Author Topic: DK in the news/on the net.  (Read 187754 times)

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: DK in the news/on the net.
« Reply #255 on: December 21, 2015, 09:23:04 am »
There are 22 levels and six screens per level, which means the play must beat 132 screens with only three lives.

A total of 4 mistakes in 1 sentence.  Possibly another world record.   FailFish

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline tilt

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Repair man of DKF
    • Awards
« Reply #256 on: December 21, 2015, 09:39:07 am »
There are 22 levels and six screens per level, which means the play must beat 132 screens with only three lives.
A total of 4 mistakes in 1 sentence.  Possibly another world record.   FailFish
I was not given the opportunity to proof read anything unfortunately.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 09:48:23 am by tilt »
My stream is currently (http://www.twitch.tv/expandedidea/)
PB(s):
Donkey Kong: 1,116,400 (KS)
Donkey kong Hard roms(prev. world record): 914,200
Crazy Kong: 513,700 (KS)
Member for 9 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer snek IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #258 on: January 05, 2016, 11:02:22 am »
Wesley Copeland  ;D
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 Submit a score for every DK3 track DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline ChrisP

• Spring Jumper
  • I'm going to jump next to your leg.
    • Donkey Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #259 on: January 05, 2016, 09:56:54 pm »
Just like with Robbie, it looks like the ol' lunchroom newsletter crew at DKF is doing this all by themselves again. :)

How is it possible that this kind of news could be getting out there without the assistance of the professional story pushers that we're all told that we need so badly???
http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com

4 Quarters :-* - 800K Avg. Per Qtr. :o - No Restarts 8) - No Proof :'(

7/26/2013   Coin 35,946   710,800   18-1
7/28/2013   Coin 35,947   903,700   22-1
8/16/2013   Coin 35,948   694,100   17-6
8/17/2013   Coin 35,949   893,100   22-1

3,201,700: the $1 World Record?
Member for 11 Years DKJR Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #260 on: January 06, 2016, 05:51:56 am »
http://www.unlockpwd.com/wes-copeland-reconquest-rank-of-king-kong-with-impressive-record-in-donkey-kong-arcade/

Wes Copeland reconquest rank of “King Kong” with impressive record in Donkey Kong arcade
Gaming

"Once you have felt the taste of being the “King Kong” by only a few hours in September last year, the dedicated US player Wes Copeland (right in photo) regained last night the world record station points in arcade Donkey Kong . The decisive match was transmitted via Twitch , and at the end of it Copeland reached an expressive number of 1,190,000 points , breaking with a good advantage the record of his rival Robbie Lakeman (the left in the photo), which was 1,172,100 points .

Upon learning that his score had been hit again, Lakeman quickly called your camera, your arcade Donkey Kong , and broadcast live his attempt to set a new record, but eventually failed in his mission . In a message published to your viewers and admirers, Lakeman proved you do not want to play Donkey Kong for a while, because I turned 29 and want to put your life order, and finished congratulating Copeland for his done by adding the following phrase. “The torch has been passed”
Who also congratulated Copeland for its achievement was the legendary Billy Mitchell, the first “King Kong.” In his message, Mitchell stressed the remarkable and exemplary dedication and effort of both Lakeman as Copeland, saying they should be proud of their accomplishments, and they certainly will be useful for both in all aspects of their lives. Talking about his record, Copeland said the strong psychological impact involved in the task, and did not forget to highlight the former record holders of Donkey Kong , especially Robbie Lakeman; read the complete message below.

Donkey Kong messes with your mind. It’s the only game I’ve ever played that can do this. Every player, 1.2m, 1.1m of, 1m, 900 thousand, who arrives on screen of death for the first time, and even the player who completes his first elevator 3rd floor, deserve much applause and respect for your hard work and dedication. It is one of the few games I’ve played it really is as a psychological warfare, and requires a unique combination of dedication, imagination and strong spirit to survive, improve and progress.

Robbie, as well as [the former record holders] Dean, Hank, Steve, Billy, Ben and Jos Tim would not have gotten where he arrived without a tremendous sample of endurance, perseverance, and personality. Robbie indicated that want to get away from the game for a while, but I know in my heart that whatever he seeks in his life, he will apply the same dedication that applied in this dispute for the world record. I know he will be successful.

