Author Topic: The Donkey Kong H2H World Championships  (Read 7041 times)

Offline NWnike

• Awards
The Donkey Kong H2H World Championships
« on: September 25, 2020, 06:25:17 am »
The inaugural Kong League season comes to a conclusion with the third and final event in the Jumpman Points Race, the H2H World Championship bracket tournament. This month-long bracket-style tournament pits players against each other in elimination matchups to advance.

The event kicks off September 29th with a "play in" seeding tournament to establish the playing field and brackets. The H2H World Championship Main Event 1st round matchups will commence on October 7th.

Stand-Alone H2H Seeding Tournament

Start: Sep 29 '20 at 0:00 UTC
End: Oct 06 '20 at 23:59 UTC

Signup: https://www.CAGTournaments.com/H2HSeeding

This short seeding tournament will determine the starting seedings for the H2H Championships, the third event in the Jumpman Points Race.

**If you want to participate in the H2H Championships you must submit a qualifying score in this event.

The H2H World Championship Main Event

Start: Oct 7 '20 at 0:00 UTC
End: Oct 31 '20 at 23:59 UTC

The third and final event in the Jumpman Points Race. A bracket full of head to head battles to determine the best Donkey Kong League player.

https://www.CAGTournaments.com/H2HChamps

In addition to the H2H Main Event, prizes will be available in the form of knockout bounties and Kong League will feature individual primetime matchups on Twitch with commentary from Kong Klub's Jacob Ashley and reigning Mame DK world record holder Dean Saglio among others.

The festivities kick off this Tuesday night on twitch.tv/kongleague

Visit the Kong League Discord server for up to the minute announcements, tournament rules, and prize info: https://discord.gg/kjGWzT8

« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 06:28:46 am by NWnike »
Member for 5 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline NWnike

• Awards
Re: The Donkey Kong H2H World Championships
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2020, 06:43:30 pm »
We are now less than 24 hours from the start of the Donkey Kong H2H World Championship. Can you feel the anticipation? This will be the final leg of the Jumpman Points Race and all players should be looking to solidify their positions for the season. Grease those joysticks and clean those buttons... it is time for a throwdown!

And don't forget to keep your eye on Kong League's Twitch channel for viewing head-to-head battles with live commentary!

Offline krehztim

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2020, 01:07:10 pm »
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR PEOPLE???  Low seeds will have the opportunity of a lifetime, going head to head with world record holders and DK masters.  It IS DK after all, anything can happen.  If we have more than 40 seeded players, I will send a custom t-shirt to anyone who defeats one of the top 5 seeds in the first round.

The inaugural Kong League season comes to a conclusion with the third and final event in the Jumpman Points Race, the H2H World Championship bracket tournament. This month-long bracket-style tournament pits players against each other in elimination matchups to advance.

The event kicks off September 29th with a ?play in? seeding tournament to establish the playing field and brackets. The H2H World Championship Main Event 1st round matchups will commence on October 7th.

Stand-Alone H2H Seeding Tournament

Start: Sep 29 ?20 at 0:00 UTC
End: Oct 06 ?20 at 23:59 UTC

This short seeding tournament will determine the starting seedings for the H2H Championships, the third event in the Jumpman Points Race.

**If you want to participate in the H2H Championships you must submit a qualifying score in this event.

The H2H World Championship Main Event

Start: Oct 7 ?20 at 0:00 UTC
End: Oct 31 ?20 at 23:59 UTC

The third and final event in the Jumpman Points Race. A bracket full of head to head battles to determine the best Donkey Kong League player.

https://www.CAGTournaments.com/H2HChamps

In addition to the H2H Main Event, prizes will be available in the form of knockout bounties and Kong League will feature individual primetime matchups on Twitch with commentary from Kong Klub?s Jacob Ashley and reigning Mame DK world record holder Dean Saglio among others.

The festivities kick off this Tuesday night on twitch.tv/kongleague

Visit the Kong League Discord server for up to the minute announcements, tournament rules and prize info: https://discord.gg/kjGWzT8
Donkey Kong (US Set 1) - 542,800
Donkey Kong Start - 111,100
Crazy Kong Pt II - 590,800 (KS)
Member for 8 Years Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline SCOTT

• gaming since nes
    • \
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 08:18:48 pm »
Watched a stream from Kong League channel and Jacob with awesome commentary, good fun to see players going for high scores live and chatting with community.
scotttwitc_h
Member for 3 Years

Offline NWnike

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2020, 05:14:32 pm »
We are at the final 24 hours mark of the Seeding portion of the H2H World Championships! Be sure to get those scores submitted to grab a spot in the head to head brackets.

Registration is still open and anyone can enter.

If you do not submit a score during the seeding portion you will NOT be entered into the main tournament! Registration closes at the end of the seeding tournament.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 07:01:56 pm by NWnike »

Offline krehztim

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2020, 10:54:49 am »
We are just about 6 hours from the deadline of the Seeding portion of the H2H World Championships! Be sure to get those scores submitted to grab a spot in the head to head brackets.

Registration is still open and anyone can enter.

If you do not submit a score during the seeding portion you will NOT be entered into the main tournament! Registration closes at the end of the seeding tournament.
Donkey Kong (US Set 1) - 542,800
Donkey Kong Start - 111,100
Crazy Kong Pt II - 590,800 (KS)
Member for 8 Years Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2020, 12:01:12 pm »
ahhhh ok ill play after work today. Whatever i get i get.

Dan
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2020, 05:33:37 pm »
Ah well i tried to play now and i guess its too late? The post said 3pm and we had 6 hours but i think DKF time is not right. Grrrr

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2020, 05:37:18 pm »
Ah well i tried to play now and i guess its too late? The post said 3pm and we had 6 hours but i think DKF time is not right. Grrrr

Fun fact: the tournament site has a timer.
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2020, 05:56:52 pm »
Just trying to help, since this isn't the first time you've had problems with cutoffs.
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2020, 06:15:30 pm »
Thanks appreciate it. Yeah I know I'm guilty of not being sure if it was last quarter drop or not since the site didnt say and the site also didnt mention not being able to submit scores after the next round started either so I missed that. I should have read the forum post I guess but I didn't see that part and I should have caught that before I tried to put my score in. Apologies for the explosion it was just a really bad day today and I shouldnt have let this get to me. Its just a game and it was my fault for not paying attention.

Just trying to help, since this isn't the first time you've had problems with cutoffs.