Author Topic: Top 5 Funniest People in Classic Arcade Gaming  (Read 7947 times)

Offline syscrusher

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Top 5 Funniest People in Classic Arcade Gaming
« on: July 14, 2013, 03:22:37 pm »
Was just thinking about funny people in our hobby so I decided to make this list.  There are many others that could follow here, but these stick out the most for me...

1.  Scott Doyle - Most won't know who this is, but if you're ever at Funspot during the tournament, seek this man out and have a beer with him.
2.  Ross Benziger
3.  Allen Staal - <3
4.  Richie Knucklez
5.  Bill Holmes - Crap tourney organizer
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank C Winner of a community event Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DKJR Killscreener CK Killscreener Former D2K World Record Holder Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener

giv

Re: Top 5 Funniest People in Classic Arcade Gaming
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 04:24:56 pm »
At first I was going to say Allen doesn't belong on that list since his humor is mostly unintentional while the others are doing it on purpose. But then I thought about it and Allen is so goddamn funny that it really doesn't matter. His funny transcends any categories.

lakeman421

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 04:27:08 pm »
I don't know if I met Scott before, but Ross and Allen are up there for sure.  Unfortunately I didnt make the cut, I will have to step up my game.

Offline syscrusher

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 04:39:01 pm »
My thoughts exactly, George.  Outside of his antics, Rudy can be extremely funny as well, unintentionally.  Don't worry...you guys are funny too. :)

George and Steve are probably wondering where Keith Apicary is.
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank C Winner of a community event Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DKJR Killscreener CK Killscreener Former D2K World Record Holder Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener

giv

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 04:50:22 pm »
Yeah me too, Robbie. My problem is I'm funnier on the internet than in person. But the Swear-Off is going to change all that. The entire classic arcade world will respect our funny skills after that.

Yeah Ben, I think the unintentionally funny list is way longer then the funny on purpose list. And you're right, I thought Apicary would be at the top of your list for sure!  ;D

giv

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 05:14:55 pm »
When the arcade culture show returns next month, it's going to be funnier than ever, if you can believe it. I'm going to write jokes on the spot and pass them to Richie, like Jackie the Jokeman did for Howard Stern. And Ed the Killscreen will have a soundboard like Fred the King of Mars, with samples of Roy Shildt, Mel Gibson, etc. And there's going to be a segment, "fucking with Freeko" where Freeko calls people and winds them up. He's already done it to Rudy recently for practice, and had Rudy flipping out.. It's going to be out of control, piss yourself you're laughing so hard funny.

lakeman421

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2013, 05:22:11 pm »
The Swear-Off will be the most anticipated and exciting "Off" ever created by man.  It involves two guys playing games they hate like Popeye and coming up with the funniest and most created swears possible with a panel of judges holding up cards 1-10.  Nothing else will ever come close to that!

Offline ChrisP

• Spring Jumper
  • I'm going to jump next to your leg.
    • Donkey Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2013, 05:23:42 pm »
I would disagree that Allen's funny is unintentional, mostly or even significantly. Most of the time he's just funny period.

And while I don't think he belongs on this list per se, Brian Allen *elicits* a whole shit-ton of funny (which is why I don't understand the "get lost" stance that some people take).

Whether it's George's Photoshops, "SING IT STEPHANIE!!!", or the Allen/Brian dynamic, who can deny that such a rich source of comedy is a plus for the community? A price is most definitely paid for it, but it's good times. Brian himself seems to have fun with it too, which was evident Friday on Allen's stream.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 05:48:09 pm by ChrisP »
http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com

4 Quarters :-* - 800K Avg. Per Qtr. :o - No Restarts 8) - No Proof :'(

7/26/2013   Coin 35,946   710,800   18-1
7/28/2013   Coin 35,947   903,700   22-1
8/16/2013   Coin 35,948   694,100   17-6
8/17/2013   Coin 35,949   893,100   22-1

3,201,700: the $1 World Record?
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener

giv

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2013, 06:04:53 pm »
So I was making my list of unintentionally funny classic arcade gamers, and realized it isn't as long as I thought. After Lexmark, Staal, Spaghetti, Carter, Shildt, and the comedy team of Allen and Riley, I ran out of people. Oh and the Creationists. And Triforce can be kind of prolific. ;D Anyone I'm forgetting?

Alpiger and Jimmy in his Super Supreme persona are difficult to categorize. Is it intentionally or unintentionally funny. I'm not really sure.

lakeman421

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2013, 06:28:46 pm »
LMFAO- Cross Country Wiggle

Would this increase my chances of making the list?

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2013, 04:44:05 am »

George and Steve are probably wondering where Keith Apicary is.

I'm just happy this subforum is getting some use.  For awhile it was like the treadmill in the corner everyone was hanging their laundry on....

FWIW I would rank Bill Holmes #1 and Scotty Doyle #2 just because I think the resulting hilarity would bump Scotty up to #1 anyway.
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

corky

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2013, 01:36:22 pm »
I will happily challenge anyone to a Swear-Off.  Bring it, motherfuckers.

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2013, 01:46:02 pm »
I think a good argument could be made that Mike Kasper is one of the top 5 funniest people in classic gaming.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

SQUIIDUX

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2013, 04:20:55 pm »
i dont see my name on this.........