Author Topic: Having Trouble Pulling Off 2 Quick Jumps! :-(  (Read 5018 times)

Offline Ronnie S.

• Awards
Having Trouble Pulling Off 2 Quick Jumps! :-(
« on: November 05, 2019, 08:58:57 am »
Hey fellow DKer's!  When the spacing of the barrels is kind of close together I can't seem to pull off 2 quick jumps?  Seems like there is more than enough room to do it as there is ample space between them.  But on the second jump attempt I almost always get nabbed.  My button / micro switch seems ok so I dont think thats a problem.  Although maybe it is an issue since I cant get that second jump to register quick enough?  Anyone else have this problem?  Hate getting burned when I know I pushed the button to jump.  LOL!
Member for 4 Years

Offline SithOfSpades

• Awards
Re: Having Trouble Pulling Off 2 Quick Jumps! :-(
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2019, 12:34:32 pm »
A safe way to handle tight barrel groupings is to make use of the back jump. https://www.twitch.tv/sithofspades/clip/HumbleGiftedWolverineSwiftRage is an old clip where I make use of this. You can also do some early straight jumps or even jump into the grouping in a crafty way, but when a tight combo sneaks up on you, back jump is your friend.
Member for 5 Years Winner of a community event DK 1M Point Scorer Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Ronnie S.

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2019, 01:10:45 pm »
Very nice!  I watched the video and that's some fast jumping.  I'll try this technique for sure!
Member for 4 Years

Offline Ronnie S.

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 07:38:52 am »
Didn't get a chance to try the backwards jump yet but hope to try it tonight.  <blinky>
Member for 4 Years

Offline bensweeneyonbass

• Dong Face Killer
    • Boooooring!
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2019, 12:43:39 pm »
with the jumping

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/505670447

I almost always do a straight jump to better time my placement into the barrel grouping before needing to use the back jump
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 12:46:38 pm by bensweeneyonbass »
Member for 8 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Ronnie S.

• Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2019, 08:19:00 am »
Nice!  I didn't know it was possible to jump like that?!  Very nice skills and thank you for sharing.  This will help me a lot.
Member for 4 Years

Offline Ronnie S.

• Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2019, 08:24:45 am »
Farthest I've made it so far since I got my DK Cab 3 weeks ago is level 7 at 182,500.  Man I don't know how you guys get a million points and a level 22 kill screen.  Unreal talent.  Game is def funny as sometimes the first level is just as hard as the higher levels. Guess that's why I love it so much.
Member for 4 Years