Author Topic: Kong Off 3 Hotel Arrangements Thread!!!  (Read 17019 times)

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
Kong Off 3 Hotel Arrangements Thread!!!
« on: June 27, 2013, 05:52:03 pm »
We need to start planning some hotel arrangements now for the people that will be coming from overseas and need to start booking things to save every little $$$ they can. Post as needed below with your various situations/plans so that others can coordinate with you! Thanks!

I'll say up front that I am willing to room with anyone that wants to, and that I would like to room with as many people as possible to lower the costs as much as possible. I would be completely fine sleeping on the floor if we ended up getting that many people in our room. I would prefer to stay at the Crown Plaza, which was the main hotel suggested for last year's Kong Off. I found that hotel to be great, as long as you have a full room (or fuller) to split the costs.
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

corey.chambers

Re: Kong Off 3 Hotel Arrangements Thread!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 05:55:36 pm »
Ok, maybe I could drive to Mitch's house and then we could car pool.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 06:00:09 pm »
Sorry, I'm probably (like 75% sure) flying. But let's keep in touch, cuz if you get desperate, I'm sure we can make something work. I have my friend Alex coming with me, and he is into theological/philosophical stuff (much like we are) so if we drove, it would make for some sweet conversations! :)

EDIT: Another thing is, I'm gonna be going to Denver a few days early to make sure everything is a-okay with Vince and my DK manuals that we will be selling during the KO3.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 06:02:27 pm by marinomitch13 »
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

corey.chambers

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 03:35:52 pm »
I will just stay in a room with you Mitch. Anyone else thinking about Hotal Arrangements?

Offline Bliss1083

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 03:51:46 pm »
Yeah I'll sleep in my car. In November weather. In DENVER! Lol. Just joking.
Donkey kong  arcade 867,000 kill screen
Donkey kong arcade 1-1 12,800 12,200 12,100 and 12,000
Donkey kong end of level 4 132k
working on my hello kitty island adventure skills
Member for 11 Years DKJR Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2013, 08:13:44 pm »
Sounds good, Corey!

Anyone else is welcome to join our room. Once we get 4, we'll book a room, but we'll still be open for more people to join in to lower costs even further! (I can sleep on the floor, if need be)

acrjoey

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2013, 08:52:11 pm »
I want to be clear here. I have no desire to stay in a hotel with 3 dudes especially if one of those dudes is engaging in any kind of burrito eating contest. I just want to know how much I would have to chip in to FORCE you to sleep in the floor beside an empty bed or preferably sleep in the hallway? Wait! scratch that. How much to get you to sleep in the lobby and yell at the front desk receptionist to keep it down every time they try to do there job?

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2013, 09:34:09 pm »
I'm cool with that. Only issue is the crown plaza was only giving "the rate" for those 3 days which doesnt work for me. I was going to fly out on Thur and Fly back on monday (Otherwise I get in late Friday and have to leave early sunday missing the awards/etc). I'm game to share a room to help save the cost.
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2013, 10:59:28 pm »
I want to be clear here. I have no desire to stay in a hotel with 3 dudes especially if one of those dudes is engaging in any kind of burrito eating contest. I just want to know how much I would have to chip in to FORCE you to sleep in the floor beside an empty bed or preferably sleep in the hallway? Wait! scratch that. How much to get you to sleep in the lobby and yell at the front desk receptionist to keep it down every time they try to do there job?

;D

Offline Xermon54

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2013, 04:21:43 am »
You can fight about the hotel arrangements, but I'm sleeping with Allen, no matter what! He's mine!!! (strong no homo).
1) World Record of the most insults received by a plastic surgeon - 3752

2:World Record of the most Check Man games played - 6 (tied with Hank Chien)
Member for 11 Years Blogger DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline muscleandfitness

• Pie Kicker
  • Elite Member
  • Wall jump WR Holder x3
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2013, 06:04:49 am »
On Hotel Arrangments Jourdan is Teaming up with hotel management for discounts for the hotel in denver.. contact jordan i think..
59 wall jumps new world record on mame
55 wall jumps on a cab New World Record
longest convener ride in dk history New World Record
World Record for standing behind oil can until end of lev
A Reverse finish on Rivet  board. 12 ks's HS 992900
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2013, 02:06:58 pm »
Ok, I'll be booking my room at the Crown Plaza this week for Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday night of the KO3 week. I will be trying to find a different place to stay on Wednesday night, since I will be arriving Wednesday afternoon.

Please respond here if you want to be in my room, as well as what nights you want to use the room. You only have to split costs for the nights you will be using the room (i.e. If there are 3 guys in the room on Thursday night, the cost for that night is split 3 ways... but if there are 4 guys on Friday night, that night is split 4 ways).

So far these are the people I know of for sure (please confirm as well!):

-Mitchell Elliott..............(Thurs-Sun night)
-Corey Chambers..........(Thurs - Sun night ?)

I'll be editing this list as people are added.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 02:08:47 pm by marinomitch13 »

DiggingInNY

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2013, 07:15:02 am »
I would assume that there is shuttle bus service that runs from Denver International Airport to the hotel. How much does it cost (I am too cheap to pay for a cab) and does it run all night? I am arriving early Friday morning at around midnight.

Thanks

Offline mikegmi2

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2013, 07:20:24 am »
Yea, I forget the name of the shuttle service, but you pay 1 price at the airport (I think $20 or something, it wasn't bad), and you get a ticket for the shuttle to drop you off, and then pick you up and bring you back to the airport.  For me, I got picked up around 2:30am when the 1up closed, and went straight to the airport for an early flight last year.  So yea I think the shuttle runs at all hours...and they'll pick you up from pretty much anywhere.

Mitch I think you may be out of luck for rooms...or at least no more rooms at a discounted rate.  The football game and other events that weekend made for a much busier downtown Denver weekend this year, I believe.
Donkey Kong - 1,076,000 (arcade, KS)
Member for 11 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2013, 08:19:49 am »
Ok, I'll be booking my room at the Crown Plaza this week for Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday night of the KO3 week. I will be trying to find a different place to stay on Wednesday night, since I will be arriving Wednesday afternoon.

Please respond here if you want to be in my room, as well as what nights you want to use the room. You only have to split costs for the nights you will be using the room (i.e. If there are 3 guys in the room on Thursday night, the cost for that night is split 3 ways... but if there are 4 guys on Friday night, that night is split 4 ways).

So far these are the people I know of for sure (please confirm as well!):

-Mitchell Elliott..............(Thurs-Sun night)
-Corey Chambers..........(Thurs - Sun night ?)

I'll be editing this list as people are added.

Mitch I had intended on staying with you and thought you had the room already?
If you haven't booked the room yet might be a problem as I hear there are not discounted rates left?!?

I just checked Hotels.Com
The Ramada is 2 miles away and $74 a night right now and La Quinta Inn Denver Central is 0.85 miles away and $87 a night.

I will be there Wednesday - Monday. Check-In Wed - Check-Out Monday

Want to book this now?

Dan
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger