Author Topic: Bit of friendly competion eh?  (Read 2799 times)

tom bradley

Bit of friendly competion eh?
« on: June 24, 2013, 04:03:57 am »
So ever since I broke 200K a few days back I have going really downhill when I play. I've come to the conclusion that to motivate me I need a bit of competition, so here is the competition thread! The place were you can set up competitions with fellow donkey kong players.

Rules: both players competing must stream at the same time and the man/woman who gets to the assigned scores first wins.
Both games should both be visible on each persons stream.
Players can give up but automatically lose the match.

Prize for winner: Pride :P

Happy konging!

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: Bit of friendly competion eh?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 08:00:32 am »
Great idea. Toward the end of 2011 a few of us would get together some (late) nights and do what was called "mini kong-offs". There would be any number of ways to do it, but I think instead of a 24hr time block, we used 2 hrs. I hope some people get together for something like this, it was definitely a good time.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

corey.chambers

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 08:07:17 am »
That sounds cool, that is a lot like a rating game in chess where two people will have an official, rated game and the results of the game will impact the rating of the players. Ethan and I have an unofficial long-standing "who gets to a million first" challenge. I think either of us would like one of us to do it by November.

tom bradley

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 08:08:52 am »
Great idea. Toward the end of 2011 a few of us would get together some (late) nights and do what was called "mini kong-offs". There would be any number of ways to do it, but I think instead of a 24hr time block, we used 2 hrs. I hope some people get together for something like this, it was definitely a good time.

Me and Dustin Pease having a match later today or tommorow

SQUIIDUX

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 08:50:54 am »
OH YER!
- Dustin

Offline Bliss1083

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 11:12:42 pm »
I'm down if anyone wants a heads up competition on Friday night. Kind of antsy since I didn't have anytime to play during the rematch.
Donkey kong  arcade 867,000 kill screen
Donkey kong arcade 1-1 12,800 12,200 12,100 and 12,000
Donkey kong end of level 4 132k
working on my hello kitty island adventure skills
Member for 11 Years DKJR Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer