Author Topic: The Donkey Kong Deaths you just can't stand!  (Read 11485 times)

Offline Bliss1083

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Re: The Donkey Kong Deaths you just can't stand!
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2013, 03:41:46 pm »
The 2 phone call deaths that happen when my concentration went out the door! had 300k with only one death point pressing.
Donkey kong  arcade 867,000 kill screen
Donkey kong arcade 1-1 12,800 12,200 12,100 and 12,000
Donkey kong end of level 4 132k
working on my hello kitty island adventure skills
Member for 11 Years DKJR Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Mario500

• Doing 'The Mario' on the keyboard
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2013, 06:50:26 am »
This is the one death that for whatever reason just drives you up the wall.  Deaths that will make you want to use every single cuss word in the book, plus a a few foreign ones as well.

OK, I'll get this started.  I could name a few, but one for me gets me going like no other.   Mainly because it's a complete result of me being a bonehead in the game.  For me it's dying on the ladder.  It doesn't matter where in the game  Rivets, Pie Factory, Barrel, or even Elevator boards.  Almost all of them is completely due a lamebrain move on my part.

So how bout you.  What is your one death that just drives you crazy?

There was no need to be negative toward yourself, because no human is perfect (not even the smartest of people). You did your very best and that is better than doing nothing at all.

As for my deaths in Donkey Kong, none of them made me feel like cursing or cussing (I have never cursed or cussed for any reason). Some of them only made me say "oh" or "aw".
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 06:55:24 am by Mario500 »
Highest Score in Donkey Kong for Nintendo 64 Systems (Mario500): 699,300 points (Level 19-1)
Highest Level in Donkey Kong for Nintendo 64 Systems (Mario500): Level 19-1
Member for 11 Years

Offline LMDAVE

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2013, 07:26:03 am »
Back-to-Back losses are the worst, especially after having a great start. While you're trying ot get it out of your head about how bad you just got screwed (or screwed yourself), another one happens on the same board.
Donkey Kong (Arcade): 1,108,100

Donkey Kong 1-1: 12,900

http://twitch.tv/LMDAVE
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline Xermon54

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2013, 09:41:46 am »
Ethan, I thought it would've been dying on the kill screen before getting killed by the kill screen for you.

Personally, I would've said dying from the XX_X combination, but since I started avoiding it by wall-jumping, it's no more a problem for me right now.

I would personally say thta the most annoying death is point pressing on top, forward jumping over the X_X___X then backjumping over the last barrel, then climbing down, then forward jumping to the left this combination again and backjumping the last barrel. 90%+ of the time, you're able to do it without getting a barrel in the face, but sometime, depending on Kong's randomness, after landing the backjump after climbing down the ladder, you will get a barrel in the face in front of the middle ladder.

This frustrates me, because the 2x X_X___X is the coolest grouping to do in Donkey Kong, and it gives a lot of points if you can climb immediately after. So dying from bad randomness by doing this grouping is annoying. (I tried to explain this situation as best as I could, maybe someone can translate what I said if some don't understand!)
1) World Record of the most insults received by a plastic surgeon - 3752

2:World Record of the most Check Man games played - 6 (tied with Hank Chien)
Member for 11 Years Blogger DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2013, 10:28:10 am »
Elevators since they are 100% in my control. I've gotten better last few days but still super annoying! I think the worst for me is what happened yesterday when I got deep in the game. Running the boards and a fireball makes it up the barrel stage faster then you can climb the ladders. Totally frustrating to watch him climb ladder after ladder right on your heels and then trap you when your JRTFBDN. GRRRRRRR
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2013, 04:53:46 pm »
Don't worry, Vince, I completely understood what you were describing. I like pressing/grouping that situation as well. However, I hate it even more when you die up top doing the first back jump like in Dean's video: http://www.twitch.tv/up2ng/c/926270
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer