Author Topic: OK, lets hear some explaination on this death  (Read 3559 times)

Offline LMDAVE

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
OK, lets hear some explaination on this death
« on: May 31, 2013, 06:37:50 pm »
http://www.twitch.tv/lmdave/c/2359929

I kinda think I know what happened, but it's pretty weird dieing this way.
Donkey Kong (Arcade): 1,108,100

Donkey Kong 1-1: 12,900

http://twitch.tv/LMDAVE
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

corey.chambers

Re: OK, lets hear some explaination on this death
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 06:58:41 pm »
I think that if the rivet disappears while you are in hammer motion, you must continue to press right or you will die. Maybe you were continually pushing right through the whole thing. If so, I did not think it was possible.

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 07:06:24 pm »
Dave,

I think that if you look at the position of jumpman's legs, you can see that their pose changed immediately after you cleared that rivet.  It appears you let go of the right directional on the exact pixel that cleared the rivet, and the release of the stick gave jumpman a 1 pixel "bounce-back".  At that point you should have instantly fallen through the hole, but the 2 foxfires that were being smashed temporarily fought the effects of gravity; giving rise to the illusion that you just randomly dropped, while standing stationary.

Regardless of what actually happened, it certainly looked strange.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline LMDAVE

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 07:17:10 pm »
Forward motion thru a rivet should never drop you thru regardless if you stop or not, as long as you continue in the same direction you can make it every time. Did it a million times.

Here's what appeared to happened and Ethan kind of saw it. Because of my joystick problems. I let go of the joystick on the first hit and the spring back has been giving me problem lately, turning me around, actually if it's just a millisecond, it'll back Mario up a pixel without even turning him around, that's what happened. You'll see Mario back up one pixel after going over the rivet. so that made me fall thru.

This spring back has been driving me nut lately. Like tonight. I let going of the joystick with the conveyor carrying me into to fireballs with the hammer, but as soon as i let go, the spring back turned me around and my back went into the fireball.

I'll have to bend my leaf springs back a little on my joystick, but if I go too far, doing standing back jumps becomes an issue.

Man, I wish my control were working like they did 6 months ago.

Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline Bliss1083

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 11:31:27 pm »
My controls were acting screwy for awhile and I put some wd40 in the joystick and it's been a dream ever since. I doubt that's your problem. Not sure of the throw on your stick either but if it was good 6 months ago I doubt that's an issue unless you switched sticks.
Donkey kong  arcade 867,000 kill screen
Donkey kong arcade 1-1 12,800 12,200 12,100 and 12,000
Donkey kong end of level 4 132k
working on my hello kitty island adventure skills
Member for 11 Years DKJR Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Bliss1083

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 11:35:53 pm »
Havent looked at the video but from what I read you also might need to bend out the spring to it. I know you said it will effect your taunting but try to find a sweet spot. The bounce back just hit the other direction spring in the joystick from letting go.
Donkey kong  arcade 867,000 kill screen
Donkey kong arcade 1-1 12,800 12,200 12,100 and 12,000
Donkey kong end of level 4 132k
working on my hello kitty island adventure skills
Member for 11 Years DKJR Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

hchien

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 05:31:42 am »
Dave, did you recently grease your joystick?  Even if you didn't try removing some of the grease from that ball at the center of the joystick mechanism.  I had that springback issue during KO2.  After removing some grease it worked like a charm.

Offline LMDAVE

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 06:35:19 am »
No I didn't grease it recently, but I may be bending the wrong leaf. I'm bending the spring that is getting hit by the spring back, I should also bend back the leaf that may be helping with the spring back also...just back them both off. I think it's close right now, jsut a little more tweeking might be it.