Of course, as we are talking about Donkey Kong , the arcade with the most active competitive landscape, intense and unpredictable of all, the title of “King Kong” can change hands in the blink of an eye, or rather, in a jump barrels. However, we hope that Wes Copeland can enjoy your “crown” for a much longer time than a few hours this time.
"
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline alumbrada

• Awards
« Reply #261 on: January 10, 2016, 06:20:53 am »
That reads like it was "written" by one of those article bots that uses a thesaurus to rewrite content.

Or written by <Allen>
wda lit "King Kong" lo
DK high score: 89,100
Member for 10 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #262 on: February 08, 2016, 11:10:27 pm »
Tony Temple blog post: Donkey Kong Arcade Machine – Raising The Dead (part 1)

http://www.retrovideogamer.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=193:dkpart1&catid=102&Itemid=317
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #263 on: April 14, 2016, 11:25:15 am »
ZapCon 2016: A Field Guide to This Weekend's Event in Mesa

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/arts/zapcon-2016-a-field-guide-to-this-weekends-event-in-mesa-8208199

"...or watch two-time Donkey Kong world-record high scorer Robbie Lakeman demonstrate the game’s famous “kill screen” glitch or rack up a million points in a single sitting.

Lakeman, a Valley resident who’s also notched scoring records on games like Stratovox and Super Pac-Man, will be a special guest of this year’s ZapCon.

“Robbie’s a super-nice guy and he expressed an interest in doing something with us, since he’s local,” Cleveland says. “Of course, we jumped at the chance to include him. I mean how many people can say they’ve seen a Donkey Kong kill-screen? I think it’d be interesting to people who follow competitive gaming and fans of The King of Kong.”
"

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #264 on: April 14, 2016, 11:59:23 am »
Speaking of Donkey Kong news I think Robbie Lakeman's new Donkey Kong Arcade record my very well be the most under reported Donkey Kong record ever after three days! Go type in Robbie's score and Donkey Kong, and the results you get are this.

1. A link to the Donkey Kong High Scores on this forum.
2. A link to my thread on this forum about the feat.
3. A twitter post by a regular user on the topic.

Everything else really isn't even related.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
« Reply #265 on: April 14, 2016, 12:27:34 pm »
Ok George, just to be clear, you're either saying this score is getting less attention than this one (you already did this once) https://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=558.msg10299#msg10299 , or you're saying you don't count Deans score on this "list"; so which is it?

<stirpot> <popcorn>
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline tilt

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Repair man of DKF
    • Awards
« Reply #266 on: April 14, 2016, 12:55:26 pm »
Ok George, just to be clear, you're either saying this score is getting less attention than this one (you already did this once) https://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=558.msg10299#msg10299 , or you're saying you don't count Deans score on this "list"; so which is it?

<stirpot> <popcorn>
Lol, another classic example of a thread being derailed by  <Tim> to talk about KoK
My stream is currently (http://www.twitch.tv/expandedidea/)
PB(s):
Donkey Kong: 1,116,400 (KS)
Donkey kong Hard roms(prev. world record): 914,200
Crazy Kong: 513,700 (KS)
Member for 9 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer snek IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #267 on: April 14, 2016, 12:58:32 pm »

<stirpot> <popcorn>
I mean under reported Arcade records.  I should have put Arcade the 2nd time I mentioned it in my post.  My mistake.

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline blackraven15

• I usually just quietly lurking
    • My UV Multimidia Art
    • Awards
« Reply #268 on: April 14, 2016, 03:29:10 pm »
Speaking of Donkey Kong news I think Robbie Lakeman's new Donkey Kong Arcade record my very well be the most under reported Donkey Kong record ever after three days! Go type in Robbie's score and Donkey Kong, and the results you get are this.

Guh o.0 This is a lil bit sad, I woulda figured it would have made way more waves -.-
Willow / Sock's other half

Higest DK Remix score default setting 64 180 (April 19 2018)

Twitter: @donkeykongremix
https://www.facebook.com/donkeykongremix/
Member for 8 Years

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #269 on: April 14, 2016, 04:17:10 pm »

Guh o.0 This is a lil bit sad, I woulda figured it would have made way more waves -.-
The one good thing is it's not Robbie's first time getting the record, and so he has had his share of fame fortunately.

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard