Author Topic: I am sorry for asking a stupid question...  (Read 2640 times)

jay195

I am sorry for asking a stupid question...
« on: July 04, 2013, 06:52:34 am »
I recently purchased a donkey kong machine, as some may have read...anyways, do i have to oil the joystick, as i was told from a few people that i have to every couple of months? my average play time is about 2 hours a night, and if i am not mistaken, 3 in one oil would be the oil i use?

thanks in advance guys...

jay195

Re: I am sorry for asking a stupid question...
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 07:33:11 am »
i found it, thanks anyways guys

Offline Xermon54

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 08:21:52 am »
Don't worry, there are no stupid questions. Only stupid people. Haha, kidding  ;)

Personally, I've never oil-ed my joystick (and 1 year later, it still works very well), but maybe some people do it. I would enjoy to know who oil their joystick, that doesn't seem to be a bad idea (because yeah, the joystick can sometime be "sticky", maybe because you have to oil it, but also maybe there's dust in the joystick so you have to clean it).
1) World Record of the most insults received by a plastic surgeon - 3752

2:World Record of the most Check Man games played - 6 (tied with Hank Chien)
Member for 11 Years Blogger DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 08:41:28 am »
Don't worry, there are no stupid questions. Only stupid people. Haha, kidding  ;)

That reminds me of an incident at work a few years ago.  At the time, I was a member of the IT programming staff.  A woman in the adjacent Accounts Payable department was having a hard time sending a fax.  After 10 minutes of unsuccessful attempts, she loudly blurted out, "This stupid machine!"

I calmly informed her, "There are no stupid machines, only stupid machine operators."

Everyone nearby seemed to enjoy that remark, except her.   :)

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer