Author Topic: Maximum Realistic Score on DK3?  (Read 11429 times)

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
Maximum Realistic Score on DK3?
« on: August 13, 2019, 07:31:13 pm »
There's been a lot of talk about the highest theoretical score achievable on DK, some similar talk about DKJR, and very little about CK...but none that I know of in regards to DK3.

So, DK3 experts...what do you think is the reasonable maximum score that could be achieved on the various DK3 tracks? And along similar lines: what is the most points ever scored on a single life in those various tracks?

I may or may not use this information for something in the future...  <popcorn> <stirpot> <Allen>
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline alumbrada

• Awards
Re: Maximum Realistic Score on DK3?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 07:59:33 pm »
I may or may not use this information for something in the future...  <popcorn> <stirpot> <Allen>

Information in .xls format is most appreciated.
DK high score: 89,100
Member for 10 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline alumbrada

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 08:04:48 pm »

Information in .xls format is most appreciated.

I've been informed .xlsx is currently in use and .xls is outdated.

My bad!
DK high score: 89,100
Member for 10 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2019, 01:02:44 am »
I have a very real sense that my guesstimation is actually way lower than what is possible.
If someone were to put a million dollar bounty with highest score by the end of one year.
I would expect.
50 million for DK3 easy
25 million for  DK3 medium
18 million for DK3 hard
10 million for DK3 hardest

I think my personal best score on one man is
1.3 million easy
Check the beginning of the 8.7 million score I might have gone over a million on one of those men.
I did over 900k on a first man once for hard.  The game was horrible, but that first man was something else.
I did 200k for hardest for one of those men I think.

The Nintendo Switch did make me realize that you do need a lot of fine tuned gameplay.  Those controllers suck.  Playing with a thumb instead of three fingers, or a hand completely sucks. But I realized after having great difficulty that you can't play the game as sloppy as I thought. There is this constant pressure you can't find in the first two games. 
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 01:05:01 am by homerwannabee »
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2019, 04:13:38 am »
There is this constant pressure you can't find in the first two games.

HERE WE GO!
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2019, 05:09:57 am »
Pressure from the enemies.  Just running the boards doesn't have the nowhere near the same pressure from the enemies.

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Fly

• Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2019, 08:36:20 am »
Realistically, without the money nobody will play at that level. So Rileys estimates are assuming $$$ is involved.  What the records are right now is about it.

I'm either half serious, or half not serious but not both. That wouldn't add up.  ;D

Hec
Member for 10 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2019, 02:00:03 pm »
A million dollar bounty isnt really realistic so RileyPls

I havent tracked my biggest men throughout my games as you get (and lose) them so quickly it hasnt really mattered

I think if the code is looked into a bit deeper and we start to understand the game at the core level we would see some massive scores put up. Theres a ton of unknowns in this game eg why the swarm sometimes passes across the screen. Understanding why and how to exploit this (if possible) could be a game changer

The easy tracks are basically done, no real reason to play on those unless you're learning the game and going for RBS, even so you could just start on D3.

I'd like to see an RBS on hardest which I think is possible but 10/10 in terms of difficulty.

So I guess to answer Jry's question; >Riley
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 03:43:41 pm by Barra »
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline GILLYKONG

• Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2019, 03:40:39 pm »
I would just be happy with a RBS someday
Member for 8 Years DK Remix Killscreener Winner of a community event DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener CK Killscreener DK Killscreener DKJR Remix World Record Holder DKJR Remix Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline krehztim

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2019, 05:21:50 pm »

I think if the code is looked into a bit deeper and we start to understand the game at the core level we would see some massive scores put up. Theres a ton of unknowns in this game eg why the swarm sometimes passes across the screen. Understanding why and how to exploit this (if possible) could be a game changer

Someone please dig through the code before Flob and I start La Calice Cup.  This game hates me.
Donkey Kong (US Set 1) - 542,800
Donkey Kong Start - 111,100
Crazy Kong Pt II - 590,800 (KS)
Member for 8 Years Blogger CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2019, 06:12:58 pm »
You're trying to find secrets in a game that doesn't have a killscreen.
As far as getting the swarm, I have a theory that the odds increase the higher Donkey Kong is on the ropes.
Look, there are at least three people in the hobby I think that can beat my record(s).  Barra, Jason V, and Wags.
I'll tell you what matters most.  Practice.  It's really not that complicated.  The more time you spend playing the game, the better you get.
Gil, if you are as fast of a learner on DK3, as you are on DKJr, you'll have not much of a problem.  Again, it's all about the practice. That's the true secret ingredient.

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard