

I played live at Richie's on New Years Eve during his arcade closing as he asked me to, he then submitted on my behalf.  I'm still not sure what this has to do with my not being involved in KO3 positioning.

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2013, 07:08:16 am »

I played live at Richie's on New Years Eve during his arcade closing as he asked me to, he then submitted on my behalf.  I'm still not sure what this has to do with my not being involved in KO3 positioning.

This has NOTHING to do with KO3 positioning.  This has EVERYTHING to do with your statement "I only play Donkey Kong for fun".

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

giv

« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2013, 07:14:15 am »
There is no problem that DKjr Math can't solve.