Author Topic: Rivalries in Donkey Kong  (Read 14907 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Rivalries in Donkey Kong
« on: May 01, 2013, 08:17:49 pm »
If you think about it, there has been a few rivalries that have come up from time to time in this grand game.  Three ones come to mind right away.

Steve Wiebe Vs. Billy Mitchell:  This obviously is probably the most famous rivalry of all time due to the documentary.

Hank Chien Vs.  Vincent LeMay:  This one is more in fun, but it's still a hoot to see the playful spar of word's, and pictures.

Brian Allen Vs. Allen Staal:  Although they are nowhere near the greats of this game, this pictures, and the sparring over the past year has been completely awesome on so many levels.

So those are the ones I know of, off the top of my head.  Do any fellow forum members know of some other Donkey Kong rivalries?
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Simpsons99

Re: Rivalries in Donkey Kong
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 09:47:10 pm »
TY George   ! 

I hate that Allen Staal Guy!  :)
If you think about it, there has been a few rivalries that have come up from time to time in this grand game.  Three ones come to mind right away.

Steve Wiebe Vs. Billy Mitchell:  This obviously is probably the most famous rivalry of all time due to the documentary.

Hank Chien Vs.  Vincent LeMay:  This one is more in fun, but it's still a hoot to see the playful spar of word's, and pictures.

Brian Allen Vs. Allen Staal:  Although they are nowhere near the greats of this game, this pictures, and the sparring over the past year has been completely awesome on so many levels.

So those are the ones I know of, off the top of my head.  Do any fellow forum members know of some other Donkey Kong rivalries?

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 09:49:35 pm »
Looks like there may be a potential 3-way rivalry starting over the DKjr wr!  ;)
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Simpsons99

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 10:15:35 pm »
who Mitch?
Looks like there may be a potential 3-way rivalry starting over the DKjr wr!  ;)

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 10:34:05 pm »
George, Mike, and Mark.
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Simpsons99

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 08:53:56 am »
You've forgotten someone Mitch.

:)

George you still playing DKJR?
George, Mike, and Mark.

Offline VON

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 10:56:48 am »

Yes.  We must all remember that Brian is legally retarded, and that every time his name is omitted from a list he cries himself to sleep at night.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2013, 11:31:50 am »

Sorry, I forgot Ben.

Offline Xermon54

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2013, 12:39:38 pm »
Wtf Mitch... you still forgot to mention one of the most important dk jr player... sometime I think that you don't want to include his name because you don't want to give him any credits of his accomplishments. You know as much as I do that you didn't mention his name on purpose, but we all know that he is a great dk jr. player, as well as a great Donkey Kong player.

Next time, don't forget to include Hank in your list.
1) World Record of the most insults received by a plastic surgeon - 3752

2:World Record of the most Check Man games played - 6 (tied with Hank Chien)
Member for 11 Years Blogger DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

hchien

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2013, 01:36:20 pm »
Vincent, you forgot to include:

<sarcasm>

</sarcasm>

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2013, 02:24:19 pm »

Sorry, I forgot Ben.
You also forgot Billy Mitchell.  Shame on you!  He got a 1.27 million game WITHOUT Dean's hideout trick.

By the way.  In case anyone didn't know, it was Brian Allen who originally started calling it Dean's Move.

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2013, 02:27:00 pm »

Sorry, I forgot Ben.
You also forgot Billy Mitchell.  Shame on you!  He got a 1.27 million game WITHOUT Dean's hideout trick.

By the way.  In case anyone didn't know, it was Brian Allen who originally started calling it Dean's Move.

Speaking of which I forgot to mention the guy I named in the last sentence.  Dean Saglio!   If he ever killscreens the game he'll be vary close to the record, if not have the record.

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2013, 02:28:42 pm »
Agreed. Both Billy and Dean should be considered genuine competition on this one, as both have shown they can play at a very high level of pressing (though, Billy's score is kinda suspect). While we're at it, we might as well throw Steve Wiebe in here as well.

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2013, 03:24:35 pm »
Agreed. Both Billy and Dean should be considered genuine competition on this one, as both have shown they can play at a very high level of pressing (though, Billy's score is kinda suspect). While we're at it, we might as well throw Steve Wiebe in here as well.

OK, agreed on that one too.  Here is my rule of thumb.  If you are not within 200,000 points of the record, you really have no reason to be upset if your name is not mentioned.  Want your name mentioned, than at least get a 1.15 million score.

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Simpsons99

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2013, 06:04:08 pm »
Thanks  George.

Ignoring  Ross's post.

OK, agreed on that one too.  Here is my rule of thumb.  If you are not within 200,000 points of the record, you really have no reason to be upset if your name is not mentioned.  Want your name mentioned, than at least get a 1.15 million score.