Author Topic: KO3 official announcement  (Read 28641 times)

Online xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
Re: KO3 official announcement
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2013, 07:31:23 pm »
The Knicker Twist Quotient in this thread is very high.
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline LMDAVE

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2013, 07:42:20 pm »
OK, I'm a little confused. I didn't catch any bitching in Chris' confusion of the set up. I think that's all it was was a little confusion about how everything is going to happen. As a player in KO1/KO2 and hopefully KO3, I like what I see so far in the set up for KO3 from what I read on TG and it all seems fair for Top12 and wildcard to me. Just think some are just reading it wrong.

But Ken/George, you are two of my favorite guys in the the classic arcade arena, no need to turn into PSP bully mode on some questions being asked. Sometimes simple clarification is all that is needed.

Donkey Kong (Arcade): 1,108,100

Donkey Kong 1-1: 12,900

http://twitch.tv/LMDAVE
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline up2ng

• Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2013, 08:13:02 pm »
Timeframes for Friday competition really do need to be clarified.

The sections for Saturday and Sunday consistantly use the phrase "Last Quarter . . ." whereas the descriptions for Friday play say things like "there will be a mandatory stop in play . . ." and "scores . . . will be accepted until . . ."

It would be MUCH better if "Last Quarter" was specified (and enforced) throughout the whole competition so that people are not 3/4 of the way to the kill screen when all machines have the plugs pulled or something silly like that.

For example, if play must be halted at 5pm on Friday, should players begin making the decision to not start a new game at around 2pm and just go get some lunch instead? 

I think the players just want the timeframes to be well defined ahead of time, regardless of what they may be.
Donkey Kong:  1,206,800  Kill Screen
Donkey Kong:  898,600     16-5
D2K:                 380,200     L=9
Donkey Kong Junior:  In Progress
Member for 11 Years DK 1.2M Point Scorer Winner of a community event Wildcard Rematch Champion Blogger Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Former DK No-Hammer World Record Holder DK 1.1M Point Scorer Individual Board Record Holder DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK World Record Holder - MAME Twitch Streamer

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2013, 08:20:37 pm »
You all know that Richie and Jordan do not post here so why is anyone asking questions here. It was clear whining about it. If you have real issue or need real clarification, pm me and I will get it sorted out with the only people who can clarify it.

I am so sick of all this crying about the rules and the changes and the this and that not being clear or fair or whatever. We are all lucky to have these guys willing to invest 10s of thousands of dollars for us gamers.

Again. Real issues to my pm box. All else is pointless complaining as no ear that matters will hear it.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline VON

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2013, 09:00:33 pm »
Stop bitching, and stop bitching about bitching, you bitches. 

Touch penises and walk away.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2013, 09:07:31 pm »
You all know that Richie and Jordan do not post here so why is anyone asking questions here. It was clear whining about it. If you have real issue or need real clarification, pm me and I will get it sorted out with the only people who can clarify it.

I am so sick of all this crying about the rules and the changes and the this and that not being clear or fair or whatever. We are all lucky to have these guys willing to invest 10s of thousands of dollars for us gamers.

Again. Real issues to my pm box. All else is pointless complaining as no ear that matters will hear it.

Ken, you're a TG ref. You've heard the issues/concerns/confusions. The natural (and kind) thing would be for you to be an intermediary for those that either 1) don't know Richie and Jourdan at all, or 2) do know Richie and Jourdan, but don't have as close of a relationship with him as you do. I know you've said that people can PM you, but realize that people may just be posting so that other people (who aren't you, and who aren't TG refs) may be able to clarify things for them if their confusion really does just end with their own reading of things -a sounding board of sorts. Additionally, in the past, you have offered to get clarification from TG for people without requiring them to PM you about it, so the change in status quo might be unexpected. Also, maybe people post so that people like George or others (who aren't TG refs but also would be able to help get more needed info) might be able to help out due to their close relationships to the KO planners (assuming they find the concerns to be valid, of course).

Sure, I could call Richie (since I have his number), but I don't know him like you do, nor do I have the platform with him that you do. I don't want to come across as wasting his time or seem intrusive. It's a lot easier for a close friend to ask an honest question than it is for a relative stranger.

