Author Topic: DKJR Score Submissions  (Read 229960 times)

Graham Wolfe

Re: Score Submissions
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2013, 06:08:10 pm »
New DKJR score 1,081,300

Offline JNugent

• Just a guy who likes to play games.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2013, 11:12:29 pm »
Great score Graham!  SF champ, now looking to destroy Jr!  Awesome.

567,200 - Crazy Kong (MAME) - ended on L=21 rivets
555,000 - Donkey Kong (MAME)
Member for 11 Years Twitch Streamer Blogger

Graham Wolfe

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2013, 06:07:56 am »
New Score: 1299500 with kill screen this time

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2013, 06:28:51 am »

Wow, simply amazing!  Job well done indeed!  It took me forever to get a score like that, and you come along in a very short period of time, and you do it in a matter of a couple of months.  Congrats on that. 8)

Edit: I think you officially made your goal of being an elite Donkey Kong Junior player.  I have a feeling though, that you are not stopping there. ;D
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 06:32:03 am by homerwannabee »
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Graham Wolfe

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2013, 10:18:24 am »
tyvm. yeah i finally met all criteria in this game short of world record. I finally played a real game, with full point press and kill screened and hit the 1.3 range. now that i finally hit this giant leap i have to test myself in arcade too see if i can do it there =)

Offline JNugent

• Just a guy who likes to play games.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2013, 11:38:37 am »
Wow, look out!  'The Graham Man Cometh'!

567,200 - Crazy Kong (MAME) - ended on L=21 rivets
555,000 - Donkey Kong (MAME)
Member for 11 Years Twitch Streamer Blogger

Offline JCHarrist

• Spring Jumper
    • Donkey Kong Forum
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2013, 11:59:27 am »

Verified and added to the list. Amazing progress Graham!
Member for 11 Years DKF Founder Former CK World Record Holder - Arcade CK Killscreener DK Killscreener

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2013, 12:18:04 pm »

Verified and added to the list. Amazing progress Graham!

Nice to see you take over the all time Jr. list. 8)

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Graham Wolfe

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2013, 12:58:43 pm »
Thanks...my next goal is a bit ambitious, who knows if ill get there but it's always nice to set a goal :)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2013, 01:30:56 pm »
Thanks...my next goal is a bit ambitious, who knows if ill get there but it's always nice to set a goal :)

I have to say, I think you came onto the scene 8 months too late.  Back then the record was 1.329 million or something like that.  The record now is much, much harder to get at 1.412 million.  On a plus side, if you do break this record I think you will have a much greater appreciation for it since it is now so much harder to get.  I do however think you have the aptitude to break this record.

Also, remember this, your score is already higher than Billy Mitchell, and Steve Wiebe.  Only 4 players in the history of the game including yourself have a higher score than those two legends.

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Graham Wolfe

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2013, 01:54:22 pm »
The reason I think it's possible for me is because I had a perfect springboard game which confirms that I can do it on a good day, combine that with the sheer amount of horrible errors including my one death in my 1299,500 game and it equates to a 1.45 mil game in theory...if I had the skill to get the 1200 glitch regularly and the fourth spark without relying on luck then I would imagine I could hit 1.5 but neither of those skills I possess...yet

Zetherman

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2013, 10:19:50 pm »
very impressive progress! so how much can you count on cashing in lives at the end of the game ?

Graham Wolfe

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2013, 12:27:46 am »
well ive had days in my street fighter days where i did stuff that i felt was impossible for a normal human to do, so i believe anything is possible. i played my most recent good game with 1 death and that was mainly due to running out of time because i was so tired my timing was off on springboard. if i can have 1 death only and it was a silly death, then i think i can do 0 deaths. as for those 3 lives being 90k extra points, if i ever wanna beat marks score since im not as good as him i think i need to have all 3 of them to beat it hehehe

one thing though is i have 2 save states when i have spare time to practice, one loads me right next to the double spark on hideout, so i can practice glitch 1200 timing, other is springboard, i just practice  those things, i should try to add quad spark kill combo to my regimen since the top dkjr players can do that while i rely on it happening by luck

Zetherman

« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2013, 01:00:19 am »
90k wow that's huge. so was the 1 death from being too risky? it sounds like dying is potentially losing a bunch of points. is is worth those points to play safer or not ?

Graham Wolfe

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2013, 06:53:33 am »
Playing safe is very important but too safe and you lose too many points and end up with a shit score. Thing is I play a very safe game for my skill level while putting my risk to its max for my level. I have a few tricks that remove much risk like when I snap jaw jump I stay by the right ledge so if I time a jump a tiny bit too early I can't die to that....this is what I call idiot proofing my game. Yea I can jump jaws but does it mean I won't mess up one jump in the possibly over 1000 jumps for that section of point pressing...all it takes is one mistake. By jumping there I've effectively removed most of the risk as well as actually created a situation that allows me to take impossible jumps for points

What I mean by that is mebbe someone not so close to the edge would be unable to make a jump because they would land on the snap jaw. But I can do the jump and get extra points.

I also do this 'edge' jumping right below the short vine while waiting for the red jaws to line up its tiny things like this that idiot proof my games and make me so much less likely to die.