Lastly, I don't think anyone on DKF is gonna go to the KO3 and not thank Richie/Jourdan/1up for all their hard work putting it on. I barely knew Richie and Jourdan at all last year, and I was thanking them at KO2 a ton. In the end, the fact that people have concerns is not bad -in fact, it is probably in TG's best interest if they are actually clear on the KO3's schedule, as it probably factors into the popularity of the event. If they don't have all the issues ironed out yet, fair enough, people shouldn't pester. But if they are seriously trying to relay a specific schedule and there seems to be confusion, that seems like a legitimate situation to ask for clarification.
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline ChrisP

• Spring Jumper
  • I'm going to jump next to your leg.
    • Donkey Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2013, 09:09:46 pm »
Touch penises and walk away.

We'll get there, but we have to measure them first.
http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com

4 Quarters :-* - 800K Avg. Per Qtr. :o - No Restarts 8) - No Proof :'(

7/26/2013   Coin 35,946   710,800   18-1
7/28/2013   Coin 35,947   903,700   22-1
8/16/2013   Coin 35,948   694,100   17-6
8/17/2013   Coin 35,949   893,100   22-1

3,201,700: the $1 World Record?
Member for 11 Years DKJR Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2013, 09:16:34 pm »
Jeff's working on a penis touching meme as we speak...

And Mitch, all good points assuming it wasn't just the bitching to bitch that has been going on lately, starting with the last WCR. Its like Rudy and Brian have poisoned the water and we gotta chlorinate this pool STAT.

Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

lakeman421

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2013, 09:44:52 pm »
Just give me a dedicated cab and beer and I will be a happy camper  :)

giv

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2013, 12:14:23 am »

Why is it that when Dean posts I don't feel that he's complaining? He's asking for clarification of specific wording. Chris p and Dan, it comes off as complaining. You guys think I'm misunderstanding, but I'm not buying it. That was bs and Ken called you on it, and I have to back him up. I don't know why you guys are defending it.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 12:16:50 am by giv »

Offline ChrisP

• Spring Jumper
  • I'm going to jump next to your leg.
    • Donkey Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2013, 01:28:58 am »
Here George, how about this: I was a bitch, and I apologize profusely.

Happy?

Are we done here now?

Because everybody else was.

Or do you have more totally unprovoked shit that you'd like to try and stir up?
http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com

4 Quarters :-* - 800K Avg. Per Qtr. :o - No Restarts 8) - No Proof :'(

7/26/2013   Coin 35,946   710,800   18-1
7/28/2013   Coin 35,947   903,700   22-1
8/16/2013   Coin 35,948   694,100   17-6
8/17/2013   Coin 35,949   893,100   22-1

3,201,700: the $1 World Record?
Member for 11 Years DKJR Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2013, 03:55:27 am »

Why is it that when Dean posts I don't feel that he's complaining? He's asking for clarification of specific wording. Chris p and Dan, it comes off as complaining. You guys think I'm misunderstanding, but I'm not buying it. That was bs and Ken called you on it, and I have to back him up. I don't know why you guys are defending it.

No make no doubt about it Dean is complaining, and probably more than Chris was.  It could be because you're being biased.  I have no clue.  Heck, I'll even show you where he complains.

Dean said "It would be MUCH better if "Last Quarter" was specified (and enforced) throughout the whole competition so that people are not 3/4 of the way to the kill screen when all machines have the plugs pulled or something silly like that.

For example, if play must be halted at 5pm on Friday, should players begin making the decision to not start a new game at around 2pm and just go get some lunch instead?

I think the players just want the timeframes to be well defined ahead of time, regardless of what they may be."

Do you see that?  That means.  Hey I'm not happy with the current set of rules, and I think it should be this way, because it would be BETTER.

P.S. whatever, if someone complains they complain, if they don't they don't.  All I know is that complaining about complaining just leads to more complaining! LOL   
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 04:05:39 am by homerwannabee »
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline mikegmi2

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2013, 04:06:49 am »
I think we can all agree that this is all Hank's fault...he started it.  :D
Donkey Kong - 1,076,000 (arcade, KS)
Member for 11 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2013, 04:56:00 am »
I'm pleased I only play this title for fun.
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2013, 06:01:51 am »
I'm pleased I only play this title for fun.

Except you're trying to get 1 million points, which would mean you have to jump through a whole bunch of hoops to do that.  Well, who knows, maybe you are one of those S & M guys. ;D (P.S. please don't answer that. :P)
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener